1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Batter Match making

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Su-57, 3 Dec 2018.

1. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    we always ask developers for better match making , we show them screen shots how we get unfair battles . show them lvl of players . now developers listened us and they make sure we don't show them any screen shot telling how match making was bad . because now we can't see level of ships , or infamy . details are removed .

don't know if this improve anything .

Attached Files:

2. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

Bro, this is my personal opinion (since no one read Battle bay production solution files) Rubio actually use unfair match making to keep win/lose ratio under 60%. So they don't listen or care if you complain.
    Thanks

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

*Also, wearing tinfoil hats protects you from government surveillance*

4. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

That's just prebattle, you still have all that info in the after action report

5. DerrickRose

I will decomplie the Battle bay apk soon so I will break down one by one how they keep user win/loose ratio under 60%. Wait for my next post. Or you want to do it together? You said you are com engineering right? Let me know if you are interested in.

6. TheAntiSnipe

Love to learn, man! Never done it before(except is it legal tho?)!

JoshW likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

Oh and P.S. If there is such a system, odds are it'll be serverside and not clientside(because nobody is that stupid)

And also, there probably ISN'T such a system and it's a natural W/L, look at any game with a ranked, gearbased system and any player playing it, you'll almost always see a 55-45 or so ratio on even the pros.

8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I'm just glad I'm up to 1 kill per battle :D

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. DerrickRose

Hmm it's too early to say how complicated it is and are you referring clientside just UI part for this? I will get back to you when I get a chance to actually try it out.

I know most of battle bay users think like you. You may be right.
    So you say 55-45 is average if it's ranked game. I agree on some of it but what if...? almost every user is under 55-45 in that game? if that's true then you wouldn't think the devs are manipulating the game? Some users (not a huge group ) must be higher than average such as 70-80% winning ratio if they are really skilled and greatly equipped if the winning depends on only by chance and skills.
    I used to think like you for last year and a half until I researched the user's record. So here's why I found it so suspicious.
    It's a long story but keep it short. I always wonder how this random matchmaking works. Sometimes I meet good team players for 10 straight games, and meet terrible selfish players for 10+ straight games another time. It made me feel weird. Not just a few games, I'm saying. One day I win a lot, one day I lose a lot. It's not consistent. However, let's say it's just random and you may have a different experience. who knows?
    One day, I teamed with speeder who played so terrible I can't describe. (I'm not going to say how he played). I thought "this guy must have bad winning ratio" and I just looked up his record. And guess what?
    It was 50%. What the hell? How such dummy player like him has a similar ratio with what I have? (sorry, I know I can't define if someone is good and bad let's just say he didn't do team play) I looked up every single my guildmate ratio and guess what? 50 -51%. I couldn't believe it. 25 users (we are highly ranked and good players. ) have almost the same winning/losing ratio. This freaked me out. I still thought "Ok. Really highly ranked users must have good winning ratio" so I picked top 30 users around the world and I surprise no one was over 60% and 90% of those users were between 49 to 52%.

I don't know man, I just couldn't explain myself how this results established only by chance. Who knows? Like you said I might overthinking. I will figure it out so keep in touch.

Last edited: 4 Dec 2018
    •ABT• likes this.
  10. The Skywolf

The Skywolf Member

It's statistics, assuming you have a 50% chance of winning (and losing), the more games you play, the more your w/l ratio will tend towards being that theoretical percentage, which you will hit when you reach your appropriate infamy level.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Is it the meaning that the title is “Batter matchmaking? A word joke or so? Contamination between better and badder? *worse*

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Good luck with that... matchmaking is done server side. :D

There are definitely matchmaking manipulations done in this game, and occasional head scratcher in events with super-wide ranges of Gear Score put together in the same match for no good reason. They key is always in match balancing though... that's where sides can and do get maniplated.

13. ShinkuMoon

ShinkuMoon Member

I upvote for manipulation. I once had my mk4 fixer got up to Ace2 while had a very long time stuck in Master1 after I upgrade it to mk5 and no item loadout changed.

I managed to get a very general rule of thumb, however. Whenever you start to lose in streak, say 2 defeat in a row, stop playing the game and come back later after a snack or a workout - the matchmaking is likely putting you on a loser train where all other teammates in your team is going to be at least 1500+ infamy lower than you (happens a lot in events) and there is just no way you can win with green dots scattered all around the map doing god-knows-what.

14. TheAntiSnipe

Do you guys look for faults in your wins? Not a rhetorical question, seriously. Do you?

15. ShinkuMoon

ShinkuMoon Member

Assuming you are talking about faults in performance in battles then I do a lot. Not those "ah wish I didnt miss this R. bolt" but mostly review replay, checking the unfriend's aspect to see how well did I hide and how a napalm placement could be better, etc., especially when I consider some sinks of friends can be avoided, or some defenders can be left with lesser hp at the end (so more healing for others. IMO if a defender ends up with more than 50% hp, either my bad or his/hers).
    Also, there are cases I thought we would almost certainly lose but end up the other way, I check review too, though not really focuse on my own performance.

And no, I won't try hard to find my own fault if its apparently some incompetents who ruined the battle.

16. TheAntiSnipe

Try looking at the friends side. Back when I was a noob, I used to watch everyone on my team. And guess what? I came to the conclusion that everyone is an idiot. Including me( :D ). Why? Well, you see, every single member of the team, even in a win, makes mistakes that would lead to a loss were it not for a change in the battlefield conditions.

Losses are simply a string of bad decisions with nobody trying to stop them, and in a slow game like BB, those mistakes become painfully apparent.

But yeah, I agree about the manipulation to a point. Except it isn't in the way you think.

Did you know that, if two players are on a loss streak, the game tries to match them in opposite teams so that one of their streaks breaks? This is a quote by Zeus(if I'm not wrong)

@Ash KOT that IS what he said, right?

17. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

That is correct... but I'm not convinced it works any longer based on my experience lately. It's been a rough go for me the past few weeks and matchmaking is not relenting in the slightest.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    I have mine on.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  20. LeTunKit96

LeTunKit96 New Member

Devs should recalculate Gear Score. Gear Score should base on Stats(Damage, HP, Speed,Duration,...) and Performance. Not just some random math rules.
    My experience: Matchmaking always combine people from 9000 Gear Score to 6000. 6000 Gear Score players always die or do low damage, and lose in CTF.