1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tesla shield vs Tesla bolt

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Litcex, 30 Nov 2018.

?

Tesla shield or Tesla bolt?

1. Tesla shield

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Tesla bolt

45.5%
  3. Go OB+Nitro+Nitro

54.5%
  1. Litcex

Litcex New Member

So, I'm a lvl 24 speeder at 1000 infamy (ik my infamy is low, but just that is why I'm asking:D) and I run epic T2 mine, rare t2 ex cannon, OB+double nitro, Big Shield, Bandie and turbo. I'm going to use ob and double nitro until I get my nitro to ~5 sec cooldown and then I will switch to either to tesla shield or tesla bolt. So on what should I focus on in the long run? I am a f2p btw

AntiHero likes this.
  2. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

The answer to your question highly depends on your playstyle.
    If you are a ranger speeder, keeping enemies at the max range of your explosive cannon then I would recommend tesla shield. This will allow you to block a shot and be less likely to get hit by a follow up shot while you're stunned.
    If you are a dueling/brawling speeder, engaging in sustained combat at close range I'd say tesla bolt. This will allow you to stun your target and make for an easy escape to let your bandage do it's thing. It'll also let you stun one target in a 1v2 and increase your odds of survival.

Overall I wouldn't use either of these at your infamy team coordination is abysmal and most likely your stun will be broken and you'll get hit while retreating. Bubbles pop in one shot from the most commonly used items and you'll be a sitting duck.
    A speeders strength is it's speed lol.
    Running Ob, binitro will allow you to move a lot faster and dodge most of the heavy shots increasing your survivability tenfold.

The only speeder setup I would use a tesla shield on would be dual snipers where all you're trying to counter is other snipers and the occasional railgun.

TheAntiSnipe and Litcex like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Absolutely correct! We should, however, train him(get what I wanna say? Hehe)
    How would you react if I said, "Neither"?

Personally, speeder is about baby steps. And at 1000 infamy, it's the perfect playground. Master OB+Nitro first, learn its ins and outs. Once you're sure you completely understand evasion, go for tesla bolt integration.

Tesla bolts give a lot of training about when you can "ignore an opponent", sometimes even when they're not stunned.

And finally, don't use TS at early levels, it's super weak until either rare t4 or epic t3. Once you get there, however, that OB nitro training will come in handy. You'll be able to dodge involuntarily and be able to evade what you're incapable of blocking.

I understand that this is a bit of a tall order. However, there's a little initiative I run, called the BB Training School™, and if you choose to enroll, you can play what you want in actual matches while we train you in custom battles!

So, if you wish to learn, we can help you! This is, of course, optional, but for ease of instruction, you can join here:

https://discord.gg/vsaysNn

Otherwise ofc we'll be perfectly happy to train you about speeder on the forum. My player tag is #SHRNBCQR, I'll be happy to train you :)

JoshW likes this.
  4. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Absolutely lol.
    @Litcex I'm not the best speeder out there but I can definitely run you through the basics.
    I'm usually in-game around 6pm EST and I'd be happy to help you out.
    My player tag is #JXSFJGCB shoot me a friend request when you get a chance.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. Litcex

Litcex New Member

Thank you soo much, I don't think there is a well known member on this forum that can help as much as you (as I know,) but I just don't have the time to learn in custom battles (I joined your discord ages ago). And to what I seen on my level of infamy, I'm already skilled enough for masters 2, because not long ago I switched my mine to a flare and put burning damage perks on my exc and OH BOY did I get rekt. From 1000 to 500 infamy without a win. But then I switched to the mine exc combo and climbed to 1k infamy again. I'm just gonna sit in masters 3 edge until I have the levels to go up to 2, because my exc CAN be t3, flare t4, bandage t3. And I just need to train ma weapons (R.I.P. crew, but they weren't good anyways lol) so I'll just go with OB binitro because I like to clean up kills and plant mines on top of unfriends heads ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but they need to stop overleveling... I have seen a lvl 50 shooter with double t5 epic blast, t5 rare flare and double t4 and t3 epic mine... so I'm like :eek: oh and my tag is #NZCWGFNZ

Last edited: 1 Dec 2018
    NeptuneGaming and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

Does this thread apply to enforcers?

7. Litcex

Litcex New Member

Kind of...

8. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Is a lvl 24 speeder expensive?
    Sorrry, but I’m just wondering... My speeder is lvl 15 and I use it only in CTF events, last event I copied a set-up/setup/set up/ whatever might be the good spelling. It was a double nitro and tesla bolt... But welll however I’m not a pro in anything...
    Just saw tomorrow I only have 8 wins with defender lol(since that update with that the ammount/amount of battles won with a certain boat counts)

@Litcex, I wish you the best of luck with your speeder!

Litcex likes this.
  9. Litcex

Litcex New Member

It depends on the cost. If you get a lot of gold quests levelling is nothing, but, atleast for me, leveling is hard, because of the lack of gold, but I have TONS of sugar. One upgrade from level 20 costs around 700000 gold, but I have only reached 24, so idk bout the higher level costs. As you only use in CTF and your nitro is untrained (IM it doesn't have a 5 or lower cooldown) I'D recommend OB+binitro, because bolt is REALLY weak at lower levels. Oh, and a quick tip - focus on one boat and certain weapons, but don't take a low level speeder to a TDM or a 1v1, so don't forget other items too. But focus ONLY for 1 mortar and 2 torps ( i recommend big torp and the other is up to you), because it's just not worth it using more that 2 mortars or 2 torps on a ship.

10. Nikkie!

Well... Right now I have somewhere in the million gold, because I drew around the 140,000 guild tokens in the raffle, and there were a lot of (useless) perks that I sold.
    Sugar is my weak point lol, I almost never have more than 200,000 sugar:)

That’s a good tip, adding OB instead of Tesla Bolt:) Mostly because my OB is the yellow item I’ve upgraded the best (Lvl 12 Epic, it’s always on my fixer;))

11. Litcex

Litcex New Member

If you are using an epic early on, I suggest only one because later epics are really hard to level up. I use an epic mine on my speeder, and the rest is blue/uncommon. So just a long-term tip.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Nikkie!

Yup, I know that they are hard to level up... I can’t even upgrade my weapons lol... I don’t have enough rare and common parts :D
    But yellow items are also things I rarely upgrade:)

P.S. Nitrocooldown is at 10.3 seconds

13. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Blue riot shield that the guardian has.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    That TM at the end of Battle Bay Training School haha

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe