1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The Need To Feel We’re Getting Better

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by YerJokinArnYer, 15 Aug 2018.

1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm seeing no progress on this front... it's been getting worse.

2. Bill Miller

Bill Miller New Member

I couldn't agree more with you, the match making is all over the place and makes you think what's the use of even trying! I've built my Defender ùp to where it shouldn't get blown away in half a game but with the Hodge podge matching I haven't got a chance, very disheartening especially when it goes on for many battles!

Last edited: 7 Nov 2018
    Sidd gamer, This Is Me and RACK STAR like this.
  3. Ekans_Hissy

Ekans_Hissy Member

Well there's definitely the feeling of no progress trying to upgrade this new ship

4. RACK STAR

RACK STAR Member

With developers ending Pieces chest for events. It stopped a player friendly element for progression. Bring it back.

Also put captain level restrictions into regular mode game play. Limiting how far one can drop in infamy... to prevent seal clubbing.
    Raise gold drop rate. Currently it's horrendous in the game.

All 3 of these ideas would up progress and feel of progress for players who are playing more than an hour a day. They deserve better.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  5. RACK STAR

RACK STAR Member

Next. Stop 7 day events. It has an effect on ranked play. By stopping top nightmare league players from even trying in ranked play. Currently 2 days into season reset and league high score for nightmare is 4.5k. That's whack. Don't have events go over league reset date. It fundamentally suppresses players infamy all the way down to 2k. Fix it

Sidd gamer and Flint like this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

A better solution is to stop NML reset, then 7 day events are fine. Let the 5k players go to 5k and stay there. Let the 4k players stay at 4k rather than get seal clubbed by 5k players. Let the 3k players stay at 3k rather than get seal clubbed by 4k players. etc, and so forth.

Sidd gamer, Flint and Aether_Zero like this.
  7. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Infamy climb has continued, I am now at 3488 infamy and 4th in my Ace 1 league.
    1900 infamy to 3488 infamy in 6 weeks is a huge increase!

Flint, Nicolas and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I got to 3796 this season! 8th in my league:D speeder4life

Last edited: 12 Nov 2018
  9. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I think you was supposed to type 3796 right?

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Woops, edited lmao

11. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Should start seeing you in game more often soon now we are only 300 difference in infamy :)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

I saw you in my team few days back.

Ash KOT likes this.
  13. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I wonder if it was a good idea to scrap the mk ship system. New players had new ships to look forward to. But now they don't anymore, because all ships are the same. Okay, we got 2 nice new ships, but again, the same problem: ships stay the same.

I had no problem with the old ways, as a matter of fact I liked it more than this new system. The game still is great (except for the lagging issues), but not much to look forward to. And the problem we had that a mk1 faced a mk5, still exists with the new system. Where a level 15 ship will face level 50 players. The ships may have the same amount of weapons and gear, but by far not the same strength.

So, I wonder if the new system will attract more players and will keep them in long term. I hope so! But I can also imagine the lack 'ship progression' could make the game less attractive in the long run. Everybody wants to see fruits of her or his hard work and what is nicer to have worked hard for a new ship.

But of course I might be wrong.

Regards,
    Flint

Jamel H. likes this.
  14. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Rovio has sacrificed the community's enjoyment of the game for a money grab. For example, this new event sucks as far as rewards go. I just used 360 coins on the ship pieces. It took me a day and a half to acquire the 360 coins and when I traded them in, I didn't even get enough pieces to upgrade either ship not one time, which is just stupid in my opinion. My interceptor is level 22 and my reaper is at level 17. After grinding for 360 coins, I didn't get enough pieces to upgrade either ship, not even once! What sense does that make? Rovio acts like this is the only enjoyable app available, which is far from reality. Out of 18 twenty coin crates, all but 1 gave 65 pieces. The 1 exception was a 500 piece crate. I nearly uninstalled the app then. Its just ridiculous. Greed will be the downfall of this otherwise wonderful game. Perhaps Rovio needs to take another look at its business model. This is not just my opinion alone either. My guild has even pointed out the fact of a ridiculous grind for minimal reward.

Sswingle and This Is Me like this.
  15. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

If they want people to spend more money, then don't make it sooo much more expensive, but the opposite cheaper. Better sell 20.000 ships for 10 dollar, than a 1000 for 50 dollar. I would have bought both new ships for 10 dollar and many, many people with me. That is just simple economics and I don't see why they take the opposite route.

16. Rez Messing

Rez Messing Active Member

Ne’er-do-well
    Yes, I want to reiterate this very important fact - we grind very hard in this game and get very little reward. Also, I”ve spent a couple thousand dollars in this game and I feel I’ve gotten very little reward for that as well. Something needs to change.

Sswingle and Jamel H. like this.
  17. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Something is going to change alright. It's called "uninstall". Flint is spot on with his post. Rovio's greed is why I won't spend a nickel. Fifty bucks for a weapon on a mobile app? Wealthy or not; that's the dumbest crap I've ever heard of for a mobile game.

So many people are so frustrated with this game. People have gone from spending hours at a time on it, to barley being seen in the bay at all.

Last edited: 14 Nov 2018
    This Is Me, Sswingle and Rez Messing like this.
  18. BrubbridiMessina

BrubbridiMessina New Member

[QUOTE = "YerJokinArnYer, post: 167271, membro: 13315"] Avendo letto alcuni altri post sul forum, una cosa che mi ha colpito è stata la necessità di sentire come se stessimo facendo progressi. I giocatori stanno diventando frustrati da un'apparente mancanza di progresso, che può diventare un motivo per smettere di giocare.

Penso che sia importante a questo punto definire due termini. Il progresso assoluto è una misura che ignora tutti gli altri giocatori. (Esempi di misure assolute di altezza sarebbe dire che sono alto x cm). Il progresso relativo è una misura di te rispetto ad altri (come, io sono più alto di y% della popolazione della Gran Bretagna)

The primary progress indicator that players use is infamy. But as we’re aware, infamy is a measure of our progress/strength relative to all other players at that particular point in time. We know that with an established player base there is a ‘power creep’, many players are getting stronger at the same rate. Therefore even though we improve (by completing training, improving gear, or by our own skills) that is often not reflected in infamy (or perhaps not to the level that we expect. Therefore, whilst infamy is a fantastic matchmaking tool which measures our relative skill, training, gear etc, it isn’t great for measuring absolute progress (ie progress which isn’t affected by other players) .

There are other progress measures in the game:
    Captain level - which is a quite a simple, absolute measure showing our progress in reaching captain level 50 (and completing crew member training). It’s easily understood but it’s limitation is that it is just a measure of the degree of training completion. It takes no account of our gear or skill. It is very visible though, being shown next to player names for all players in our league, and for the top 50 in NML.
    Gear Score - an absolute measure of how good our weapons and various items are. This is still a system under review with various gear and perks still not perceived as equivalent to their given gear score (turbo for example). This system takes no account of our training or skill. It is only visible by clicking on a particular player to see their profil.
    Power Score - power score is the matchmaking tool for events. It is an absolute measure of training and gear score (though suffers due to the imperfections in the current gear scores). This score is not visible to players at all at the moment (you can’t even see your own) as it is perceived that this will lead to abuse of the system. It takes no account of skill - but is used in events on the basis that it will reward skill, good tactics and people who can quickly adapt to the rules of that event.

Of those measures, power score is probably the measure which would most allow players to feel that sense of progress. In a perfect world (where all bugs are ironed out of the system) they could quickly and easily see the absolute strength of their boat and how it compares to rivals and the top players.

One thing that should help players feel as though they’re making progress are achievements. Many other games make use of them to reward progress. Battle Bay does have achievements, but I don’t feel that they’re structured in a way to reward/recognise progress, but rather specific events that happen as a bi-product of you playing. Eg sink two ships with one torp, do x amount of healing in one game. Just because you do them in one game, doesn’t mean you are capable of repeating the feat consistently - which is what measuring progress should be about. (Although it would be nice if you automatically gained a link to the battle in which you completed the each of the current achievements so you could watch them again). Perhaps an achievement like ‘average 10,000 damage in per win’ (measured over last 100 wins) is more like the type of achievement I think we should be having.

Ad ogni modo, quelli sono i miei pensieri. Sarebbe bello ascoltare le opinioni degli altri sui progressi, soprattutto se hanno altre idee per misure di progresso che non ho menzionato. (Spero che non lo trovi troppo lungo da leggere :)) [/ QUOTE
    ROVIO VERGOGNA , PER SALIRE D'INFAMIA DEVI SPENDERE SOLDI . VERGOGNA

19. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    What’s your player tag, we can fleet. Now, I have just climbed from 1900 to 2200 breaking 2000 for the first time.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  20. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

You need to be within 800 infamy to fleet. 3796 - 2200 = 1576, so you can't fleet.