1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The ship upgrade cost needs to be lowered don't you peeps think??

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Undead fixer, 10 Nov 2018.

1. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

I am losing infamy but not talking about that so I wanted to upgrade my ship to the higher level but... IMG_20181111_091832.jpg IMG_20181111_091851.jpg R.I.P my gold lol
    But honestly why the costs are high?
    Just asking I mean I should buy a rare item then waste my gold on that.
    Hope you peeps have a good day

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  2. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    How I see it
    1. The gold is high because the devs want more money
    2. The progression is slower so that higher level players don't leave.

3. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

On the other hand, the only thing you are lacking now vs higher level boats is some HP. Pre-update when boat upgrade costs were lower you also had to upgrade the boat to unlock more slots for weapons and items. So maybe there isn’t as much urgency to level up now.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Not sure why slow progression would keep higher level players?

wtfack likes this.
  5. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    If you max out everything, what is there to do?

6. Undead fixer

But the main problem that I need hp trust me the matches down here it's just ridiculous! No joke I run into ships with over level 40

7. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

All of my boats were already mk7 before the update so I haven’t seen what the new upgrades are like. How much hp do the boats go up with each level? With 50 levels and knowing they bumped up the HP of low level boats, it seems that each upgrade must not add a lot of hp. Do you get more bang for your buck to level up shields before boats now?

8. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

It adds different amount of hp depending on ship. For speeder it adds around 60 hp per level and for defender it adds almost 200 per level. And they cost a whole lot of gold. 655k to get from level 20 to 21, 1.48m to get from level 39 to 40, and 2.1m to get from 47 to 48. I think they should be lowered. Ship upgrading is already limited by level.

ShipCrusherCz and Fish like this.
  9. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

That does sound expensive vs pre update. Will be interesting to see the long term impact (like boats with all maxed out items on low level boats). I’m assuming the prices were set with some strategy in mind by the devs (not convinced that it’s a cash grab tough - I don’t see very many people using pearls to push through 50 levels).

10. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

You think gold cost is high? Just look at th money cost to level up Reaper and Interceptor then maybe you'll be grateful you can level with gold vs lame puzzle pieces!

Turkett

Riddlerpaji and LimeOnMars like this.
  11. Undead fixer

Yeah I have the reaper and it kind of sucks you need pieces to upgrade it but hey not Complaining

12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Think of Fortnite... there's no progression, it's a purely skill based game, and people keep coming back for the competitive aspects, and the ability to play with friends, and that is easily 100x more successful than Battle Bay. In Battle Bay if you are in NML you can't just meet someone off the street, sell them on the game, have them join your guild, and fleet with them to train them up. What you should tell them, but don't, is this: "Hey download this great game I'm playing. Maybe sometime next year we'll be able to play in the same match together." Let that sink in for a minute, and you'll start to understand why Battle Bay is struggling for new blood.

IMO, when you do max out everything in Battle Bay it's the point you finally get to compete on equal terms with top Infamy players, like you can with Fortnite on day 1. The problem with Battle Bay is that the progression requires more time grinding than perfecting skills, and max progression is thousands of hours over many years. What percentage of the potential customer base has that type of patience and dedication?

And then when fresh new content is added to keep the game fresh in the form of long-awaited new boats, Rovio demands a few mortgage payments to use them. It's a big F-off to all the players in this game.