1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Dropping infamy punishment length

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by NmE, 9 Nov 2018.

1. NmE

NmE Member

im really trying to stay with the game, used to do enforcer, but honestly not enjoying it anymore.

Was at 3700 but since I unlocked interceptor I’m only playing that because well it’s new and I enjoy it. Dropped to 2900 and got flagged. I thought with season reset it would go away, but nope.

Is this permanent or will level itself out after two seasons? Sucks getting 0 stars winning and being middle damage.

I know the argument is well i deserve it because i am taking advantage of people but everyone has V epic gear when i don’t and i have about 1800 less health than my enforcer.

I’m sure fixers that want to play something else have gone through this as well.

Thanks.

GrizzlyMoose likes this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It lasts two weeks if I remember correctly...

RACK STAR and The Otherguy like this.
  3. GrizzlyMoose

GrizzlyMoose Active Member

How do you know you were flagged? It may have happened to me in the past.

My infamy is like a thermometer...up and down. Why? Because I work hard on guild quests that force my to use ships and weapons that I am not overly familiar with.

With the new ships (or spare weapon holders as I call them) and new lvls the game has changed.

Matchmaking was bad before but is absolutely terrible now. That combined with lag issues that translates into shots not registering.

Infamy is a measure of your battle success not your skill. That is wrong.

Infamy points should be based on both team and individual play. If I get most damage and most kills in a defeat why should I be punished if teamed with suicidals.

DerrickRose likes this.
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

That's actually the first time I've heard it's only 2 weeks... typical response is "as long as you're 800 off your lifetime Infamy high"

When you stop receiving stars in battles, regardless of what you do.

5. NmE

NmE Member

If that is true it is always based off your highest infamy i will just add it to another con of the game.

Really piss poor to have that bad of a system. Forces you on 1 ship and ruins any hopes of using the new ships.

6. envylife

This is a big oversight by the current Rovio team. More ships mean you have to farm more types of items, and more revenue follows. Single boat focus means less item building. I don't get the current direction.

7. GrizzlyMoose

Well, what pisses me off is that I just realized it has happened to me and I received no warning from rovio, or mods.

If I am to be flagged I should at least know. Does pm not work?

So basically, if you put your head down and grind in guild quests using unfamiliar weapons and ships and your infamy drops you get punished.

Guilty by the order of Rovio without notice or rebuttal. Nice:mad:

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

You are not supposed to know that you're being flagged, because if you're an actual sealclubber, this will allow you to know what caused you to get flagged, meaning they you'll then be able to exploit the system.

Also, I feel your pain. Having to get good with multiple ships to help your guild takes a painfully long time, especially if those ships are poles apart. For now, I recommend working hard with your questing loadouts in events so that they're actually playable at your native infamy in ranked.

9. envylife

Why? I can't fathom a good reason for lack of notification... the current system pretends that being passive agressive will result in positive behavior, but people don't always work like that.

If Rovio wants to discourage seal clubbers, they should simply issue a direct warning. With a warning the seal clubber will know that the activity they are engaging in is not tolerated and they will either stop doing it, leave the game, or get a ban. If not, the player will just think there is a bug in Battle Bay, and may even continue to tank infamy because how do they know otherwise?

What's Up Player likes this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

Well idk, the general consensus is that what I said is the reason why notifications are not given. Although you might have a point there. However, what about the seasoned sealclubbers? They'll simply find loopholes based on the notifications.

11. envylife

What loopholes? I mean if Rovio catches someone seal clubbing, sends a notification, and they don't comply, Rovio has a long track record of being able and willing to ban players for a time. I'd bet money that the fast majority of players being punished by their ASCPE (Automatic Seal-Clubbing Penalty Engine) are not actually seal clubbers.

If Rovio scaled rewards so that low infamy matches didn't reward higher than high infamy matches, there would be no more loophole to exploit. Rovio built that loophole themselves. Further if there were Infamy floors, there would be no high level players in low level matches. Rovio built their game to allow this. It's Rovio's fault, not these mostly fictitious seal clubbers.

12. nickatorit

nickatorit Member

Yeah totally agree, if you use weaker ship or weapons because of guild quests or because they introduce something new so it is not fair that you get punished if you drop over 800 infamy. There should be some "inner" rule, comparing avaregy gear score of your oponents, if you are not to much off you should get normall rewards. Or at least not 800, because it is not so big difference if you play 3500 and drop to 2700. So it should be lets say based on some percantage you drop.

13. TheAntiSnipe

Your point is, again, correct. However, what I was trying to say there was that some sealclubbers(the real deal) will be able to understand what trips the sealclubbing penalty. This means that they'll be able to find ways to exploit it without tripping it, over time.

But then again, your theory is correct. I've been saying this for a long time, the best way to remove sealclubbers from the game is not to punish them, but reward the act of pushing harder, something the game seems to... Punish? Up to a certain level?

envylife likes this.
  14. GrizzlyMoose

Again I appear to be flagged!

I mean just because I had a spike in infamy doesn't mean because it dropped I am doing it intentionally. I had a run of good luck as opposed to my usual bad luck.

So here we go. Infamy is supposed to be a measure of battle skill. Yet we are constantly fighting in events that are basically first team to 10 kills (or sometimes 4....when unchecked event wording occurs). So we are all suicidal in hopes that the amount of damage will result in more coins. So events are programming us to be seal clobbers....pick a target and fire no matter what cause will respawn.

Then when they deliberately put star quests there so we have to fight strategically to avoid death. Now some players.....at least on teams with me.....seem to carry their suicidal event mentality with them and die immediately.

So here is what I want to know. Is the flagging automatic?
    Does it reverse when your infamy is within 800 of your best ever or is it for a set amount of time?
    If it based on best ever or (maybe as it should be?) based on average during a season.

I would much appreciate a response from the developers.

Your limitations are making it frustrating to play. This is why I am now a Former VIP advising others no to buy offers and stop subscribing to VIP.

As for me, I am no longer concerning myself with infamy.....it's pointless......I can win and score points for guild quests with 0 infamy. I am now officially going to become a seal clubber so if I'm on your team well tough luck!

IDGAF!!!

Off to the App Store to find a fun game.

15. GrizzlyMoose

You know I'm not liking the game if I'm on here complaining.

16. nickatorit

nickatorit Member

Yeah agree, it makes sence to use this 800 infamy diference for players betwwen 0-1500, but not higher. it should be changed exponentially to higher numbers. So for 4k players it will be 1600 for example. And also about that deathmatch, counting there doesnt make sence at all. It should be change to:

Coins should be based on deference between killing/death if you do 4/0 you are good, but if you do 4/4 you are no so good and just playing kamikaze style. It would help peaple play deathmatch but still thiking about defense and team playing.. Also only kills in statistics doesnnt make sence, there should be k/d stats as well

17. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Wait you guys actually want Rovio to implement a system that would make sense and also work fine?? That's rude imo..

JediKnight1968 likes this.
  18. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Tbh I think there is totally no any perfect solution for seal clubbing problems,unless someone can come out with a great one.
    No penalty system causes a large amount of seal clubbers in bay,while implementing penalty system causes innocents to be affected

19. GrizzlyMoose

There you go. Infamy should be based on individual performance and individual stats as well as team play.

I have had 4 kill losses because of suicidal idiots and lost infamy.

Not because of my gameplay but because of team members.

I have a string of 10 losses as a fixer where I am top scorer and equally good heal stats and lose because of suicidals. Yet not my fault.

The only wins I get lately are when I am fortunate enough to get at least 1 teammate that has a clue.

20. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

It is 2nd last season top