1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

NEWS: Balance changes & NEW ship: Meet your REAPER!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 30 Oct 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mr.Safranek

Mr.Safranek Active Member

STOP THE CRYING....

2. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Right; but that HP gain is not tied to firebomb. Any other setup gets the same boost on shooter and the same limited boost on enfo. The item itself was nerfed more as a % of stats before the update. Total boat setup, that’s a different conversation.

Either way, it doesn’t seem to have been the end of either firebombs or enfos in game play - have seen plenty of both since the changes.

FataMorgana88 and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  3. Subbie the Blaster

Subbie the Blaster Well-Known Member

Fixing all day all idiots
    As if you were confident with the update (or are you? [Nem hinném] )

ZeroNegativo likes this.
  4. Subbie the Blaster

Dear Devs, please excuse us the little conversation with Mr. Safranek lol

5. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Would be great to have a “translate” button in the forums. I’m too lazy to copy and paste into Google Translate just to learn that the conversation has nothing to do with me. Clicking a button to learn that is about the level of effort I can muster.

6. Subbie the Blaster

Yeah I mentioned it in Hungarian, there is a rule on the forum that everyone must write in English...

7. Geo Capt Tbag tactical

Geo Capt Tbag tactical New Member

Rovio get off your high horse and pay the mods don't be using people like that u for your pleasure so u don't pay some for the that's work security u probably fire the people that did that back then so u now want to do these hell no u guys are uing peoples as tooks get mods aiming of doing. Someone job u fired how sad I feel bad for the person who would be doing . these for money and now u using people blike puppets

RACK STAR likes this.
  8. Geo Capt Tbag tactical

Say what work for free hell no I wonder who they fired that need there job.. how sad

Attached Files:

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

1. You don't speak for the mods.

2. There was NO ONE doing the job before, so no one was fired.

3. MODs don't work fulltime. They cannot possibly measure how to pay one.

4. As a MOD (on leave) and an MVP before that(we were basically forum mods, again, I'm on leave from the post), I can say that I love the job enough to do it for free. It's satisfying, and I have a personal interest in keeping my neighborhood free from namecalling and hate speech. Why don't you ask the other mods why they do what they do?

Nikkie!, Fixer Wiseman, JoshW and 4 others like this.
  10. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

I would still prefer a translate button so that you can write in which ever language you are most comfortable. The game is international. Probably lots of people not joining the forum conversations because they aren’t comfortable with English. I’ve played other games with translation built in. Not perfect but mostly people get the idea. Stronger community = stronger game.
    I stand by my original comment: I am lazy :)

11. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

What makes no sense to me is that they increased the power of the weapons and then downgraded ships defense. How does that make the game more enjoyable? I'm at about 10 matches a day. That's down from about 30 matches a day, because the game is beginning to suck something terrible!

On top of that, I've been playing this game for well over a year and I'm still getting multiple uncommon and common powercells daily. Why would I need anything uncommon or common with an infamy of 3500? I could use some epic powercells though. You know ..... the ones that you give out 1 per week....smh

Reorge, Yakima, xbabounex and 5 others like this.
  12. Gilligans Island

Gilligans Island New Member

So i took my phone to the store they said its not the phone its the app. Why do i keep playing this lagging crap. Why cant this be fixed. Only silence. Thanks after 2 years of sheer joy, vip every month for what. Ive been nightmare league for over a year im actually afraid i wont make it this season.

13. Geo Capt Tbag tactical

I agree with all the content and complaints people are saying you should focus on fixing the problems everyone's are saying first before adding more content.if you can't fix these problems you're going to keep getting complaints. you should first focus on patching all the complaintsn.stop adding more if u can't even keep up with you complaints and fix this first I can move up in ladder because all hear complaints are real and make it hard to get here legue

14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I agree, we need an update like the "From Battle Bay With Love" update that focuses more on fixes and quality of life improvements. We need this, we've had some HUGE changes to the game, it's time to let us adapt and fix what needs fixing.

Nikkie!, Reorge, Aether_Zero and 9 others like this.
  15. xbabounex

xbabounex Member

Good point! Same here!
    Battle Bay is sinking.

16. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

When I first started playing nearly 2 years ago, I had no complaints. I simply grinded hard on a daily basis to level up my ships and to collect new items. For the first 8 months, absolutely no complaints. I worked my butt off to earn resources and leveled up all my ships. I even watched my captains level increase and enjoyed receiving the reward at each new captain level. I also enjoyed collecting the rare items and upgrading them to level 5. Lastly, I didnt mind the grind because I also saw my infamy increasing as well. There was a lot to look forward to, and there were attainable goals that I could reach with reasonable effort.

Now, all of that has changed. I've been at captain's level 50 for months now, which is the max level, so guess what.... increasing captains level is something I can no longer look forward to. Also, there is no longer a reward to look forward to for increasing captains level.

After a year of playing, I realized how long it was going to take to find and upgrade epic items. It was a year and a few months before I could get my epic items to level 3 and even a few more months to finally get them to level 5. So guess what, I nearly lost interest in the game because it took months to upgrade a single epic item to level 5. I haven't and will not mention legendary items. Let's just say that I didnt have one until they were made available through achievements.

Next is the powercells issue. A year ago when I had all rare weapons, I would still look forward to playing the game, because I could still earn a few rare powercells each day. Once I got a few epic weapons and depleted my collection of epic powercells that took me more than a year to acquire, I soon realized that I was screwed. Guess what, I could no longer look forward to upgrading my weapons anymore, because if I'm lucky, I might earn 6 or 7 epic powercells after a week of play, which is simply ridiculous.

Now once a player has become a veteran and played for more than a year, there's almost nothing to look forward to. The only thing a player can do at this point is wish that you would stop being so stingy with epic powercells so we can upgrade the epic items that we've spent so many hours trying to collect. You're asking for a lot of commitment when you want your gaming community to flourish, but as time goes on, players have less and less to look forward to. So people like me who have been around for 2 years slowly become frustrated and lose interest. The only thing that keeps me playing (which is a lot less these days) is the fact that I enjoy my guildmates. But that won't be enough to keep me playing when there's nothing else to look forward to.

Look at all the useless items that I have in my inventory, because 2 years later you continue to give me uncommon and common powercells as though I haven't upgraded any of my items. That makes no sense. The rewards that I receive should not be the same exact rewards you see fit for a new player that's just starting out. Seriously..... look at my inventory.

Screenshot_20181109-015124.png
    Screenshot_20181109-015212.png
    Screenshot_20181109-015221.png
    Screenshot_20181109-015237.png

What's enjoyable about knowing that I will have to play at least a month or more just to upgrade one epic item from level 4 to level 5? I do appreciate the new ships, but geez, how long will it take me to get those leveled up enough to use against the NML players that I'm always up against? Personally, I can't afford to pay hundreds of dollars to upgrade ships.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 9 Nov 2018
  17. Geo Capt Tbag tactical

I agree you should focus on problems that u already have before adding new stuff

18. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This is a spot-on description of the current state of the game. The 4.0 upgrade was a means to slow the sloth-like progress even further, removing all event rewards, increasing training time, increasing ship upgrade time and resources, while giving nothing in return. The core of the problem remains very simple: lack of a progressive rewards system.

PS: Max Captain isn't actually max, it just means months more training with no further progress rewards.

19. S2C

S2C Member

Every time they do something that everyone enjoys, like event rewards, they seem to think they are giving too much stuff away and proceed to strip the rewards down until their back to being useless like every other set of rewards

Jamel H. likes this.
  20. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

Those moves are stunts to bring back player who got demoralized, bored and quitted the game. After some time when they see almost are back they again remove those rewards.