1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions wanted for this Enfo loadout

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by jfcliche, 8 Nov 2018.

1. jfcliche

jfcliche Member

I tried the Enfo a little when I began playing BB, but I quickly abandoned it as I had a hard time figuring out how to drive it properly. Only recently did I come back to it because my guild needed more Enfo players, so I thought : sit down and master that darn yellow Swiss-army knife of a boat already ! And I must say, if you give it a shot, it can be a pretty good boat, and a fun one to play. I just wanna know what more experienced Enfo players think of my main loadout. I came up with it from trial-and-error and I don't remember seeing it used by other players — although admittedly, it may be because I didn't care to look at an Enforcer set-up before. Originality (or lack thereof) aside, here it is :
    LVL 47
    Reds : sniper / sniper / LRM
    Yellows : bubble / bubble / OB
    Blues : Big Shield / turbo
    I play it as a flanker. The idea is to shoot from and try to stay at long range. Bubbles are particularly useful there (mine aren't strong yet, R30 and E30) because long distance weapons don't deal as much damage. So I try to attack from the side or from behind the unfriends. And when some of them get too close, I punch the OB to get away and reposition. So more often than not, I either get a bunch of free shots and/or I draw a couple of unfriends away from the main battle — and hopefully my teammates are aware enough to take advantage of it.
    Thanks for your insights !

2. Epicular

Epicular Well-Known Member

Creator of BayStats
    If that strategy and loadout work well for you, and you feel comfortable playing it, then keep going at it!

That being said, a long-range flanking Enfo loadout is definitely a bit odd. Enfo is known for its abilities to get up closer and be more aggressive, while avoiding damage with its agility and bubbles. Most high-level Enfo loadouts consist of close-combat weapons such as Blast Cannon, Flare Gun, Grenade Launcher, etc. Personally, I run Blast Cannon + Flare Gun + Carronade, which allows for insane DPS in 1-on-1 situations.

That's where I see the biggest weakness in your loadout: 1-on-1. You may be effective at dishing out some damage at a distance, but when you're being aggressively targeted by someone - whether they're a yellow boat or whether you're simply the last one left on your team - you'll be stuck cycling between your two snipers, which don't put out a ton of damage and are no match for most other loadouts that take advantage of fire-cannon damage bonuses.

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. jfcliche

jfcliche Member

Thanks, Epicular ! Yeah, I noticed that short-range trend about Enfos. Eventually, I'll work on a short range set-up as I have a very strong grenade and I am an active member of the Carronade Cult. ;-) But right now my weak bubbles are a hindrance in close combat.
    One vs one situations can indeed be a weakness of my dual sniper + LRM loadout, but it depends which boat attacks me. If it's a shooter or a def, it's usually quite manageable : I just have to use the OB to stay far enough and shoot whenever I can. I did that a couple of times in the past with some success. But if it's another yellow boat with an OB, I'm in trouble.
    Anyway, thanks again for the advice !

4. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Send gameplay

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    And inventory

6. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    I am well aware that enforcers can be extremely hard to hit at long range (playing against and as) and so I suggest you ditch one bubble and put nitro or something instead, as that bubble is more of a liability right now. Otherwise. Use yourself as a meat shield if it really needs to protect your teammates as well.

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I remember a super old player who did something like this.

Of course, his build has been nerfed pretty hard but the core components are the same. Flare for burn assists to teammates, sometimes even running frost instead of TS. He was a ranger for the same reason you are: a weak bubble. Back then, he made NML in a mk5, a feat that enforcers even back in the day would be hard pressed to reproduce.

Also, protip: Having weak bubbles is not really a problem. You can be a single bubble user using nitro, engaging enemies from afar with blast cannons. You just have to be accurate in that case;)

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    He was my inspiration :(

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

He was super strong! Respects to a player I'll probably never have the good fortune of fighting:(

The Otherguy likes this.