1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Count lives used in team events

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Darth Starscream, 7 Nov 2018.

1. Darth Starscream

Darth Starscream New Member

in team events like TDM, the amount of lives used by a player should be shown in the final tally AND be used in calculating amount of tokens received. The current system rewards reckless play, just to quickly score damage regardless of how many times you sink. For example, scores could be scaled to lives used by: contribution points / ((time in 1st life / match time) + (time in 2nd life *2 / match time) + (time in 3rd life*3 / match time) + etc.)

This would be a more realistic measure of contribution. I mean, who cares if you get 50k damage but use up 4 lives for the team

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Agreed. Not conceding a point is as important as taking frags, especially when you see your team 9-9 and you are the weakest target with everyone on your tail. You're instrumental to the win, as integral as that other guy who takes the last killshot, probably even more!

3. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

This could be implemented in a coin bonus. This would be added to your final performance coin score. I think you should get 0 coins if you died more than you killed, +1 coins if you were a wash, and +2 coins if you had a k/d above 1! This is a tricky subject because sometimes as enforcer I die more than others because I have less health or am a huge target to the other team. Same for fixers. But this does not mean we were not doing our part for a win. Hence the bonus would not take away coins but only add to promote less drastic behavior. The bonus would also apply to the losing team too.

Aether_Zero and TheAntiSnipe like this.