1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guild challenge match ups

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Beau, 21 Oct 2018.

1. Beau

Beau Member

Actually your assumptions have gotten you on the wrong track. I don’t expect to be number 1 all the time. So now I understand why you’re going off on this. Where did you get that? I never wrote that or anything remotely similar.

Reorge likes this.
  2. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Actually, I anticipated that response .. in the post you quoted. But, here it is again ...

"Because if it was "fairness" you wanted, you wouldn't come in first every week. It would be "fair" to average between 3rd and 4th place - some weeks in 1st or 2nd and some in 5th or 6th.

If you have a decent questing guild, you should be completing around 60 quests a week (and getting around 150k tokens for those boards) ... so the podium rewards would only be some small fraction of that 150k - or 1 or 2 more spins a week.

And ... that's what you want developers spending their limited time on? A few extra uncommon powercells or perks?"

And here's a little graph showing the tokens for board completion - the part were you earn the vast majority of your tokens ....

20181025_104054.png

Last edited: 25 Oct 2018
  3. Beau

Beau Member

You don’t think a higher power guild can clear more boards?

4. xArrogance

.... than what? A lower ranked guild? ... Sure.

Can a lower ranked guild clear more boards than a higher ranked guild? Yep ... it happens in nearly every rivalry matchup. The rivalry rankings are rarely identical to guild infamy rankings.

If my goal was to win every guild rivalry, I'd make a guild of super-motivated 1-2k infamy players .. like the guild I was in before.

In rivalries, a lower infamy shooter that can win matches with uncommons and rares (for quest multipliers) is far more valuable than a 5k infamy speeder.

Say you have a mortar or big berta quest:

1) Lower infamy shooter using 4 big bertas - 15k damage per win:
    • 15,000 (mortar damage) × 10 (mortar quest multiplier) × 2 (fleet bonus) = 300,000 contributed towards the quest per win ... with ×5 superboosts, that's 1,500,000 contributed per win.

2) NML player using their best fire combo loadout (in order to compete at that level):
    • 20,000 (damage) × 2 (fleet bonus) = 40,000 per win ... or 200k with a 5x bonus.

It takes roughly 7 games for a higher ranking player to do what a lower infamy player can do in 1.

But, couldn't a NML shooter use all mortars ...?

KD9UI.gif
    ** Dramatic reenactment of NML yellow boats spotting a mortar spammer **

Last edited: 27 Oct 2018
    Aether_Zero likes this.
  5. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

lol,
    ok what the matter is every one, changing the guilds while the rivalary ends to new guild or already created old guild. mostly doing by night mares only.
    simply changing guild every 2 wks to get full 42k tokens, its simple logic.
    previously i have said about this issue, but no one bothered, now its in peak stage, all are simply changing guilds for every 2 wks, to claim 42k topkens, so that when they change guild, they get opponents with ranked lower guilds, where we cannot get top 3 defnitly...
    Enjoy...!
    so that only we stopped playing rivalries much. just completing 3 boards and taking lite.
    80% of my guild members never changed guild, win or loss staying in same guild and they lost interest on rivalries, as even after workout not getting tokens.

6. xArrogance

Have you tried doing that ...?

If you make a new guild or join a new guild, you're not eligible for any tokens that week (or two weeks depending on the timing) ..

An easy 42k tokens sounds great.. until you realize you're missing out on 100k+ tokens each week by trying to game the system.

7. Beau

Beau Member

Thank you!

8. Beau

Beau Member

My guild is not trying to find loopholes or game the system at all. We just want it to work the way it is suppose to work. We are getting destroyed by guilds that are.

9. xArrogance

Really? Those guilds in the screenshot are all less than 2 weeks old?

It's possible, I suppose...

But, since you earn most of your tokens from board and quest completion (rather than podium rewards), and you already receive a 1-2 week ban from receiving tokens for switching guilds ... I don't see any incentive or advantage that would come from doing so.

10. Beau

Beau Member

We don’t take a week off ever.

11. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

THINK WISE, you will get the answer (loop hole) u just miss 1 wk token, 1 wk u get full rewards. rather than loosing all the wks and getting just rivalary rewards 5k

12. xArrogance

DO MATH!

Doing your best every week:
    If you're guild is capable of doing 48 per week .. that's 342,000 tokens (without podium rewards) in the three weeks - or let's say add 30,000 for three 3rd place finishes .. so 372,000 tokens.

For 60 quests, it's 450,000 tokens in 3 weeks (without podium rewards) ... or 480k with three 3rd place finishes.

Guild Hopping:
    Let's say you start a new guild every three weeks.
    First week, you do 36 quests (for an easy match next week) and get 1st place, then do 48 quests the 2nd week and get 1st place, then make a new guild the 3rd week (0 rewards). That's 114k + 42k + 81k + 42k + 0 = 279,000

Which one is more?

279,000 or 372,000 / 480,000 ...?

13. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Personally, I dont think they improved the Guild rivalry matchmaking much. They probably did some minor changes and added it in the patch notes to let the people have some hope for improvements. But I don't expect any noticeable difference.

I have tried posting some suggestions which seemed pretty feasible. But some(actually many) people on here rather prefer this current matchmaking system. They like it cuz their guilds are not as competitive as ours are. And if the devs actually improve the guild rivalry matchmaking then the high ranked guilds will be in trouble cuz "improved matchmaking" means guilds with similar strength will start to face each other. In that case they won't be able to act lazy and still win 1st place anymore, they would need to work to earn a decent place every week. And that's probably what they don't want to happen.

Current rivalry matches you up based on the prior two weeks of quests completion. That means e.g. if a #20 global ranked guild without trying hard, has completed just 36 quests for last two weeks/rivalries then those #1000-2000(or even lower ranked) ranked ones who put alot of time and effort in this game and rivalry to manage to reach 36 quests somehow may be put up against them. This matchmaking is far from being balanced/fair. With this you're just disheartening the players that are dedicated to competing in rivalries. Those people who think it's fair are either grossly optimistic or just decide to ignore it as its working out for them.

14. xArrogance

I can see how it seems that way .. because you're right. Higher ranked guilds only doing 36 could kick it up a notch and do more.

But they normally don't ... Why?

For one, the next week would match them with higher questing guilds and they'd end up in 6th place for a few weeks until they go back to their normal matches.

For two (and mainly the reason) .. Because they don't care. The raffle is much more work than it's worth unless there's a particular perk you want. Any reward you'd earn is more easily attained through infamy match rewards (gold/pearls).

So ... Why don't they make the raffle better?

Because if guild rivalry rewards become better than season rewards (which is easy to do), it would decrease the quality of infamy matches (and make it more difficult to create quality, balanced infamy matches) .. Players would start spamming all sorts of nonsense to get the 10x quest multipler.

Likewise, (assuming rewards were better than league rewards) if matching was based on ranking more than number of quests completed, you'd see guilds intentionally lower their ranking by either individually dropping infamy and/or bringing in several 500 infamy players to get easier matches.

You've seen the extent people will go through to seal-club so you shouldn't doubt that's exactly what would happen.

The only way to solve this issue would be to do some form of the idea I had several posts ago.. which would be a helluva revenue raiser for BB .. but isn't something most 48 quest guilds would like.

If you're not a fan of that .. my suggestion is to take the tokens you get from completed quests, be thankful and be quiet about it .. because you're not gonna like what actual fairness looks like.

15. xArrogance

There's a start line and a finish line .. and the same hurdles along the way for each person/guild.

Who wins?

The best .... And, that's fairness.

If you want a handicap AND the same prizes - that's hypocrisy ... and impractical.

You can have one or the other - a handicap or the same prizes as the big dogs. You don't get both .. not if you're fighting under the banner of "fairness."

16. Beau

Beau Member

Agreed! Thank you.

Reorge likes this.
  17. Beau

Beau Member

Doing categories like the leagues are done in may make some sense in this regard.

18. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

No need to point these all out, me and probably most of us are well aware of these things
    I didn't ask it to be any better
    Did I ask for it to be implemented again ? Or its your Another assumption ?
    At this point I doubt you even knew the previous guild rivalry matchmaking was done on the basis of total guild infamy/global rank. Nobody is asking to bring it back so I'm not sure why you're even stating them now.
    It's actually pretty funny how you keep making assumptions on your own like over and over again yet you're the one to tell people to be "quiet" cuz their opinions don't match yours.

I'm a member of this game and community. I have the rights to express my feelings and opinions on this game and I'll do it, without any hesitation. If you're so entitled to your opinions then maybe try not to involve yourself in such debates.
    So a #20 ranked guild with all lvl50 players is "The best" because they won against the #900-1000 ranked ones with all lvl10-35 players ? That's your logic ? umm savage. Pure delusion and ignorance, point blank.

Beau likes this.
  19. xArrogance

Wow, someone got triggered ... lol

But .... I'm thinking you read the words out of context and misread the tone..

1) My first sentence was the response to your post.
    The rest was from an informational write up that I was working on but didn't finish. I wrote it long before I saw your post .... feeling silly yet?

2) I don't make things seem like facts when they're not, and any assumption made has been explained fully, backed up with experience and even a screenshot.

Feel free to disagree with any part of it. I'd love to see someone try to make the argument that a 1000 infamy shooter spamming quest weapons (for a ×10 multiplier) would contribute less than a 5k speeder in the same number of matches.

3) Is the chopped up quote about fairness where you stopped reading? .. because then it would make sense how you got so confused

4) Again .. taking things out of context .. I never said you should be quiet or not express your opinion.

I was simply saying that throwing a fit about a rival matches isn't likely to lead to what the complainers are hoping for ..

** I'm sure you've stopped reading by now .. but for everyone else **

It is highly unlikely that a change in rivalry matchmaking would revert to the original failed system (where guilds were matched #1-6, #7-12 ... #600-606, etc.) when very few had to buy boosts to win every week.

It is more likely that they would create guild leagues or assign rewards based on your guild's global ranking for number of quests completed - to encourage fairness and boost purchases.

In either of these cases, the ones complaining are likely to receive far fewer token rewards compared to the top rivalry leagues or questing guilds.

So I was merely suggesting that bringing attention to the current system (that gives a guild a chance at earning the same podium rewards for doing 12 quests as it does for another doing 248 quests) might not be in their best interest.

20. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Well usually that's how I react to veiled comments so
    Lmao sorry now I realise, obviously you didnot have 2 spare minutes to make a separate comment: D
    to be precise I was stating more of those as assumptions(which is not the first time I'm seeing you doing it)but anyways

or maybe they really want a fair and balanced mm ? How would you know ? Assuming and saying they want easy wins every week and they won't be happy even if it gets balanced is more like insulting them.

another asum.. nvm xD
    IMG_20181028_133229.jpg uh is that what you meant ? Current ship stats say Shooter is the most used ship in nightmare league, and I assume, it's probably the most used ship in the entire game as well.
    Why would you compare a 1k infamy shooter with a 5k infamy "speeder" anyway? Because people in nightmare are more yellow mains ?(which I don't believe btw) The bay ship stats say Shooter is the most used ship in nml. So that means that alot of yellow mains would switch to shooter for the sake of questing.
    A 1k infamy shooter would have very less item training completed and would have health something between 2k-7k. On the other hand we have nightmare shooters having almost all item training completed and health between 8k-13k(or maybe even more). Even Speeders have over 7k.
    ofcourse nightmare players tend to deal a lot more dmg compared to 1k infamy players. So T-Shields absorbing dmg is enough to equal a nightmare player's overall dmg to a 1k infamy's dmg ? Ok let's all agree to disagree. But looking at it from your perspective, it's more like an overused item(t-shield) issue.
    IMG_20181028_034159.jpg This is the ship stats I saw when I checked the bay stats like 10 hrs ago. So judging by the stats fixer is the second most used ship in nightmare. You forgot to count the fixer heals ? Dont try to pretend now that fixers healing is not more than enough to make up for the dmg absorption done by t-shields.

Last edited: 28 Oct 2018
    Beau likes this.