1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Initial impressions of infamy(ranked) gameplay post 4.0 update

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BattleRascal, 25 Oct 2018.

1. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

"Customers" implying you spend money on their product ... most don't.

There will be balance changes in the future but this was a necessary first step.

2. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I haven’t had much time to play ranked since the update and so I haven’t had a chance to reach my own conclusion about whether matches are shorter than before.
    However, if it is happening I would have thought that shorter matches would be beneficial as you can gain more gold/sugar per minute than you could before.

3. xArrogance

Infamy matches are less about gold farming and more about ... gaining infamy ... or prestige.

So I get it.

My gold stores are full (negating the last benefit on my VIP sub) so shorter matches haven't been bad .. but there's going to need to be some balance changes at some point.

Otherwise, you'll have more long-range shooters keeping their distance vs yellow boats and their short-range dominance .. with fixers caught in the middle.

4. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

One thing I am confused about is exactly which ships (if any) have been the winners and losers from the update.
    I've read posts from users of all ships saying they lost out.

xArrogance likes this.
  5. xArrogance

There are a lot of good points in there .. but my experience is quite different in NML.

Hopefully this update will bring those differences closer together .. but, I'm curious, what infamy range are you talking about?

6. xArrogance

Defenders are the uncontested losers.. they lost all defense while all weapons are more powerful with a minimal HP gain as compensation.

As far as winners go ..

Yellow ships lost far less defense than larger ships, so that's a huge plus. And shooters had the most conflicts with their HP, so they have more variety now.

Enforcers are crazy powerful now .. but that's caused shooters to go into more long-range setups to avoid getting getting insta-killed (i.e., bad for enfos).

... but on the whole, I'd say the BB community is a huge winner. There will be balance changes in the future obviously, but, for now, we at least have the ability to play each ship and each item to its potential.

The single largest issue with BB is officially a thing of the past.

7. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

I'm forced to go long range setup on my defender now. Yellow boats rule the frontline, defenders get their asses handed to them if they try to contest in a brawl. So the only option for defenders are to join the ranks of shooters and spam firebombs and snipers, and surprisingly it works pretty well with double bandage.

8. The Skywolf

The Skywolf Member

I am mainly a fixer too, and since i played ranked battles again, the matchmaking somehow forced me down, I was always on the loosing team, regardless of how well I played. After loosing 800 infamy it seems to have stabilized; although i think it was due to my boat being lower level than thr othrrs in ace 2, which didntd make a difference back before 4.0 ( i was a mk5 fixer).

However, itsi true that fixers now got hard times, if the team doesn't protect you, itsi over, and even your tape (I only run one) cantc save me or recover from ONE cannon shot; now imagine you are the main target and get constantly hammered at, do you stand a chance?

I didntd, and while it is easier to grind the legendary healing items, i do believe that fixers really lost out this update.

I also had to get used to the 6 active icons on the screen, and another weapon was nice though.

9. The Skywolf

The Skywolf Member

I wouldn't say so, throughout the event i was losing a lot of the matches yet being the highest contributor in terms of heals when running a fixer, or damage when using the shooter

10. xArrogance

Nvm then

11. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Can you please use a dictionary/ Google Translate, and translate this to English? Then will normal people understand this too:)

Nikkie

12. Ghost Evil

Ghost Evil New Member

In designer issue I did not like it because all the ships were mk6 !!! I think the boats full of getting the most aggressive look

13. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Okay, thank you:)

14. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

That is not how percentages work. A 10% buff for three weapons, is not a 30% buff to total damage, it’s still a 10% buff.

For example, if I have three cannons that do 400 damage each, that is 1200 damage total. If I increase the damage by 10% then they would do 440 damage each, that is 1320 total, which is 1200+120 (or 1200+10%).

Even if we mix it up so that our three cannons do different damage, such as 500, 400, and 300. We increase the damage by 10%, so that it’s 550, 440, and 330 respectively. That is still exactly 1320.

If a ship had 1200 hp before, and it received a 10% hp buff, then it would have 1320 hp: enough to withstand exactly the same number of shots as before, regardless of how many weapons are involved.

15. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Then there is no change?? Why this thread exists then.

16. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Tbh with them having less health, they are getting more skilled. Shooter with 5 weapons arent as effective with weapons as a speeder or enforcer. Shooters miss a lot. And now 18k defenders have so much hp that they r starting to think that they can take on multiple people at once which ends up with them dead. Also it seems that enfos and speeders run back to their fixer to get healed, while shooters and defenders ( even with most people maxing out their speed, even with tier 3 epics) makes the fixer chase after them to pulse and that just causes the low HP fixer to die. And that just makes u lose.

17. Catcat

Catcat Member

Nope. Fixer team is still op.

18. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Starting? That has always been the problem with most Defender strategy.