1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you want to see in the next update?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Djradnad, 27 Oct 2018.

?

Which of these peak your interest?

1. Gatling gun quests/guild quests

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Interceptor/(reaper?) quests/guild quests

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Achievements for blue and yellow items

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
  4. Achievements for medals

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. New map

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
  6. New item(s)

14 vote(s)
    33.3%
  7. New event game mode

23 vote(s)
    54.8%
  8. Item/ship balancing

21 vote(s)
    50.0%
  9. Changes to matchmaking rewards and nightmare reset or a new NML1-2-3

15 vote(s)
    35.7%
  10. Changes to the matchmaking algorithms

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

We just had the big 4.0 update and yet I still feel like there are a lot of things to come; here I will make my first poll and also mention the things I already EXPECT to see coming soon.

The things that I expect to be coming soon will be left out of the poll, but if you guys say to put it in the poll I will, as well as any ideas that you would like to see.

Here are the things I expect:
    New ship: (The reaper as leaked in reddit) I expect we will see an image and a follow up peekaview about a week in advance of its release as well as an event for the ship.

New event and event perks: we should be seeing this very soon and before the next ship and ship piece event. (Unsure whether we will see parts and pieces available, but given the timeline of battle bay, most games make rewards easier to get the longer the game is released so I think it would be a step back if they removed parts and pieces from event rewards altogether.)

Past this we get into the area of which I would expect another actually update, and that is where the poll comes in.. I will limit the number of votes to 5 of the 10 to have a better idea of what you want rather than just seeing all of them chosen lol

If you select either of the bottom 2 please specify, (currently the bottom 2 relate to matchmaking but if someone makes a better option I will change these as I don’t really want them and this is the maximum number of poll options)

P.S. I know someone made a similar poll in the past.
    P.P.S. Please don’t post troll ideas or arguing on which things need balanced.

Last edited: 27 Oct 2018
  2. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Nice thread.
    As one of my choices I selected the improvement to NML, on the basis that something needs to be done to make it competitive and give all NML players a reason to push their infamy as high as possible.

3. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

A defender buff, just give it more torque and acceleration. In the lastest update, weapons have become too powerful while the hp increase isn't enough to compensate. As a result I've noticed shorter match times, and defender can't brawl in the frontlines because they just get melted faster than ever.

RACK STAR likes this.
  4. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

First off, there is nothing wrong with matchmaking ... there is an issue with players' impressions of matchmaking.

** Give the devs credit for fixing seal clubbing - even if that means you have more difficult matches now **

But, back to the topic ...

I assume we'll see new ships and items, as promised.

I hope to see some balance changes and reliability improvements. I would like some well thought out changes in:
    • the fire/frost damage calculations (and some other item balance changes),
    • extending nitro duration (×3) while reducing the explosive acceleration by the same factor to reduce the number of unregistered hits,
    • increasing the size of hit boxes beyond the dimension of ships to further reduce unregistered hits,
    • increasing agility on larger ships so they have a chance at dodging long range shots again (making skill more of a factor) while also making the game more enjoyable for those players, and
    • better NML rewards (or a completely different system) ...

However, I need to see.. some item progression again (preferably scaled based player level to avoid wrecking early game progression again).

Yes, the event item pieces were taken advantage of before, but they kept me interested in the game - because I was still progressing.

So, either they need to bring back the old event rewards and a new rarity level (mythics!) for the whales that want early access ..

Or, put a limit on how many legendary pieces you can earn per event.

5. Exploxion

Exploxion Member

I expect a PvE content, like a new event where a team of 8 ships fighting against a big giant ship. Battle Bay now is just pure PvP though

HAPPY SITHSHA and Djradnad like this.
  6. :Beardman:

:Beardman: Active Member

A different boat with different pieces, And a shop to slowly build the pieces over time. When using gold or sugar to buy spaces to build the pieces, Then, After you get 10k. Can build the ship or slowely upgrade it.
    But will only be able to build a certian amount of pieces at once.

And pearls to speed up the time.

7. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Yeah some kinda story mode. Maybe like fortnite save the world lol

Djradnad likes this.
  8. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Well, Legendary items are a lot less special now. So unless they're giving out full epic items, no one will care about pushing infamy because legendary pieces are simply not worth it anymore.

9. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

When you enter a new league you open up a new map. Which makes progressing interesting and we have something new to look forward to.

Also a league on top of Nightmare as I mentioned before called the 'Elite corps'

Regards,
    Flint

Djradnad likes this.
  10. Djradnad

Thanks everyone that voted so far, and I love the comments!

Here are some of my favorite comments, plus some other things I would like to see some attention given to.

If another NML was added I definitely think I would play more competitively, but I also have enjoyed getting to play around with different setups after getting to NML which I wouldn’t do if I had to be competitive constantly.

A PvE game mode would be awesome! I would even like to see some story lines for the captains to get to know them better :) always something I felt was missing.

I have thousands of uncommon and common powercells that I may never use, I think this could use some attention.

The captain badge that is leveled up with season points is another thing that I think could use attention, perhaps it could be used as a multiplier for event rewards? Sure would make it easier to get the interceptor leveled up to lvl 50 with my other ships.

Last edited: 27 Oct 2018
  11. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Something not on the poll...
    I'd like to see and update that doesn't render certain devices as obsolete and maybe even make the game playable on certain devices again.
    Every update seems to add something that causes performance issues and I think it deserves some attention.

12. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    I did the p.s. before 3.0 I think

Djradnad likes this.
  13. Djradnad

Yes, the devs are always working on hotfixes for all devices I didn’t feel a need to include this in the poll.

Also I would like to mention that the idea of a story line pve mode I mentioned in my last post is a very large idea so I won’t include that either (although I would definitely like it)

I also just remembered something I feel is important... 5man fleets! Ever since the first time I picked up battle bay Ihave been frustrated by the option to only have 2man fleets, I understand that they may be overpowered but I don’t see why we can’t have them in events or why we can’t fleet with players with very different infamy in events. When new players join the game from a friends referral they may not be able to ever get to the infamy to play with their friends and they may quit playing. Custom battles are cool and the toobers have setup great events but I think there should also be options to play custom ctf and other game modes. I wasn’t entirely sure how to put these ideas in the poll because without reading this long explaination you may not understand that option in the poll.

Any small “adjusting the sails” ideas for options in setting I also felt weren’t worth putting in the poll.

Thanks for making that poll, I love good polls :)

KINGIVANOV likes this.
  14. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

What I was getting at was that they are fixing things after the fact. Id prefer they take extra time to properly vet their updates before release so the update goes smoothly for all players.
    I do understand that sometimes they need to get the update into circulation before they know that there is something wrong with it.
    That being said, there are issues still present over the course of a few updates that have gotten persistantly worse after each subsequent update. All I'm asking is that they analyze and fix the known issues before breaking something else...

Scourge Argaen, Flint and Djradnad like this.
  15. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Considering we've just had quite a major update, the next should look at bug fixing and balancing of ships to improve the experience with what we have as of now.

Flint, JoshW and Epekka like this.
  16. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Agreed with both JoshW and Scourge Argaen. First the bugs and other problems should be fixed. If they are not addressed now, the problems will get worse and harder to fix the longer they are ignored.

Scourge Argaen and JoshW like this.
  17. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I just posted this in Adjusting the Sails but I'll put it here too.

A third page in the after action report that tracks your personal quests, selected guild quests, and you can select one achievement to track.

18. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Undo of update 3.2:)

19. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I just want to be able to level up my Interceptor so I can use it. The boat is currently DOA.

Stelmo likes this.
  20. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Also I would like to see a seperate counter for battle won in the events, which is not hard to make. Then you can see what battles you are better in.

Djradnad likes this.