1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Turret blindspot

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by FearsomeChicken, 24 Oct 2018.

1. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

After this update, I noticed that ships can no longer fire at point blank range. I main a defender and I can no longer fire at speeders who are right next to me (speeders know this and abuse it in ctf event), the turret just won't aim down, but instead has a minimum range of 2-3. I'm not the only one, my guildmates are also complaining about it. Is this supposed to be a bug or a feature?

2. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    As a speeder, the aiming doesn't stay put in close range.

3. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

This has been a minor issue for several updates, but it has become most pronounced in this latest update.

Defender can't shoot a shorter ship within a small radius when the ship is on an even or lower plane as the defender. My ability to shoot a ship shouldn't be predicated on the inability of the turret to aim down.

It is significantly annoying to hold the fire button watching the projected path arc over the enemy while waiting for the opportunity when the enemy rises on a wave to actually fire. I've had to hold fire for upwards of 5-7 seconds as some players seem to recognize this blindspot and try to live in it.

4. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

This update has certainly the aiming somewhat, most noticeable with all cannons and carronade.

I also find that my grenade seems to want to hit the waves in front of me and I believe that is from the update.

I also realize that I received some extra range on my weapons due to not needing the training I was missing before and this may be a minor factor for some of my aiming but something I’ve already adjusted to and highly doubt it has anything to do with the aiming issues mentioned above.

Intentional or not, I never read anything about these aiming changes or why they were made.

5. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

The same. When I lock onto a target that's next to me it struggles to shoot them and regularly misses. This is the same for shooting ships at a higher / lower gradient. Though I can lock onto the target, it'll just shoot into the wave though manually, I can raise the cross hair to them or above them.

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  6. Taevion0

Taevion0 Member

https://replay.battlebay.net/ZWMQFSKK#YYRVGXNB

Near the end of the match when its 5 v 2, I was trying to shoot the only enemy shooter near point blank range with sniper and the game decided to make the bullet fly over the enemy instead even tho I waited for the crosshair to "auto aim" itself and was directly pointing at the boat before firing. I missed 2 or 3 times. This nvr happened before but now frequently occurs when the enemy is on a wave below me at close range.

Is this working as intended? I rarely use sniper so is this new?

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  7. MrTheory

MrTheory Member

Same for shooters. Up-close aiming is terrible.