1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of the Carronade ?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by FirnenAhead, 22 Oct 2018.

1. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Update 4.0 has brought some good changes to the bay. One of my favorites is the removal of Ship's base defense points. This means a huge buff to Carronade. I'm suspecting we Carro lovers will get a place in the meta in the next few weeks.
    Any thoughts about this?

Here's a video I recorded in CTF in which I dealt 72k damage. Just take a look at how destructive Carronade has become

I'm playing ranked matches irregularly for now, but once the event is over I'll have some great material to show u guys some destruction :rolleyes:

2. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

3. FirnenAhead

4. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Yep, seen a increase in carronade in events. I really wish I didn’t scap 5 rare carronades because they conflicted with my speeder :(

FirnenAhead likes this.
  5. jfcliche

jfcliche Member

I think carronade did receive a boost from the removal of base defense (which I won't complain about, being a happy user myself), but the fact all the ships now have max agility makes the turret's slowing effect essentially useless. I used to totally abuse that feature in 1 vs 1 events, but I guess I'll have to find something else now. ;-)
    Another effect of the base defense being zero for all the sips is that the defense perks are now *totally* useless. Before, if you could have, say, 3 epic equipped on a shield, it could make a difference for a Defender — deducting 80 instead of 50 dmg was big when you were up against a carro or standard cannon user. Now it's only good for trash.

FirnenAhead likes this.
  6. Clarsach

Clarsach Member

I love my Carro. Primary weapon on Speeder and my speedy Enfo. I was sad when turret speed and agility got bumped for all because I couldn’t dance around anymore. Like someone said, turret slowing is no longer that useful. This newest update buffs the Carro enough to make it useful again. Strategy for use is different— more high speed strafe runs then spinning around. But with a Tesla sheiks or bolt to cover you on approach, can be very deadly

FirnenAhead likes this.
  7. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

After the update i started to use my carro again. :)

BattleRascal and FirnenAhead like this.
  8. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Yeah they r good. But only if u use 1. In normal ranked matches, using 2 wastes your long-range potential as you wouldnt be fighting short-range all the time.

9. FirnenAhead

yeah IK. I've always wanted to try double carro speeder though so I guess this is the best time to do it

vis1234567899 and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Carronade is crazy in the event. Many times I get hammered by a Carronade once every 2 seconds, not only taking damage, and slowing my turret's ability to turn to defend myself, but most importantly for a CTF event, it slows my boat to a crawl as if I was frosted. Afterwords I could only find a single Carronade on the boat... so I haven't a clue how they are shooting so frequently.

This event has also shown me what a T5E Frost weapon and a T5E Tesla Bolt does... it's not fun being completely useless for 20+ seconds.

wcc634 and vis1234567899 like this.