1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do speeders have to suffer at every single major update?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Blitz, 20 Oct 2018.

1. Blitz

Blitz Member

I know the devs don't give a s**t, but I don't have anywhere else to complain about it.
    During the last update, the speeder agility nerf played pretty bad on us. We are supposed to super agile to dodge attacks and do the hit-and-run.
    Since no other measures have been taken. I get that the devs want to f*** speeder players.
    I am sorry about the language here but I can't help. I have been doing fine and maintaining 1800~1900s infamy until the update for a quite long time now. For 2~3 seasons. So at least a month.
    Now I am at 1400s.

Let me state the freaking problems here.
    Speeders have more HP now. That's just great. But what about other ships? Oh, they got the buff too.
    The problem here is that we have only 2 freaking red weapon slots.

I use a legendary blast cannon lv1 and epic big torpoedo lv40. I think my weapons aren't bad at all. On the oher hand, the game is becoming harder and harder.... The dev team increased the damage of all weapons but we are just out-numbered.

At my level, defenders with good items had about 7k ~ 10k HPs, if I recall correctly.
    Now, everyone has about that much health. The defender's HP got almost doubled.
    Even my lv15 defender has 98k HP if I equip all the shields I have.

Plus, while my speeder is at lv39, I am matched up with lv47 ships.
    I stay behind and shoot torpedos but even so I am just a bull's eye.

I get that the game is about team play and I am not the one who has to take down all the opponents.
    But is it really worth having speeder at all in this game???

I am guessing that the recent updates are aimed to attract new players into the game but you don't have any intention on keeping the old players, do you, Batte Bay team?
    After all the time that I have spent in the game, I am not going to lie that it's not my second time that I had my doubts but I think this might be the seriously the time to quit.
    Don't give me "play shooter or defender or enforcer from now on". I haven't trained any of them nor that I enjoy playing them.

Now, if I drop 200 more infamies, will I have to play without any reward? That's the moment where I am done with this game FOREVER.

Last edited: 20 Oct 2018
  2. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

You might want to try out the interceptor then, its basically a speeder with 4 weapons, and higher hp. Hit and run style with nitro works very well.

Fluid Bait and Sidd gamer like this.
  3. Leuco

Leuco Active Member

There are plenty of Speeders in top 50 global, so I think Speeders are doing just fine

Terry Morgan and FixerForever like this.
  4. Blitz

Blitz Member

That 50 euros worth ship? Lol.... How long will I need to train that ship to use like now? It's not like lv1 ships are matched with lv1 ships?
    I told you not to give me that kind of worthless advice, with all due respect, sir, you are just making me even more angry.

5. Blitz

Blitz Member

I am speechless if you say so but in my defence, my weapons aren't as much as good as theirs. I guess they are matched up with ships of their own size but I am not.
    I am matched with ships with higher levels. This was fine until this update but after this update, the difference between higher tier ships and lower tier ships have become too big. At least that's how I feel.

6. FearsomeChicken

Lol, its up to you how you wanna take it. I'm proposing the best solution for you currently. Others won't be as kind and just tell you to 'gidgud'. And I got the ship through the event completely f2p, no one has to spend 50 euros if u grind it out now.

7. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Because we all love Speeders, that'is why.

8. Blitz

Blitz Member

Well, I didn't want to mention it here because I wanted to stick with the topic but what the hell is with the damn event, huh?
    The endless grinding just tires me out. The number of coins that I have to gather is just.... No one is fond of the event, do you get that, no?
    We haven't even tried out the new ship yet and we will have to let it rotten in the ship yard if we don't like it.
    Yet is it worth to spend that much time and effort on the event? This is just utterly wrong...

9. FearsomeChicken

It sucks i know, but its a premium ship hidden behind a paywall. I spent 2 days to grind out the interceptor with my defender, you can do it with another 4+ days left. You'll roughly need 1,000 coins to unlock the ship, use your speeder to earn the coins. Rovio will certainly add more ways to earn the pieces after the event, it will be slower than now but you can then continue to upgrade it.

10. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Wow, I have not seen such a high HP even on the defender of @American Marauder! :eek::eek:

Ultrah likes this.
  11. Blitz

Blitz Member

lol. I didn't add a floating point between 9 and 8. Nice catch lol...

What's Up Player likes this.
  12. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

What do you mean defenders got almost double hp? My defender went up from 14.2k to only 18.7k, which isn't even close to double hp. Defenders getting double hp is an exaggeration.

And facing higher people happens to everyone who's above average skill level. Just deal with it and move on. If you're fighting them, it means you're good enough to be there.

13. Blitz

Blitz Member

I am guessing that your level was above 40? I may have exaggerated a bit, but certainly HP went up a lot in general.

I agree with you but I maintained 1900 infamy for a month. And suddenly after the update, it plummeted. Is it so weird to blame the update? Maybe it was a coincidence but I upgraded my big torpedo to lv 40 just RECENTLY. Last satuday or this monday. Would still make the claim that I wasn't good enough for my original infamy? Battle bay isn't maybe all about powerful weapons but they do have large impact on the game. I am very offended by your claim. I repeatedly wrote and erased what I wanted to say to offend you in the same manner. Please think before you write. I may be whinning but it isn't at all without any cause.

14. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I wasn't trying to offend you. I was saying that you are good at the game, if I offended you in any way, I'm sorry.

15. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out thereā€¦? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    Actually, as a Speeder around your Infamy, I'm loving this event.
    It presents a really interesting challenge, and it's a break from al the shoot-em-up gamemodes.
    I'm sorry you're having trouble, but it's very possible that the trouble you're having reflects more your ability with this gamemode than the gamemode's overall quality.
    (I'd like to add that I'm not saying anything about your skill in this game, just that it's not fair to dismiss the gamemode and say everyone hates it just because you're not enjoying it yourself.)
    As for the update itself, I'm not sure yet if I like it. But nothing I've seen so fare has struck me as anti-Speeder.
    The attached pictures show how powerful Speeders are in this event.

Attached Files:

16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I'm shocked.
    1400 with that gear? You need to step up your game, mate.
    I've played that same exact build in Ace 2 about 3 weeks ago on a friend's device. You need to learn more about torping on a speeder if you simply stay back.

Speeders are relentless. They get in peoples' faces, they exploit blind spots. Most importantly, they're reckless to a fault.

Let us say (hypothetically) that I was this guy #Beast_Hunter who is in the second part of this reel, playing as a speeder:

Hypothetically, of course. You see how I play that speeder? I flick my shot at the opponent, firing the torpedo just so. But I don't flit out. See, the biggest blind spot for a player is that time when they have a clear shot on their opponent. You know the other big blind spot? An area you think you're in control of. That was something I exhibited in that second reel.

Of course, this is all hypothetical... There's no way I could be beast hunter, eh?:D

There's also no way... Oh wait.

ofc I'm joking... Or am I?

What's Up Player likes this.
  17. fR0x

fR0x New Member

I'm a main Speeder since I started to play, at the moment I'm stable at 3.2+ infamy but I think I could be a little higher if I tried.

Anyway, I have some suggestions for you (even though I don't know your playstyle):

1 - You have to be a smart player. How so?
    Well, you need to know your combo damage, for exemple:
    You said that you're using a bigtorp+bc combo, I particularly don't think this is the best combo for a Speeder, but if you're adapted to it, so use it but remember to know exactly how much damage it does.
    So when you see someone that's far away from the rest of the enemy team AND with the low hp, you will ensure the kill.

2 - Never stay in a fight for so long;
    That may sound obvious, but I need to say.
    Even when that enemy Fixer is distant from the rest of the enemies, keep fighting forever with him ain't the best choice, cause maybe (probably) your teammates need you. So just apply your combo and RUN.

3 - Stay tuned to the map;
    Again obvious, but it's very important. Try not to stay "lost in the bay".

And last but not least: don't be a KAMIKAZE Speeder.

About the update you have two choices here: adapt or suffer...
    With the new turret speed and ship agility you can no more do the "ghost dance" (hit and stay in the shadow), but there's much more than that to do as a Speeder.

Complaining about updates without even trying to get something good, unfortunately will not help you.
    Speeder has a low life compared to other boats because they are not the tanks of the game.
    And I know the matchmaking is not perfect, your teammates are not perfect, and guess what: you're not either.

"But is it really worth having speeder at all in this game???"
    Me: Yes, totally...

Please do not feel offended by what I wrote, just wanted to help you in some way.

Best regards,

fR0x.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. Blitz

Blitz Member

No, I do probably exactly the same thing as you do in the videos. During the first 30 seconds, I shoot torpedos towards the most probable enemy locations and then I charge towards the enemy without no visual. Shooting again, then I run back towards the team, hiding, hitting, running. I don't know how you play entirely because your video shows multiple battles with different ships.
    But I am not satisfied with my current state either.

19. Blitz

Blitz Member

Thank you this is really constructive reply. I will take account into this. I just want to alert the devs. I just wanted more support from my fellow speeders so that even if there is only a little chance to make some changes...

20. Blitz

Blitz Member

I am sorry... I am getting too emotional... I am so sorry that I used such an aggressive tone... I just got angry at the update. I move an inch from where I begin in the wayward pain map, I get targeted and shoot down immediately and I saw your reply... The blood rushed to my head and heart. Sorry...