1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 4.0 "Ships Ahoy!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 18 Oct 2018.

1. Smag

Smag Member

Um shield defense was decreased 100% on every ship, only defense is from perks.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  2. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Can't agree more. I'm loving the direction this game is going now. Ofcourse it's not perfect but it's much better than before

3. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

But does anyone else also think that removing the different appearance of ships(based on its level) a really bad decision ?

4. One Winged Angel

One Winged Angel New Member

Everything seems to cost far more gold and sugar now yet it hasn't become any easier to get... Hopefully this is something that will be looked into.

5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s a ‘really bad’ decision. I’m a bit sad to see them go, because they were awesome. But I guess they’ve gone to make way for something better, which is good. Hopefully, they’ll find their way back some day as premium skins or something.

6. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

With the comparisons to fortnight and pubg along with the frequent demand by the community for skins it is very likely we will be getting them. Why else would they throw out so much work by the design team?
    By skins I mean paint jobs... most likely the shape of the ships will not change

7. Mr'Nobody

Mr'Nobody New Member

I think you have not read my post correctly. I did not say that I wanted the game to be just as difficult for them as it was for us, on the contrary!

to read you, rovio should put all the players at the same level. we would not need to really fight to win and we will play this game only for the pleasure of killing boats or to spend the time .. candy crush bay comming soon ^^.

the true value of a game is its diversity, its difficulty and its strategy, I think.

We paid for something that has lost value, it's not a scam but it's not very pretty.

as I said: infamy, gs and boat level used for matchmaking. linearize the increase in damage. it is the solution.

TinCanSon likes this.
  8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

It all depends on where you were pre update. If you were mk6 or higher you probably didn't see much of a change. The mk1-5 got a huge buff to hp with the additional slots provided they had items to put in them.
    Regarding defence.. It was pretty useless before the update at high levels, 67 damage taken off of 1000+ isn't very noticeble.
    Remember, your weapons got the same buff so you are also dealing out a lot more damage than you were before. I think the point was to try and speed up gameplay as mentioned in the agility update notes.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Everything loses value eventually. In mobile gaming it’s almost inevitable. Ultimately, everything in the game is free, if you spend enough time. People who paid a lot of money, only paid to get there first.

They tried matching people by gear for months, and the situation just got worse, and was being constantly manipulated and abused.

Closing the power gap is a much better idea, and much more welcoming for new players. But the top players are still very much at the top, and I don’t see that changing, just because the lower leagues got a buff.

10. TinCanSon

TinCanSon New Member

I *was* Mk 6 before the update. As I said, I saw only a 21% increase in my total armor -- I'd be curious what overall increase other boats are seeing -- not the 300% base, but their total increase after everything is said and done. Defense wasn't a priority before, but every little bit counts, and that was a huge drop. My weapons ARE more powerful, I'll give you that, but since I only have 3, that's mitigated. And I don't have data on speed changes for other boats. It would be interesting to compare stats from other captains with Lvl 47 boats -- what their final % increase is in health, damage capability, and speed is. All I know is my own observation -- since the update my W-L record has tanked, I'm dying more often and sooner, and getting fewer kills before it happens -- and my style of play hasn't changed. If they want to speed game play up, that's their choice. But If it becomes apparent that that means I'll no longer be able enjoy playing the one boat I have enjoyed, been somewhat successful in and put a lot of time and money into, then I see no reason to waste that time and money any further.

11. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Long expected, fill a noticeable gap
    Makes it too easy imho
    I am SUPER torn over this. On the one hand, you have many benifits from this, but on the other, I just can't get my head around MK6 SLOTS AT CAPTAIN LVL 1? WHAT!?

Good good
    I'mma fan

Okay I guess, Android here

... okay, thanks
    Like I said earlier, 2 EZ M8
    Okay, I guess
    If you do ship lvls you kindof need this, so thats fine.
    I'll have to see about this

Huh. Idk
    Good
    Thanks for the chart btw, always nice to be able to visualize things.

Only fair

k
    :(
    k
    Why?

All good.

Overall, huge update, will take quite some time to get used to, but not bad.

Last edited: 20 Oct 2018
    StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  12. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Hey man. Are you back on the bay? I thought I heard you scrapped all your items?

13. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

GS matchmaking was never fully attempted, literally. From the first event onward the biggest complaint was, and still is, the disparity of Gear Score in matches. Instead of making Gear Score better they added a mysterious Power Score to secretly adjust Gear Score, yet to this day I still find myself regularly facing players with 1500-4500 Gear Score higher, who not coincidentally, are 1000-2500 Infamy higher. That's Rovio's doing, not players.

14. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Hopefully

15. Dr.pie

Dr.pie Member

Makes it even worse

TinCanSon likes this.
  16. Hobiecat

Hobiecat New Member

AF8C999A-9EAB-4EF0-9B50-264862285C29.png I use an IPad, and the scale is way off. Looks zoomed in, and cannot access any controls during battle.

17. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Yup, scrapped everything.

18. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Finally got the Interceptor :cool: It's an awesome ship. I might never go back to shooter. :D
    Screenshot_20181020-192044.jpg

BTW, is this a good setup for the Interceptor?
    Screenshot_20181020-193023__01.jpg

StrictSalmon307 and Vigoorian like this.
  19. Vigoorian

Vigoorian New Member

Exactly the defender nerf 4.0 :( base point defense in defender return pls

20. Rogue Blueberry

Rogue Blueberry Well-Known Member

Some fan art for the new ship
    Police intercepter.png