1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 4.0 "Ships Ahoy!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 18 Oct 2018.

1. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

It's also a big buff for std cannon. Previously around 5-10% of its damage got taken away by defense. I as a defender don't miss defense at all, I welcome the shield hp buff instead.

2. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

it's intentional - defense comes from items only

ShipCrusherCz, Reorge, #CK and 2 others like this.
  3. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Can somebody tell what happens when the interceptor ctf event ends? In my opinion it's crucial that we could upgrade our ships at any time without being limited by limited-time events. This isn't event perk which is understandably available for limited-time only - this is a ship, we need to be able to upgrade it without restrictions.

I don't mind it being hard to get the pieces, I just want to be able to continously grind it until I have achieved my goals.

4. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

They will certainly make it grindable after this event, either through normal ladder matches, star crates, or available in the shop for pearls.

5. magician

magician New Member

It's my imagination or everything is more expensive, especially the ships?

6. Jayvee

Jayvee New Member

I don't see why the aesthetic of the ships had to change if there are still levels to them the correspond to ship mks

Smag likes this.
  7. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

There is speculation from players that uniform ship shape allows for skins.

8. Yakima

Yakima New Member

With each update,you are more and more killing the desire to play..In my guild 25 people,10 of them were waiting fot the ship mk7,with its maneuverability and desing...now this people are unhappy and refuse to play...Many thanks to you for doing getting worse and worse with every update.Disregard Cpt.Yakima((From Ukraine with love.

9. Yakima

Yakima New Member

What happened to the desing of the ship category mk7 and will he return?

10. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Doubtful in my opinion. It's nice to have hope that by making all ships only have one design will make it easier for the developers to create skins in a future update.
    This also likely helps the developers cut costs. As per the Update Video, there are more ships coming our way, and it is a lot simpler to create ONE ship design for all levels of ship, rather than have to create 7 different ship designs like before.

#CK likes this.
  11. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Just a thought... Weapon achievements are now a h*ll of a lot easier to complete ;)

ShipCrusherCz, TheAntiSnipe and #CK like this.
  12. Mr'Nobody

Mr'Nobody New Member

Hi :)

-S- I'Preen lvl50

I give my opinion on the patch 4.0. a little summary of the reviews in my guild. hoping to be as objective as possible.

the new design is top.

interceptor: good job :)

Carronade and Gun Gatling are playable now. good news.

we want to recover the mk7 design for levels 48, 49 and 50. Or for all levels.

the majority seems to appreciate the new mode of evolution of weapons. more damage and more life, I understand them. I also appreciate but the fact that there is no strategy in the evolution of weapons and the construction of its own slot: / only the duration of play differentiates us now. The 50 levels are all the same on the base: It takes a system to force us to choose between such and such a weapon.
    you diversify the game with a new boat, but you make it much easier with this new weapon evolution system. I do not understand logic ..

add an evolution column for weapon family bonuses from 1 to 30 too. (Zone damage bonus, damage bonus on enemie inflamed for all guns etc ...)

a lot of gold, sugar and time to evolve weapons and boats. I'm thinking of the mk1-mk5 that were already in insufficient sugar.

you have to adjust the yellow (tesla shield) and green objects that have become less effective.

impossible purchase displayed in white in the shop: commercial trick.

thank you for reading and the work you have done.

Jayvee likes this.
  13. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

There is still strategy involved with weapons. Nobody has the resources (sugar/parts/powercells) to upgrade everything. We still have to choose what weapons/items we want to work on to maximize item potential. If someone wants to use all of their resources on cannons it will leave them weak in other areas.

I also thinks this adds a layer to in game strategy as well. If you see an unfriend firing nothing but cannons you can assume that his long range capabilities such as mortars and torpedo are weak and you can engage from a distance where his cannons cannot reach you..

Another added bonus of the new system is the added variety in loadout options. Before the update most players would run similar loadouts that had the least training conflicts and battles would become dull especially in the late and end game.

Mr'Nobody likes this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That assumption might cost you.

I was a speeder main a while ago, and my training for speeder was intensive in two very weird departments: The Feelix tree and the Sinklair tree. Why?

Well, Feelix and Sinklair used to have bandage talents. Which means I had a pretty high Feelix and Sinklair, even though I'm cannon-heavy.

I'm pretty sure there's many of us tho

15. speedark

speedark Member

Someone realized that the game went slow and sometimes there is lag, my internet is good and all that but after the update happened this.

BattleRascal likes this.
  16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

My device was acting slow too, but I think it had something to do with the servers being overloaded since I was online just when the update went live.

BattleRascal and speedark like this.
  17. Spunj

Spunj New Member

Wow. It is really hard to express how disappointed I am. This suxx0rz. I really, really hate this update.

grampps likes this.
  18. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

Just noticed this - the evolution "gate" previously limited by crew training level is now gone ... Nice!!!!

Based on the previous version, I was probably looking at another 4-6 months to train the required crew members to evolve my Rare L40 Firebomb, Railgun and Swift Torp but I can evolve them TODAY since I already have the dupes in stash. Heh heh heh.

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  19. Mr'Nobody

Mr'Nobody New Member

I agree with you, a new player today couldn't evolve all the weapons easily. I know that the choices i made when i start the game were 50 purcent wrong but it was not matter because i could change capitain bonuse as i want. Now, the "new" player can't change what he did. a big lossing time.

all players need to upgrade blue objects and so we have all the same turbo, big and standard shield. Sadness.. Before i had to choose between +10% HP big shield or +10% dmg fire bomb, and the choice I made made me different from the others.
    I think the new system is innovative and advantageous but less qualitative.
    It's true that now we can play mine + missile luncher, or blast + explosive and that's a good thing. But rovio should leave us the choice between evolving a weapon normally or evolve it more than normal in spite of another weapon. for example lvl14 fire bomb: +5% dmg fire bomb against bonus +10% dmg fire bomb / -5% hp big shield.

and please rovio, if you want only one design for all lvl ship, choose the mk7 design ^^.

Jayvee, TheAntiSnipe and JoshW like this.
  20. Alliswell92

Alliswell92 New Member

New update is a huge update no questions.....yeah there r sums bugs which r going to fix in future......but we r going to miss our crew members...... especially bhurt and sinkliar.,....

glenn31 likes this.