1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What's New - Update 4.0 Video - Watch and Listen!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 15 Oct 2018.

1. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed the low cost of the TRAINING for weapon talents to go along with LONG training times?

Most of the trainings in the video are 150 to 300K SUGAR, to go along with 2 to 3 day training times?
    Obviously the only other way to spend sugar is for weapon upgrades, and since the game gives us a shortage of epic parts to upgrade. So if we are only spending 250K sugar for 3 days of training, that means we are going to be maxed out on sugar more frequently than we are now.

2. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

That makes sense but there's a huge downside. If you want say damage to frozen targets on all your Torpedo's you'll have to train each one individually for the enhancement meaning more time and sugar required than before.

3. QuaCKeReD

QuaCKeReD Member

Yup...not really a bad thing ;)

Can see guilds possibly changing some from this, as people will be more specific in the combo of boat/weapon they concentrate on

4. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

In the video, the actual player is NOT a VIP member(there is not a VIP icon next to his name) and it shows him being able to purchase the Interceptor. So perhaps the little star icon next to the ship just represents a "premium" ship.

5. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Looks like you can train more than one thing at a time.

6. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

That's true but does it also mean each weapon must be upgrade to each teir before evolving? Currently all cannons correspond to the tiers Bhurts tree so all cannons can be evolved to t5 once you finish that training. If the sugar and training times are equivalent to what was shown in the video itll take forever to upgrade a new weapon to T5 which already takes a long time lol.

FataMorgana88 likes this.
  7. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

New update looks awesome! My only concern is the ship peices that are required to unlock the interceptor. I was hoping to try it out right when the update launched, but now there's no telling how long it's gonna take to earn the peices.

Other than that tho, I'm hyped!

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  8. guykakin

guykakin Member

Could Devs explain what will happen with current ships and weapons? Will be grandfathered in? Start from scratch? Etc .video is great but doesn't say much about pre-existing items and stuff

9. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Current Fire Bomb Training:
    Level 5 - +10% Damage
    Level 11 - +1 Second Duration
    Level 13 - -10% Cool Down
    Level 15 - +10% Damage
    Level 21 - +1 Second Duration
    Level 23 - +1 Second Duration
    Level 26 - -1 Second Duration
    Level 27 - -10% Cool Down
    Level 29 - +1 Second Duration

New Fire Bomb Training:
    Level 12 - +2 Range
    Level 13 - -5% Cool Down
    Level 14 - +1% Damage
    Level 15 - +1 Second Duration
    Level 16 - +1% Damage

It looks to me like the trade off is getting a buff for the weapon you want on every level but the buffs are smaller.

FataMorgana88 and benguin8 like this.
  10. GGodHand

GGodHand Member

I just want to know WHEN the new update will go live. I’d like to have some time to make final adjustments to my items in the current version of the game before the new update goes live. Will we be getting an advanced notice before it goes live? Hope we get at least a 3 day minimum notice, but a week from now would be perfect! It would be nice to know this information to help manage our items/boats with the given time.

11. HELLRAZOR

HELLRAZOR Well-Known Member

Looks like it's time to buy a new phone just to play Battle Bay with all the ram it's using up & every update is like installing a new game that lags a little more than the previous update. What are we gonna do ?

Reorge and BasedCarpen like this.
  12. TheRadKnight1

TheRadKnight1 New Member

I have a theory that your ship level will be your captain level right now.. so if you have captain level 48 then your ship level will be 48

13. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

My guess is we will all be awarded a certain amount of ship pieces based on our current ship mks.

If we didn't get credit for existing ships and trainings this update would effectively be a full game reset which I don't think anybody wants. So in order to keep the existing infamy and league structure we will most likely be grandfathered in as you put it.

With all the complaints of seal clubbers and infamy tankers it would be a death sentence for this game to require all players play at the same level regardless of current equipment. They won't reset anyone's inventory either because a lot of players have spent money to get those items and to take them away would basically be stealing lol.

FataMorgana88 likes this.
  14. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Yes, it looks as if he has one training on-going, but it looks like he can start some more training too. Good spot.

Axios and benguin8 like this.
  15. GGodHand

GGodHand Member

I doubt that since that’s basically free upgrades for everyone who hasn’t upgraded their boats in the current version of the game. I wish they would just let us know now so that we don’t needlessly spend gold now if that’s the case.

16. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I'm sure there will be a limit though as pearls to speed training is a pretty big market.

17. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Devs never say an exact time. Whenever the update is ready, they have to submit it to apple/play store for testing and that approval can vary in length of time. So eeven when the Devs submit it, they won’t know until the approval comes back.

FataMorgana88 and Axios like this.
  18. GGodHand

GGodHand Member

It seems like the thing we want to know most is whether the new update will take into account our current ships’ Mk tiers or captain level during the equivalent conversion to the new update? For example, I’m captain level 39 and all my ships are currently Mk5. What will my ship levels be in the new update? Will my ships be level 39 based on my current captain level? Or will they convert based on my current mk5’s? This is something the devs should let us know now so that we don’t spend our gold needlessly before the update, because it can potentially create a lot of angry people.

19. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

It would be nice if the captains could still have a place in the game.

But I won’t miss retraining.

20. antarbou

antarbou Member

ï don't understand