1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's welcome Frost items back from the dead ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Reorge, 10 Oct 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I believe that 2 hit cancel was what it used to be(or close enough)

2. HappyUnicorn789

HappyUnicorn789 Well-Known Member

So making the frost duration dramatically reduce, makes some sense. Say a 4.5 sec average frost duration would increase difficulty. One hit reduces it to 2.25 sec., second hit cancells frost

3. LuxuryLiner

LuxuryLiner Member

I put +12% damage when target is frozen on my mortars...then I started using the frost launcher and my teamates would hit them before I could even launch my mortar...so i stopped using speeder and enforcer

Reorge likes this.
  4. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the response guys. I made few changes in my post. Please have a read again Thanks.

5. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

6. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I think frost combos will be used a lot more once the new update comes out... I know for an absolute fact that I'll be trying it again

Reorge and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  7. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

I have been wanting to use frost gear for a while and thought the same thing. Glad you posted it.

Real quick though, lets compare fire to ice.

What they share?
    Both buff weapons with the correct training and/or perks

Advantages of fire
    Applies an invulnerable buff, unlike frost which is removed on impact
    Fire itself elicits damage to targets, unlike frost which only slows targets temporarily

Advantages of frost
    Hm. Well.. It slows targets?

I think your idea of attacks reducing the slow effect and duration is a good idea. The slow itself is extremely useful. A freeze which lasts longer than one or two hits is definitely needed though as this currently makes frost gear next to useless.

So, with this change it would definitely balance out the advantage that fire weapons have over frost.

One thing I disagree with though is fire weaponry damaging per tick. One idea I have it why not make it 'fire weapons remove frost effects and frost gear removes burning effects?'

This would make them not only equal but it would make frost gear a lot more viable and sought after as it would be a counter to the already overpowered fire loadouts.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Hope Rovio gets behind us here.

Reorge, ShipCrusherCz and Aether_Zero like this.
  8. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

My desire was so, let the frost get off 1 hit, but the slowing down of the ship still remains some time ...

9. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Glad you liked it :)
    Can't agree anymore. I kinda find it stupid how flare already does pretty decent dmg alone and at the same time it also debuffs healing and enhances cannons(which are the most used weapons) for every single teammate without even effecting the flare dmg or duration, and those are already an extremely huge plus point and it is the only weapon in the bay with those talents, not to mention bout the better battle rewards you get but it's still only a 1 slot weapon. That's why fire cannon combo is highly encouraged by most people. I have some ideas to make fire weapons balanced without ruining them, I'll try making a thread on it soon.

you talking bout my suggestion of fire decreasing frost duration by 40% per tick ?
    you mean "frost removing fire's heal reduction and weapon enhancing talent" ? If yes, I think it sounds kinda feasible but not sure

Last edited: 18 Oct 2018
  10. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

One important change would be not allowing Healing Bolt to remove frost. That ability sucks.

11. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Once they implement those ideas I think frost would already become useful and people would start using it. But I understand what you're saying.
    Heal bolt should either be able to remove the frost effect(speed reduction only) or dmg buff effect of frost, not both of them, Maybe.

12. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

I figured out how to deal with freezing! It is necessary that the freezing slows down the turret by 100%!;)

13. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    The only thing I hate about frost is that it slows me down.

Slowness- speeder's very worst enemy

14. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Good idea! I would love to start using my T2 Epic Frost Launcher, but now I use a Tesla Shield instead. Might swap them when the time comes.

Regards,
    Flint

Reorge and Aether_Zero like this.
  15. MGEV

MGEV Member

Did T-Bolt really get nerfed? cuz I was stunned for about 25s, that's freaking long, regular battles rarely last the full 5 minutes.

envylife likes this.
  16. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Yea, stun is brutal in CTF when there is no one to break it.

17. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

They nerfed it by adding stun resistant. Later they got a huge nerf on cd time.

Wait what.. Stunned for 25 secs ? Is that even possible ?

18. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    Anything is possible if you run on dank memes...

Last edited: 24 Oct 2018
    Aether_Zero likes this.
  19. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Lol

20. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

It was once a speeder's best friend ;)