1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Big matchmaking issues

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Kitty, 13 Oct 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Hello. I am returning player that is experiencing some match making issues.
    I had a high infamy once but because of my outdated gear I lost so much infamy and now I'm sitting at 900-1000ish infamy. But what bugs me out the most is even though I dropped so hard at my infamy I still keep on playing against 1.6k - 1.8k infamy players which can easily destroy me with their torpedoes or other tier 5 epic items. Can someone enlighten me why is this happening? And to add, my current gear score is at 4k

Medullaoblongata likes this.
  2. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    You missed a lot.

It's happening because they fixed infamy matchmaking. Unfortunately, this means that returning players such as yourself still play against experienced people. Hopefully, you noticed the new agility too.

3. Kitty

Kitty New Member

So does that mean that I should become other people's punching bag? Will they ever fix this? The experience right now is so depressing. I cant even gain stars.

4. Agile Vanguard

Sadly, yes...But no. I was on the receiving end of this when I fell from 1200 to 600, I just blamed it on the update lol. But with practice, I climbed back up to 1000. So keep playing and you'll eventually get back up. Anyway, infamy and losing streaks are short-term and are meaningless. -Quote from a person I can't remember.

5. Kitty

Kitty New Member

But my main problem is, I am a returning player who havent played for months. So I'm probably out-geared by other vets or some 1.5k infamy players. What bugs me out is that I should've stopped playing against those guys since I lost a lot of infamy and I believe that my gear score isnt up to par against those 1.5k+ infamy guys. The matchmaking should've just paired me up against people near my infamy level or my gear score but It never happened.

6. Agile Vanguard

7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Infamy has changed over time, so I would disregard the actual number. A year ago T5R items could get you into NML. Today that'll keep you around 2000 Infamy.

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

@Kitty

Could you post some screenshots of your ship setup, and battle logs please?

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

This is pretty odd.

The devs put up countermeasures to prevent this. Your infamy starts degrading once you have stopped playing for a certain amount of time.

How many months ago did you stop playing?

10. Kitty

Kitty New Member

It has been a long time, so long that I cannot remember exactly how many months I've stopped playing. But I think I stoped playing near the update where guilds started to have other functions than just socialozong

11. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I dont even have tier 5 items. Still it keeps me having face off people with lots of epic items. Most of them has t3+ epic items

12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That would be "Guilds with Benefits", v2.5 if I'm not wrong? We're at v3.2 right now(soon to be 3.3) and you've been gone for over a year now:D

Your infamy must have "decayed" but the power climb since that update has been enormous, unfortunately. Also, they changed agility levels for all ships in v3.2, which means that if you're a speeder/enforcer, you have to relearn your ship:eek:

@Zeus might wanna look into this case

13. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

It's probably infamy-tanking penalties kicking in. If so, your matchups will adjust to your new infamy in 2-4 weeks .. if you choose to keep playing though it.

Otherwise, gear score isn't part of the infamy MM system (to prevent gear score manipulation on the ladder). And it's not unusual to see 800+ infamy differences in matches. Your team will usually have some higher infamy players to balance the match.

Personally, I'd consider starting a new account if it's the infamy tanking penalties.

14. ViscountSniffit

Gear score doesn’t affect it, but ship mk can. There were lots of mk6 and mk7s at low infamy, who ended up getting shoved into Ace League matches, even when they’d fallen to zero infamy. That’s why I asked the OP to share his/her setup and battles, so we can have a look at what is actually happening.

15. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

True - so if they're using a higher Mk ship, then they'll have to switch to a lower Mk ship to see if that helps (assuming it's not going off captain level) .. but, if it's a ship Mk issue, then it's no question that an account restart would be the best option.

16. ViscountSniffit

I’m not 100% sure how it works, so I can only go off what people have reported here on the forum; but I think there might also be some kind of ‘trigger’ that flags you as an infamy tanker and puts you back into harder matches.

The problem is, if you were originally put into harder matches because of your ship mk, and that is what caused you to bomb loads of infamy, then you can still get flagged as an infamy tanker, which will again seek to put you into the same harder matches, even if you do switch to a lower mk ship. And of course you still end up losing your rewards too.

It seems to be a real downward spiral for people who get trapped in it, which is almost impossible to break out of.

17. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Please can you post screenshots of the battle results page from your last 5 battles and then a shot of your battle log? It would help us try and determining what is happening.
    Without such info, everyone is having to speculate, which makes helping you difficult.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  18. kurja

kurja New Member

I had exactly the same problem. I was away for about a year. After coming back I realized that everybody around me had much stronger items. I dropped fast from 1800 to below 300 with my newly upgraded mk5 speeder. I didn't get any stars even from victories, hardly any resources and was playing against infamy 800 players with significantly higher gs than me. I contacted devs but they said that there's nothing they can do and wished me luck. I ended up setting a new account.

Guys if you spend any real money, be sure not to stay away too long time!

19. ViscountSniffit

It seems a shame to have to restart, especially given how long it takes to get to mk5 (trainings etc...).

It’s worth mentioning that you get the best rewards from Guild Quests and Events, so it’s worth joining a good active guild. You can also get better weapons from the weapon achievements.

If you keep playing, you will eventually be able to climb back out.

20. Medullaoblongata

Medullaoblongata Active Member

Almost every long time quitter when returns goes thro this heavy drops.I have read tons of complains about it.

@kittu u have no choice but to face Them,hang on there.The game has changed quit lot from old days when mk6 was a rare sight below 2K infamy