1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Would Battle Bay Devs Change The Game?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by YerJokinArnYer, 8 Sep 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I've been feeling the redundancy of speeder as well. I went from speeder main(and arguably one of the best duelists) to enfo enthusiast, to finally enfo main, in a course of 3 months. Now I'm happy that I did, because of the agi nerfs. Speeder no longer feels solid. It's a delicate blade now, not the katana it used to be. It may be sharp, but its delicacy has put me off from it. I play the enfo and at close range... I'd say there's very few ships that can outmaneuver me when I'm in the zone.

Let's also talk about how double bubbles outside of NML are going down in usage. I'd say that the main reason for this is that the devs made their stance rather clear, indirectly. Enforcer is not an "endurance" ship like the defender. It is now firmly a duelist. The huge agi boost that only comes into play when one is in a close engagement is proof. I have a suggestion. Add a 2 slot speed item. You'll see less double bubble builds, trust me.

2. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

I was also a speeder main for like 1k-4k infamy but then I switched to shooter and then the agility update , maybe somehow RNG did something so that we both avoid (let's say ) the disaster , maybe he loves us , or he did that because he gave me 4 legendary mortars:confused: ,(apology denied ).

3. This Is Me

This Is Me Active Member

Speeder is definitely ruined. No doubt about it.
    Post update, the testla shields health was reduced by 5%. This is the reason why many NML players swapped duration perk with hit points perk, and I did so too. Enfocer, which is famous for its dance, can go front and back very swiftly, but now, it's like moving in circles. These circle patterns can easily be studied by a player and he can hit an enfo easily now. An enforcer is the one ship which is supposed to have highest ship and turrent agility. But now they reduced it and increased shooter's ship and turrent agility. Enforcer is not much famous now for dodging shots.

I too think that this update was an indirect need to enforcers and speeders alike, because the devs tried to "balance" the ships, buffed shooters and defenders, highly undervaluing bananas.

Rogue Blueberry likes this.
  4. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Lol what, since when we're defenders op, I'd like to know.

5. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

no, it is now harder to predict a dancing enforcer's move ,and they still have a high agility.

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Interesting complaint considering Grenade is one of only a few close range weapons that can hit an enemy over a big wave.... waves make all other weapons useless at close range. I'd take "close" over "useless" any day.

7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Haha, not OP, but considering Defenders have 5 Blue slots, and 2 of the Defender-only blue items were removed, the ability to back-fill 1-2 slots with more Shields/Bandages was a big Defender buff. I have yet to see a Defender acknowledge that this was a buff for them, but I'm seeing them with a lot more HP now.

Also, Defenders are faster than I expect them to be. As a max-speed Shooter, when we go out of the gate at the beginning of a match Defenders are right with me side by side. I've had an unusually hard time targeting them long distance due to this speed as well. In other words, I no longer consider them big lumbering boats, they are fast and agile with buffed HP. Maybe not quite as fast as the other boats, but IMO Rovio overshot the agility in the other boats, making it not as useful as you would think.

8. SirName

SirName Member

I think the reason why the game development went the way it did is because of $€£¥ (it's not supposed to spell anything if that's what you think)

Last edited: 22 Oct 2018
    ShipCrusherCz and Kurd1stan. like this.
  9. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

I'll aagre the agility needs some balancing but I am not against the whole rudder and gear lube removal

I for one think that maybe they should remove all the damn blue items and give everybody full speed and hp too.

If it's not an item that shows up in the screen during a battle and makes a difference, then you don't need it.

Now you might call me crazy but I quit battle bay some time ago and I came back, only cause of the big update and i don't understand their reasoning behind revamping the whole agility system.

"We figured the whole agility system was keeping people from having fun".

Bruh so does the speed system.

NeptuneGaming likes this.
  10. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

I do not know if I'm writing here? But the fact is that the developer probably tries to deceive us, I get only 3,900 experience in 3 days of learning talent, which is very little compared to what happened before (3 days approximately 8000 experience, 5 days 12000-13000 experience was earlier) if you compare these numbers, then getting the 50 level of the captain, will take much more time than it was before! I think that it is not right to do so!

ShipCrusherCz and Kurd1stan. like this.
  11. xbabounex

xbabounex Member

Hi,
    Yes, it takes too long now to increase EXP by +2600 steps each 2 days when we need 100,000. Now I m sticked to level 47.

Considering the new game play, this update is dramatic for me. I lost 600 Infamy in few days from 2324 down to 1728. My shooter boat seems to have a lack of defence. She loses too many points when shooted.

Dev has prefered new players to old ones. Ok That was their own decision. But If they do not give a little hand to old players in order to keep their previous INF level and to increase EXP as before, I'll leave this beautifull game like others has already done.
    Sorry Dev to be "off of topic".

A 9300 battles player.

12. CheekyDevilGod

Your inability to gain exp faster has absolutely nothing to do with you losing infamy as all everybody else gain exp at the same rate as you.

Your shooter being defenseless has absolutely nothing to do with you losing infamy as all shooters and other ships lost defense as well and you are the same as everybody else.

The reason you are losing infamy might probably be cause you have recently lost all the higher mk lvl advantage you previously had over all the other ships in the same infamy as you and you are now playing in a leveled ground where you previously had an advantage over others.

The problem probably does not lie with the devs but with you, your skill set might not be adequate to survive in your infamy levels and you might have survived there previously only cause mk level and gear score advantage and now you have lost your mk advatage.

13. xbabounex

xbabounex Member

Thx for your reply above.
    So it is my fault only. How sould have find out this by myself? It's so simple!
    What is this " mk level advandage " I had before?

14. CheekyDevilGod

As you know, previously, how long you've been laying this game had a huge influence on gameplay because of the silly captain exp system which requires you to spend huge amounts of time training captains.

The higher your captain levels, the easier it was to get a mark 5-6. The biggest reason why the marks made a huge impact in gameplay was not cause of the huge hp or defense they gave you but the slots and the slot points which enabled you to hold more and better items.

But now the system has been changed, they've reworked the whole thing such that even the newest players now have mk7 level slots and slot points.

Which means everybody you previously were able to easily beat because they only had 4 weapons or only 2 blue slots now have the same slots and slot points as you.

This removes your previously existing advantage so the skilled players who previously could not hit higher infamy because they had mk1-4 boats are now on the same grounds as you making thee game harder for everybody.

Understand?.

15. xbabounex

xbabounex Member

Yes, I uderstood. thx a lot CheekyDevilGod.

I understand also that Devs who want to increase the number of new players providing better cash flow. Ok.

But reaching their goal by lowering old players it's the worse way. We spent time and money to get more experience, more powerful weapons, in order to get a more pleasant game play, playing against same level players. Things seemed to be well balanced even if infamy stagnation and random system to get needed objects could be improved.

Now, we are back to newbies level. It's just disrespectful. I'm waiting to read Rovio Devs on this.

16. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I am confused by your comment. How have they lowered experienced players?

What they have done is reduced (not removed) the gap between strong and poor gear, and given newer players the ability to enjoy the same amount of slots for their ships as experienced players. As far as I’m concerned, they should be applauded for that.

Under the old rules, we saw experienced players abusing their position and seal clubbing newer players. We had people saying such things as ‘well the event rewards practically dictate that we have to, in order to keep up with other players who are doing it”. It was poor behaviour IMO. We also had people saying that the playing field needed evening out a bit so it could be more like Fortnite or other such games.

And so now Devs have given these newer players a chance to fight back.

So let’s be honest, you are not back at newbies level. You still have better weapons than newbies and better training and therefore still have an advantage. If they can beat you or me or any experienced player despite our advantages, then well done to them.

Hazimi likes this.
  17. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

The problem is that we old players have built builds that dont clash. If trees were sperated before, i would have easily have built a sniper and a blast. Newbies can start off building all cannons without the worry of things clashing while it would take us ages to get a weapon we havent used to out strength of tier 4/5 epics.

18. CheekyDevilGod

Your opinion is slightly incorrect. They did not nerf the experienced players. They slightly buffed the new ones.

Rovio's previous strategy of sucking up to the whales and old experienced players alone was a stupid move to begin with, nobody who pays a lot would have enough fun to keep playing and paying and nobody would play an inbalanced game like bb for more than a year.

This strategy made new players quit after a week of playing and was killing the game. Took rovio a long time to figure it out. I swear to god they have the best developers and the worst marketing team.

You love the game and want to keep playing it then you need to understand that the game needs to be balanced for all players for it to keep getting new active players for the game to grow.

Again, they did not nerf anybody, they merely made things easier for the newbies.

Agile Vanguard likes this.
  19. Friscomachine

Friscomachine New Member

an opinion can be incorrect? hmm

then yours is absolutely incorrect. because:
    of course old players are nerfed. they built up their boats based on the old system. they used perks according to the old system, they trained their crew according to that system. now they have to rethink, change weapons maybe, i.e. scrap their hard earned ones. they definitely have to change their perks, i.e. scrap their hard earned ones.

they had trained their crew according to their strategies, i.e. chosing the best alternatives that suited them. now they have no choice anymore. lack of strategic thoughts and fine tuning, awesome move, suerly.

if there is no choice anymore, why not directly bind them to the leveling of the boats? whats then the sense behind that, only for low levels?....

well, i did not quit, so also incorrect. ias that an opinion or on what is it based? if everybode quit after a week where do aöö the gamers come from? lol

first of all the game has become strongly imbalanced due to the changes, arguments see above.
    it has also become less challenging with no strateghies to plan anymore, overpowered weapons against nerfed boats, i.e. no base defense anymore, and thus matches that are decided randomly and not because of player's skills...

no challenge, no effort, no fun, less playing.
    if you allow me to interpolate my experience, than i would say around 20% less...

20. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

The definition of a nerf is to make something weaker. Experienced captain's ships have not been made weaker.

What has happened is that weaker ships/weapons have been buffed. If you recall the graphs from the release notes, the maximum level line for gear did not change, but the minimum level line is now closer to the maximum than before.

Also weaker ships have been given access to all slots (buff), but no slots have been removed from maximum level ships so this move is not a nerf either.

As I've been said, I'm very happy about this move. It vastly reduces the widespread sealclubbing that was happening to new players and driving them from the game. Previously they were facing much stronger ships that could destroy them in a couple of shots, and that is what I would call "no challenge, no effort, no fun, less playing"