1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Trading system

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Diesel96, 8 Oct 2018.

Tags:
  1. Diesel96

Diesel96 New Member

What does every one think bout a trading system

2. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Not trying to offend you but I think this is a terrible idea unless there are strict stipulations on who you can trade with and what trading actually entails. If there weren't regulations then people would start new accounts and give all their strong gear to the smaller boat. Also if someone starts a new account to get additional rewards (daily and star crates, guild raffle, season rewards, etc.) to hand off to their other account would have an unfair advantage over other players. I think this could have serious negative consequences if it isn't done 100% to avoid manipulation but that's just my opinion.

Jayden Kim likes this.
  3. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

And how do you like this idea, you can bargain only when you reach level 20.
    You can bargain only 2 times a week, for example, I want to change the rockets for a cannon!

4. Rogue Blueberry

Rogue Blueberry Well-Known Member

5. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

if there are so many topics about it, then the people want it!

6. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

I think we can safely assume that this game will never have in-game trading in any shape or form,
    except for extremely limited transfer of valuables like "guild boosts for pearls".

It would open up a Pandora's box of possible abuse, cheating, unfair game play and unintended consequences. Probably even theft of accounts to get items.
    And most importantly, it will affect the in-game economy, and by extension, Rovio's own income.

JoshW likes this.
  7. Rogue Blueberry

Rogue Blueberry Well-Known Member

There are methods of counteracting this. The most common is trading within your guild only. There was some good discussion in this thread.
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/item-trading-with-in-guild.14267/
    The Highlights being:
    "to prevent trading guilds, you would have had to be in one guild for X weeks/months to trade."
    "You have to trade like rarities."
    "You could trade 1 common a day, 1 uncommon in two days, 1 rare in a week, and one epic a month."
    "You have to be captain level +/-17 for uncommons, +/-30 for rares, and +/-37 for epics. (no trading Legendarys)"
    "Unleveled items only."
    And more could be put in place.

8. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

personally, i'm for it... BUT, it has to be very limited like a ticket or coupon that can only be earned through in-game means... it cannot be bought by real world money and no shortcuts to earning it... i made a post about this months ago... some parameters i suggested for players to earn a trade ticket are: accumulated time spent in battles (customs and events should not count), accumulated kills/heals/damage/battle badges, etc., time-lock mechanism, daily/weekly quest completion (not guild quests). the trade ticket would come in 3 rarities (rare, epic, legendary), whatever the parameter will be, player will have a progress meter where the player can see if he has earned enough merits to get a rare, epic or legendary trade ticket. player can only trade with another with a similar ticket rarity and only 1 is to 1. (this proposed trade system was for full items and perks only). my rationale that time was like this - sure, implementing a trade system will have consequences to the in-game economy and might reduce IAP - but this is based on the current player base. if a fair and restricted trade system was set in place, this should, theoretically, improve player satisfaction considering the majority of the current item acquisition mechanic is completely RNG, give players a better semblance of control over their own progression, this should all sum up to higher player retention and possible more interest from new players - more players for BB and should also bring in more IAP for rovio... average spend per player might decrease but this can easily be offset by increased player base...

Rogue Blueberry likes this.
  9. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Sometimes sheer quantity is better than quality

But you don't want ONLY quantity ( like in that one spongebob episode where spongebob beats Neptune because his one KP was better than Neptune's 1000)

10. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

what are you referring to? player base? yeah, personally, i prefer good competition regardless of the outcome, but it's also about law of averages, the more players play, the more probability of more spenders joining the game - better financial viability for rovio. So in this case, quantity is vital. we can't always just ask rovio for things without considering what's in it for them, this is a business after all.

11. Jayden Kim

Jayden Kim New Member

because people are sometimes (including myself)are short-sighted enough to only focus on all the benefits they can enjoy and never care about the chances that others can take more advantage of it.

For example, I might be able to get another leg. EC which I have been longing to get from the trade. Will my infamy increase? Nah.. Others might trade much more actively and make my tier 3 leg. EC humble..