1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

A huge WHY?!?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jenarall, 1 Oct 2018.

1. Jenarall

Jenarall Member

3FE9CA72-DD2C-47FB-AF6A-7F0D3EC71304.jpeg After months about complaining about this other problem, how is it that we find this acceptable? We deal with a company that doesn’t even listen to its community, but this? This is plain ridiculous.

I’m especially sad because the Devs would see posts like this for the betterment of the game yet completely ignore it and do something that urks the whole community. C’mon man, once a tickle now a rash, what do we have to do to get rid of this unfair matchmaking?!?

2. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

What’s your GS compared to theirs? Were they running any empty slots? MK7 aren’t that big a step up over MK6, no more slots just some stat increases. All my matches end up with a mix of 7’s & 6’s. Why do you believe it to be unfair matchmaking?

Hazimi, Fish and Kurd1stan. like this.
  3. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Sometimes I get matched like that, sometimes I get matched where I am on the stronger team and sometimes it is just about perfectly balanced. Frustrating at times, but as long as everyone else has the same variety of matches then I guess I’m neither at an advantage or disadvantage overall. And on the rare occasion when the underdog wins, it feels like an accomplishment.

Ultrah and SAME DIFF3R3NC3 like this.
  4. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Who are mark 7 boats supposed to fight?

A mark 7 only has 400-650 more h.p. than a mark 6.

Evidently your gear score of weapons was within the range of your competition.

Ps. There are many mark 6 captains in our bay who have broken 5k + infamy. And even a couple who won the entire league as best captain during a two week period. Scoring 5.6k.

So although you personally see an issue with this matchmaking. I don't.

Raise your game. Or your expectation of who you can fight and beat. Personally I believe I can fight against any boat no matter their weapons in 2vs2. Yes some of it might be Hubris. But currently I stand 98 percent wins over loss in 2vs2. You probably are around 85 percent. So can matchmaking be that brutal if you win more than you lose?

Only you can answer these questions. Really think about if you have limited your imagination on how good you can be. By always saying. Oh this mark 7 boat is better than me. Reality one day soon. You too will have a mark 7. It's a matter of progress in the game. And raising your captain level to level 48 and higher.

Jaws

5. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    The mk7s probaly shoot like stormtroopers haha

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

How can we judge the situation if you didn't even provide gear score values of all the participants.

From what can I tell, you guys could have together higher gear score than the enemies, so it might be unfair for them :rolleyes:

7. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Mk7 is just a tiny, baby step. Like some wonky staircase:

Mk1- ground
    Mk2: regular step
    Mk3: small or regular. Depends on ship.
    Mk4: large step
    Mk5: large step
    Mk6: regular step
    Mk7: barely even a step

Don't be so frustrated. Getting matched against a •Be Boozled• fleet is just bad luck.

8. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Lol I beat up on that retired firefighter and frenchy all the time :D

*JAWS* likes this.
  9. Jenarall

Jenarall Member

This is the problem I have with “Gearscore” it’s a rubbish system. I shouldn’t have to “Unequip” my hard worker for items so I wouldn’t have to fight with a Nightmare League Mk7’s. What if that’s the only Gears I have? Also why am I being paired with Nightmare Leagues whilst I’m barely an Ace. I’m sorry but I’m calling it like I see it, the system needs some overhauling, I’m not just going to simply accept it for what it is, I should have to change a thing for my hard earned ship just so I have to avoid an end gamer, Rubbish.

10. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Well if they manage to get into NML with the same GS as you have, and you didn't, obviously they're much more skilled than you.
    Matchmaker in the events in ideal world would pair people with the same gear score, and the only deciding factor of who wins would be the skill of players.

11. Jenarall

Jenarall Member

You talk ignorant, yes skill have some part of it, but how do you explain someone having 3-4 leggys whilst I have None but we’re still being paired? Most if not all of my weapons are T4, but here I am having to defend against an mk7 with multiple legendary weapons and Nightmare league and you’re here trying to justify this ludicrous nonsense.
    Since when does asking for a more fair play guarantees someone breathing down your neck about it? Mans out here wilding!

12. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Wow you complain alot. Lol.

You know you could have every single weapon as a legendary right? Just by playing and earning them thru acheivements.

Also...stop me if I am wrong. Do you only play mark 7 boats in events? No. We all know you also play against mark 6 boats. But better ...since you are mark 6....you face mark 5 boats....you have the superior advantage. So while you complain about the one match facing a mark 7 boat who is in nightmare with some legendaries. You are the way too overpowered opponenets when u face mark 5 boats. This same matchmaking also give you easy games like this.

Lastly...you don't know your own weapons strength or potential. An Epic level 4 weapon is more powerful then a Legendary 1. Plus it has 4 perks slots. It takes until Legendary tier 3.4 to get more powerful then a maxed Epic weapon.

Events are made for mark 6 captains. Best of all worlds. Enough weapons slots to compete against everyone and the health to last in a fight also.

Focus on achievements buddy. Get your legendaries there And lose the whine.
    The flavor is soooo passe'.

13. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

It's a free event with free tickets .. and I'm sure you easily finished it. That's one match. It's really not worth getting that worked up over.

As @*JAWS* said, there's not a big difference between Mk6 and Mk7s. Most people here have won 2v2 matches against higher mark ships. I know those two, so I doubt you won .. but you still get to see what it's like going head to head with some big dogs for a few minutes .. and hopefully you learned a thing or two from it.

14. Jenarall

Jenarall Member

You still don’t get it, do you? In all your condescendence your judgement is still clouded. Me being matched against Mk5’s is a slim 3% of all my matches whilst being matched against Mk7’s is around 60% form my observations.
    NO, you’re incorrect when you say a level 40 epic does more damage than a level 10 leggy. A level 5 epic does, however.
    Most Mk7’s I get matched with usually have multiple leggys (which I mentioned) most often times being T2 and up. I still don’t see how any of this is justifiable with me being paired with people from Nightmare league, it’s not that I don’t mind it, all I’m saying is make matchmaking fair. You assumed that because I get paired with Mk7’s that automatically I enjoy pummeling Mk5’s. Truth is I don’t, so this post automatically went over your head. I would love to see Mk’s battling Mk’s within their own leagues, am I asking for too much here? That way when I lose I can’t make up excuses like “errmagawd it’s because he was an Mk7’s” or “it’s because he was a Nightmare league and I’m not”. Still not fathomable for you?
    Baffling something this simple flies literally right over your head, I don’t know since when pleading for fair matchmaking and gameplay renders me being dictated as “Not skilled” or even a “Get better” rant.

Sickening.

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 and *JAWS* like this.
  15. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

Nice thread

This Is Me and *JAWS* like this.
  16. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Never flew over anyone's head. You lacked empirical evidence of the issue. With 1 random screen shot and then a blast at matchmaking. No solutions whatsoever. People tried to figure out your issue. And u came off like a whiner. Still do. Lol

Best of luck...ps. I know a solution for ya. Uninstall app. Candy crush might be your speed.

What's Up Player likes this.
  17. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I have been posting so many screenshots for months, but I stopped. Sadly, Hardly anyone helped me out with screenshots for my posts. Most people only complain in the game, but not here and they don't back it up with prove.

Best wishes,
    Flint

Jenarall likes this.
  18. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

If your win rate is 98% then that proves the matchmaking is not rught and I get why you don't complain. The people who lose 30 battles in a row (who are not that bad) have a valid complaint.

Regards,
    Flint

Jenarall likes this.
  19. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

All he is saying is that this could be an even match, or even unfair in your advantage since we don't know what gear was used. Also legendaries are not the end all source of winning. Skill is much more important. If you can't shoot to hit anyone. You will never be better than a mk1 with commons. Legendaries aren't even that good, you have to get them to teir three and to get there it takes an enormous amount of resources and luck. If you want this to be constructive, just post the gear used in the match. The final battle screen is what is needed. Just listen and don't be so fast to criticize.

20. Jenarall

Jenarall Member

Candy Crush? That’s it? Really? Then again I really didn’t expect a More potent answer, barley know you and you’re already that predictable, Lol. Cheers mate.

*JAWS* and Flint like this.