1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

benefits of fire bomb

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by myfaatherone, 2 Oct 2018.

1. myfaatherone

myfaatherone New Member

Using fire bomb, you dont need to have a visual just throw it behind walls. 19.6s duration to anyone in damage radius. Why do we need a flare gun, useless, single target, exposed to opponents. AND, it is not a single damage weapon because Bhurt level 30 talent doesnt increase flare guns damage. What a ridiculous settings. According to descriptions of red slot " this red slot is for offensive weapons......" as flare gun can be put into red slots, it is a weapon but not a single-target weapon. Then we come to an incredible assumption, is it an area damage weapon? Then I found out Mortimer level 4 talent doesnt increase flare gun damage either. What an amazing weapon!!!!!! Flare gun, a weapon but does neither single nor area damage!!!!!! What a surprise. There are three varieties of weapons in battle bay, single target, area damage and flare gun.
    FK this

Attached Files:

2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Flare is a point damage weapon, but you only get the crew bonus on the initial hit, not the burn.

Also Flare is probably one of the best weapons in the game. It does huge damage, increases the damage of all Cannon hits by you and your team, and it reduces healing.

VantaBlack, Reorge, *JAWS* and 7 others like this.
  3. myfaatherone

myfaatherone New Member

Firebombs also increase dmg by all canon by either me or my team.
    Yes, it reduces healing but you have to expose yourself to opponents.
    According to my screenshots, no matter how far away from the center of firebombs, you receive max burning duration. And nobody can guarantee 100% Flare gun accuracy, you have to calculate waves and opponents movements. You have to expose yourself and take the risk of missing shots. These cons outweigh pros so much.
    And don't forget, with firebombs, in one cd, you can do damage on multiple targets.

4. myfaatherone

myfaatherone New Member

These screenshots were taken this morning.

5. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I would imagine it's one of two things..

More than likely, it's a discrepancy between what you see and what happened. Fire bomb circles, in particular, can be misleading. What actually happened was the projectile hit about a second before you saw it hit .. when you were closer to the middle of it.

It's a bug .. like with nitro. The player sees an opponent in one spot, and shows them hitting that opponent, but the hit registers zero damage.

The other less likely possibility is that you got hit with a fully optimized max epic firebomb - with the full duration around 27.5 seconds (off the top of my head), so the other rim still hit for 19 seconds

... or it was some combination of the two.

I say the 2nd option is less likely because it would be a sacrifice of around 5,000 HPs to optimize your firebomb in that way .. and the extra damage isn't worth the cost.

6. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

You don't take full damage everytime you get hit on the edge of a fiebomb. That's like taking one plant sample that died immediately and saying that all plants die immediately.
    The circle shown for whee firebomb will land is an estimate. Because the waves are ever-changing, it doesn't always land where the system predicted it would land. If the system predicted it would land in an are with a high wave and then the wave changes and the wave gets lower, then the firebomb will travel more before landing, and therefore throwing off the accuracy of the firebomb. Sometimes, you can get caught in the middle and take 5 seconds of damage. Other times, you won't even be touching the circle and you'll still take 15 seconds of damage.

And imo firebomb and flare are both op.

*JAWS* and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Flare is slooooooooow. I think that, at long range, it would be even slower than FB lol. Still. It takes a lot of skill and a really close range to land one. Idk about "deathclock" flares, but that's what I've found on my rare t5

PallabKumarS likes this.
  8. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I don't find it that hard to land flare shots from afar most of the time. The projectile speed is fairly fast, or at least it seems that way when your two other weapons' projectile speeds are 21.5 lol.

*JAWS* and Ash KOT like this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

Oh lol, you use the excannon build? That explains it. I've had to train pretty hard to control three different projectile speeds(my legendary and epic t5 blasts have a 10% difference, and flare... Well, flare is flare). Man~ playing single bubble enfo with those weapons ain't easy:confused:

10. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I've been trying to level up my flare achievements and I've noticed a lot of unregistered hits with it.. mostly on faster boats, but also on large ships.

I would ask for a fix for all the unregistered hits .. but I'm past the point of expecting the game to perform as well mechanically as it does graphically.

I, for one, would prefer reliability in the game mechanics over the beauty of the game (everything from the waves to the graphics) ... but that's apparently not the biggest priority of the developers. It's their game and their choice. I'm sure they have their reasons.

Medullaoblongata likes this.
  11. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Who gives a Y E E T about exposing yourself to opponents? What are you, one of those dumbass mortar spammers? Have a good time in higher leagues.

You're like an amateur scientist. Deriving your results from only 4 tests. Get on customs and have a friend spam firebombs at you. Then we can come to conclusions and see if firebomb is glitchy ALL THE TIME.

Last edited: 2 Oct 2018
    NeptuneGaming and Reorge like this.
  12. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I have a level 50 epic firebomb, and a T4 epic flare.
    The firebomb is amazing, great damage, great adder to contribution, useful when group of enemies is camping or next to a fixer pulse.
    My best hit was 8k damage from a single shot with it, 4 team mates all burning for 96.6 per tick for 22 seconds.

However flare for me is so useful, the reduced healing stat and guaranteed full burn duration have been key to so many victories.
    My shooter build is:
    Epic 50 firebomb
    Epic 50 blast cannon
    Epic 50 sniper cannon
    Legendary lvl 6 rail gun
    Epic 34 flare gun

I can regularly churn out 20-30k damage in ladder, and see a lot of 3 stars through fire contribution.

13. myfaatherone

myfaatherone New Member

1 Vs 1in chill zone dare you? I'll burn your larboard

14. TheAntiSnipe

Lol i know you from my games, you must be myfaather. You're a pretty decent shooter, I enjoy playing with, and especially against you. The combat alertness you have against flankers is not something I expect from most shooters, so fighting you is always a refreshing experience.

15. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

How did you guess his in game name was myfaather?
    I cant see any giveaways in his screenshot he posted! It clearly is not written 4 times, your detective skills blow my mind! :D

[​IMG]

16. TheAntiSnipe

I kind of didnt see that screenie lol
    (Because my phone takes ages to load one of those images)

Ash KOT likes this.
  17. SupremeCalamitas

In reality the giveaway is only there one time. His name being orange is the only giveaway. If they were all the same, this might as well be 2Joints or Cryin''s replay

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I never said there were 4 give aways in the screenshot, I said I couldnt see any, and that is wasnt written 4 times :p

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. SupremeCalamitas

You know what I mean anyway... o_O:cool:

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  20. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

If anyone has actually been paying attention, this doesn't appear to be true any longer. If I hit a boat on the edge of the radius it only sticks for a few seconds.