1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting all over again ;)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ShortFlyer, 30 Sep 2018.

1. ShortFlyer

ShortFlyer Active Member

I've been playing this game for about a year.
    Reached something like 3500 infamy, mk7 ships, 9500 gearscore...
    And just decided to try everything from the beginning. Just for fun.
    Reached captain lvl 10 pretty fast, and it begun ;)

First two battles were very short for me, since I was the only one with mk1 ship there. But third one made me smile ;)

https://replay.battlebay.net/QMKGLDKC#GMVLFPNS

I will probably try to keep mk1 as long as I can. And I can keep posting my progress here. It will be totally useless, of course. Just for fun ;)

Jumppanen, Nikkie!, Djradnad and 6 others like this.
  2. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Good luck.

ShortFlyer likes this.
  3. ShortFlyer

ShortFlyer Active Member

So I started with 1 standard cannon (uncommon), 1 standard mortar (common) and 1 gatling gun (common).
    Later, thanks to "3stars" crates and cannon dmg achievement, I played with 3 standard cannons (all uncommon) and 1 uncommon standard shield. Later, for 100k cannon dmg achievement, I got 1 rare cannon. And one more rare cannon from some "3stars" crate (lucky me :)).
    So now I have 2 rare cannons and 1 uncommon cannon (levels 8,5,9) and uncommon turbo instead of shield.
    So far so good ;)
    Standard cannon was extremely useful at the very beginning because of it's short cooldown (5sec). Now it's getting harder... 120-150 per hit, but playing against mk2-mk3-mk4 ships with hitpoints 1100-3500.
    And better weapons as well.
    But I still manage to make some average (per team) damage...
    The only problem is survival with only 750 hp and 2 defence :)
    But this experience is really good, because I will need to survive battles against mk7 ships with legendary weapons of tiers 2-3-4-5 soon. With my "main" account of course ;)
    That's my main problem, actually. My mk7 shooter has nice weapons and deals good damage, but I can not survive long enough even with over 10k of hp. Because of my reckless style of play, lol. I need to be more careful for sure ;)))

JoshW and Agile Vanguard like this.
  4. ShortFlyer

ShortFlyer Active Member

Well, battles are tough for mk1 ship. Obviously ;)
    It usually takes 2-3 shots to kill me. Weapon levels are significantly higher ;)
    The main question is... Where are all those people who just reached captain level 10 (same as me)?
    I can not believe that they all invest money to upgrade ships and weapons right after they started the "real" battles.
    And even the numbers of battles speak for themselves. All those mk3-mk4 ships are captain level 17-20 and 2000-4000 battles already.
    It looks like there are no mk1-mk2 ships here, lol :)

https://replay.battlebay.net/FGJLSXBB#GMVLFPNS

5. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

New players?. In Battle Bay?

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Preposterous! Impossible! Who are these "new players" I hear about?:rolleyes:

7. ShortFlyer

ShortFlyer Active Member

Now I see what are all complaints about.
    Captain level 46 in the battle with significantly lower levels.
    I think devs should just restrict captain levels. No need to think about ship tiers or weapon tiers...

https://replay.battlebay.net/JPCFMNVZ#GMVLFPNS

8. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    I would like that 1000 times if I could

ShortFlyer likes this.
  9. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    Nightmare players are way smarter than the devs. They can seal club with no retribution for doing anything wrong. Maybe captain level would stop the seal clubbing devs. Try adding that to the matchmaking alogorythm

FearsomeChicken and ShortFlyer like this.
  10. ShortFlyer

ShortFlyer Active Member

JoshW and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  11. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Please continue your findings! I’d love to see where this goes.

This is pretty much the average Free To Play player scenario, what happens when you just downloaded the game and what to expect your first month.

Nikkie!, ShortFlyer, xBonk and 2 others like this.
  12. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    I started 2 new accounts and found that once you start getting infamy at captain lvl 10 you will start seeing much higher mk ships. By 800 to 1000 infamy you will be matched against mk5 and mk6. Get one shot killed plenty of times.

Ultrah and ShortFlyer like this.
  13. ShortFlyer

ShortFlyer Active Member

vis1234567899 and JoshW like this.
  14. ShortFlyer

ShortFlyer Active Member

Not exactly. I have about a year experience in the game already. But everything about ships and items - yes, completely free to play experience.

JoshW likes this.
  15. ShortFlyer

ShortFlyer Active Member

Even now I can be killed in 2-3 shots. But that is one of my targets - to learn to survive in battle as long as I can. Because when I'm playing my mk7 shooter, it is totally different. Rush to enemies and deal as much dmg as I can, lol ;)

JoshW likes this.
  16. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

As a L10, you're already seeing mk5s ....

That's honestly really disheartening to hear. It means that the game is probably past the point of saving .. no new update, fix, balance change, expansion or whatever is going to turn this ship around. It's already sailed right into that iceberg ...

Devs, when/if you decide to make another game of this type, give me a shout while it's still in development .. so I can help with items/ships scaling as they should, making sure the right player behavior is encouraged and help making sure that expansion/additions are easier to make .. with the end goal of putting it on the level of other eSports games .. because that's the biggest thing this game is missing.

Last edited: 2 Oct 2018
  17. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a viable explanation why there are so many mk5 at L10?

18. ShortFlyer

ShortFlyer Active Member

Nikkie! and JoshW like this.
  19. ShortFlyer

ShortFlyer Active Member

Well... It's not only about mk5s =)
    Do you like to fight with mk2 and captain lvl 10, who has legendary weapons?
    Lucky for me, he was in my team. The battle finished really quickly =)

IMG_20181003_054906.jpg

JoshW likes this.
  20. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Props to you for taking the time and effort to do this. It seems to me that most forum members are already pretty high level players so we never really see the "little guys" perspective.

ShortFlyer and wcc634 like this.