1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Would Battle Bay Devs Change The Game?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by YerJokinArnYer, 8 Sep 2018.

1. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Players:
    We want a new weapon!
    Devs: Here you go.
    Players: Too underpowered.
    Devs: *Buffs*
    Players: Too overpowered.

Players: We want a new update!
    Devs: Ok, some huge agility changes.
    Players: We don't want it anymore, it messes with our ships.

Players: Gear scores and new game mode
    Devs: New event gamemode based on gear score.
    Players: People are abusing, quitting game.

Sorta makes it hard for the Devs don't you think?

Hazimi and NeptuneGaming like this.
  2. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Partly true, but not entirely. First nobody complaint about the agility, but they did complain about other stuff which could use improvement (ward off Seal Clubbers in the events i.e.). But this has not been fixed properly. Second with a new weapon, it is not complaining if you tell the Devs it can be a bit more powerful or a bit shorter reload time. That is just helping the Devs to make it better.

If nobody gives their opinion it would be even harder for the Devs to know what we do and don't like. So, I don't see giving your opinion as a problem, quite the opposite. But I do believe the relationship between players and Devs and be improved upon. The trust is gone lately, so we all need to rebuild it.

And the abusing part, yes that says something about a lot of players. I receive screenshots from new players every week and every week i see the same Ace and Nightmare players ruining the events for those low end players, who just started and now having to fight people with 1500-5000 Infamy and some who have played up to 40.000 battles.

Regards,
    Flint

3. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

You have not read much of this thread. Or is it your intention to be MVP? The players voted that they want new ship polled by the devs. Everyone wants an update, max agility was never ask for. Gear score MM has been manipulated ever since it was introduced.

4. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    But there would be 6 ships in a 5 v 5 game.

5. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

So .. I hit 4980 infamy this season. I could probably push a little higher if I fleet with certain players, but that's about as high as my skill and items are taking a Shooter.

I'm planning on switching over to enfo/speeder very soon - which involves scrapping some of the max epic items that I'll never use on yellow boats (for epic cells) .. knowing that I'm not going to spend the pearls to switch a few dozen crew talents back over to play shooter.

Anywho - the point is that it would be nice to get some commentary from the devs about what they're planning for the future, what issues do they really think are issues, which ones they planning on addressing, and if they think the game is properly balanced in its current state and so on.

... because I'm going to be peeved if I scrap all these items then they open up the crew training to allow you to play more than a 1 or 2 ships and a handful of items ... or make epic cells more available.

And, I'm going to be really peeved if I put in all that effort and they start balancing out any of the yellow boat dominance ... (e.g., if they fix the nitro bug, balance the enfo double bubble to make the defender a realistic option again, start connecting agility and acceleration to the turbo - so there's an actual cost for enfos/speeders dropping the turbo for an extra blue slot, or if they change fire damage calculations so that one-slot fire/fire bonus weapons aren't so insanely overpowered).

envylife likes this.
  6. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

My thoughts also! Wouldn't it be a good idea to give people at a certain Infamy level a new map? That is how loads of other games work. Makes it worthwhile to try your best and you have something to look forward to. I think it will give the game a boost and especially at your level some new challenges would be welcome.

Regards,
    Flint

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Since when did MVPs become Flavor of the Month?o_O That jab was in really bad taste.

8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

What, you want Devs to actually communicate with players? What a novel idea!

The entire game is RNG... you can't actually plan for anything, you just get to roll with the surprise after surprise.

9. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Just like a lottery!

Regards,
    Flint

10. Mr.Safranek

Mr.Safranek Active Member

If there was a clan battle in the future it would be a pretty big change...
    With special prize or something...

11. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

That is what I have said also, a guild tournament or event. But most ideas from the players won't make it to the game, that is just the problem. Look at Adjusting the sails, a lot of good ideas and also in other threads, but 99% does not make it into the game.

So, why do we keep sharing our thoughts here?

Regards,
    Flint

Last edited: 13 Oct 2018
  12. This Is Me

This Is Me Active Member

Regarding the matchmaking, there have been loads and loads of ideas, criticisms, suggestions and many more. If the matchmaking could've been balnaced it would've been done long back.
    The way i see it, my hunch is that if the matchmaking is balanced then the p2w players with t3 and t4 leggies wont be able to get a better match. Open to all critics to my hunch.
    Regards,
    Where R U Now ?

13. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

In normal battles the matchmaking is not too bad nowadays, but in the events it is terrible. Where 1500-5000 Infamy players go Seal Clubbing with a mk1. Mk2 or mk3 and fit it with weapons 2 to 4 times as strong as the other players. Plus they have much more experience, so the chance that they win is so much mkre than the others.

But you are making a mistake, a mk1 with just 80 battles played can also be a P2W player, only this person just started. But if he or she loses 30 battles in a row. Do you think they keep playing this game or even spend anymore money? Big chance they don't!

Plus not all Seal Clubbers are P2W, they come from both sides.

Worst marketing strategy for a game is unfair matches, but that is exactly what it is going on and this way Rovio scares away new players, aka their (potential) customers. Same happened to people who bought for 99 dollar a pearls package to find a rare turbo and blast cannon, but opened dozens of premium boxes and found only things they never use and not once something they needed.

If you reward people instead of only collecting there money without giving something good in return, then people are holding their wallet closed next time. That is why they need to change this and it can be changed, so more people will keep on playing this game long term. Happy customers will be returning customers and quicker willing to spend thier cash. Simple as that!

Regards,
    Flint

Last edited: 13 Oct 2018
  14. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

If they listen only to the players that spend money the F2P will leave and then the paying ones wont have anyone to club so they will leave too.

15. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I get that you are angry, but calm down. Keep it civil here, please.

That a hit does not register has to do with internet problems from you or the other players, that happens sometimes. That is not the fault of the devs here. Sometimes it is just a lag of 5 seconds sometimes more, then the game 'does not know' where the boat is, due to to a sudden hick up with the internet, It looks like the boat is where you see it, but it is not. Hence no damage is done.

Regards,,
    Flint

(I promised to take a step back.....problem with wanting to help everyone)

ShipCrusherCz and This Is Me like this.
  16. This Is Me

This Is Me Active Member

But still... it's like fighting the enemy where they aren't. How can we win such a battle?

17. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

It is hard I know. I lost an event battle big time because he was all over the place, he could hit us, but we could not hit him.

He had internet problems, because other 3 players were fine.

It happens.

Regards,
    Flint

18. This Is Me

This Is Me Active Member

I know this is kinda off topic, but still it has to be taken care of.
    You gotta admit it, because u can't deny it.
    The day in battle bay is not far when players are gonna get one shotted.
    When u have atleast 3.5k hp and get one shotted. That is the most afk moment I've had in this game ever so far.
    https://replay.battlebay.net/SNGZDQMY#JFTNFFDR

19. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’ve had similar stuff happen, and I’ve got double your hp.

https://replay.battlebay.net/JKKHHSCD#NFGDXGMH

The problem is Shooters with EC. I don’t really want EC to be nerfed more, because it’s one of the few ways that ships with limited weapon slots, like Speeder and Fixer, are able to get a decent burst of damage.

However, Shooters don’t have any problem with DPS, yet nearly all of them are running at least one EC (sometimes as many as three).

As a Speeder player, I find this so unbalanced. It takes time for me to get into range. During that time, I’m having to dodge Torps and Mortars and Mines and Snipers (which do often take their toll). So even before I take my first shot, I’ll often have lost some hp. Then when I do finally get in range to fire my EC, I just get hit straight back with EC, which does much more damage to me than it does a Shooter (proportionally). Then I need to run away again, because I’m out of shots. And again I’m having to dodge everything the Shooter has to throw at me.

I feel like short of some Grenade popping strategy, Speeder is basically a defunct ship now. It needs better defences. Either a significant buff to speed/hp, some rejuvenation of defensive items (such as Tesla Bolt/OB), or Shooters need a nerf.

20. This Is Me

This Is Me Active Member

First off, thanks for telling me that am not the only one going through this bizarre stuff.

Second, shooters definitely need more firepower because they have to face many enemies, like double bubble enforcers, lightning fast speeders and of course tanky defenders. So it is reasonable for them to run more than one EC(because I myself got rekt by a guy with two EC's).

Thirdly, I agree with you. With the recent 3.2, increased agility made shooters and defenders op and bananas nerfed. So it's hard to dodge and dance now, because u either get sniped or exploded or bombed or mortered, because of increase in mortar projectile speed.

Forthly, grenade seems to be a good option, but due to constantly changing waves, grenades often miss, and on a match on midfight movies, it can be used easily, as waves do not change much. I used grenade on enfo but it did not please me much.

Lastly, I too think that speeder needs a buff. It was much hard for me to master it in the start, and i got my ass kicked by shooters. And when I played many battles with speeder, it came to me that,"OMG! This ship is so op!". But now, it feels to me that this ship has become a joke.