1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Which weapons are more suitable for Fixers?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by I Am A Beginner, 15 Sep 2018.

?

Which weapon is more suitable for fixers ?

1. Sniper Cannon

65.6%
  2. Mine

40.6%
  3. Grenade Launcher

6.3%
  4. All is OK

9.4%
  5. I don't konw , it determines on which you are more satisfying

15.6%
  6. I don't konw , it determines on which you are more used to play

18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I Am A Beginner

I Am A Beginner New Member

Last thread: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/how-to-use-mine-not-a-guide.21991/#post-173964
    Thanks for replying me,and I had some some question left though.......I got a EPIC grenade launcher few months ago.But I don't know how to use it,and I'm used to play sniper.After I saw the thread,mine seems good too.I also wants to try other weapons,I found many people are playing it,so now I have difficulties of choosing weapons.Now I'm really confused at it,so I came here for answers.If you had saw this thread,please leave your thoughts and tips,even ideas are fine,thanks.(And reasons...?:))

Last edited: 15 Sep 2018
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

As an easy reference, unless you are really experienced at shooting and healing at the same time, you should follow the following guidelines for choosing your fixer weapon:

1. It should be quick. You need to aim and shoot really fast, and expect to hit your target most of the time.
    2. It should handle assassins. You need to be capable of either being able to make speeders rethink attacking you, or prevent them from doing so completely.
    3. It should require very little thought. If you are a dedicated fixer, you shouldn't waste time thinking of WHEN the weapon needs to be useful, you should be able to unload it without thinking when the time comes.

Given all of this, sniper cannon and mine are both good options. Grenade launcher needs a lot of thought(and I say this as a newbie grenadier myself) and does not protect you against speeders, nor is it quick to aim and shoot, and it also needs a high training and item level to really shine. Least recommended unless you are a highly experienced grenadier, and even then, not highly recommended.

If I ever played fixer(I'm really bad at it, so not likely) I'd carry a carro+snipe combo into battle. Maybe carro+blast cannon, since I'm good with blasts. When it's a question of a single weapon, however, sniper cannons are NEVER a bad idea.

3. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
  4. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

If I played fixer, I'd go mine (for close range deterrent) and fire bomb ( for longer range damage plus advantage of contribution from others shooting burning ship) .
    Sniper, big torp or napalm are also pretty good options too IMO .

PastelPiku likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

Would love to see you fight a shooter mk7 with a duct tape...
    *Sees PastelPiku tape the top of the enemy shooter's grenade launcher*
    Oh.

ShipCrusherCz and PastelPiku like this.
  6. PastelPiku

Security
    Real talk, for just 1 weapon, point damage is preferred. You want reliability so you can defend yourself. Once you get 2 slots you'll have a lot more freedom. If you wanna stick to offensive weapons, try flare + ex cannon for a good balance of burst and support. If you just want support weapons, look towards incendiary weapons and mines. Of the choices you listed in the poll, I'd take sniper. It's a very reliable weapon at long range and decently reliable at close range (it'll hit but not hurt so much when it doesn't crit). Personally I just like to bring 2 blasts on my fixer, I've gotten top damage many times that way.

7. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Sniper cause you want to fight long range, out of the battlefield but close to your teammates.

ShipCrusherCz and PastelPiku like this.
  8. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I don't konw...

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  9. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

PastelPiku and Capt.Shucho11 like this.
  10. ChickenSurprise

ChickenSurprise Active Member

Healing you up
  11. ChickenSurprise

ChickenSurprise Active Member

Healing you up
    Good points above, just want to add that you can use quick weapons or support weapons for your team ie napalm or fb

PastelPiku likes this.
  12. Lucent

Lucent New Member

The best weapon for a fixer is the easiest and most accurate sniper cannon. But don’t focus on damage, you only have one weapon slot. Focus on healing your teammate who has 2-5. If you keep them alive they can do far more damage than you can.

13. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I like long reload weapons that dont need alot of time to aim like missiles or firebomb and then something close range when you're being blitzed like grenade or any cannon

TheAntiSnipe and PastelPiku like this.
  14. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Napalm and mines are perfect for the area control they provide, as a fixer you'll usually want to set up a defensive position.
    Flare gun is brilliant for lighting up those infiltrating speeders/enfos and sending them running. The added damage to your teams cannons will also massively boost your star earning potential.

15. PastelPiku

Security
    Oh ye, and a carronade is a great tool to punish those pesky speeders when they try to rush you.

16. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    I don't know much of anything about Grenades, but I would suggest you don't use Mines. They aren't going to do much against smart assassin Speeders, and you want to be able to defend yourself. Of the three, I'd suggest Sniper Cannon, but ultimately it comes down down to what you're good with. If you're a monster with a Big Torpedo, then by all means, go ahead.

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

Lead time is massive, and when assassins are after you, it'll feel like you're swinging a greatsword at a fly. Not recommended unless you have all "bolt-scope" type weapons(torps and bolts only)

wcc634 likes this.
  18. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    Naplam is excellent for fixer.if u know how to use,it can dictates matches

19. TheAntiSnipe

Lol napalm mine fixers are the scariest tho

20. Poupichou

Poupichou Member

Sniper is a great weapon, but not at the begining : you need to increase critical% before.
    If you have sniper with less than 15 or 20% to do critical strike -> use canon or blast ...

Sniper is good after tiers3 rare or tiers2 epic, to equip the absolutely needed perks.

Attached Files:

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.