1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Balancing 3.2 Ship agility balance (13/09)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 13 Sep 2018.

1. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Hello battlers!
    We have another pass of ship agility changes coming in hot.
    Ship agility/Turret agility
    Shooter 70/70 -> 60/70
    Enforcer 120/130 -> 100/110
    Defender 50/50 -> 50/60
    Speeder 90/90 -> 80/90
    Fixer 70/110 -> 70/90

Reasoning:
    We are pretty happy with the current numbers, however we decided to make the turret slightly faster than the ship agility on all ships, this is to offset the random variations that waves can have on aiming. This change should make it easier to lock and keep your aim on the target you want, regardless of waves.

Enforcer stood out as a ship that was a bit too agile, so agile even that it was hard to make precise actions when needed, so we tuned it down slightly.

Fixer also got a bigger turret agility reduction, however it's still higher in comparison to ship agility when comparing to other ships, due to the fixers need to be able to quickly fire off repair bolts and boxes in often quite different directions.

2. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    I am the first one here :p:D

HAPPY SITHSHA, Dobson and PastelPiku like this.
  3. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Any chance the speeder may see a small speed buff? Other than that, keep up the good work!

4. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Second is @PastelPiku ,and I'm the third one:p:p

Oh,forget to tell this. Thanks for the hotfix;););)

5. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Thank goodness ! Hope I can now run my enforcer like I used to do. In some situations I couldn't even steer my enforcer how I wanted(like you stated in your post). Hope this adjustment will solve this problem now thanks !
    And also speeder now definitely needs a small buff in speed( or hp), like @PastelPiku said, and I hope you understand why

6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

What about a fix for the defender shooting over targets in close range bug?

7. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Yes please fix this, it happens when changing weapons and immediately firing too, even at the same target.

FataMorgana88 and *JAWS* like this.
  8. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    I tried enforcer before this last fix. I was throwing crap over and into walls. Hopefully my grenades hit players on other maps.

For Shooter, i would have someone directly in front of me, and it would simply not target them. Apparently my Smart Targeting is not part of the Mensa Society.

9. EduardoMeliss

EduardoMeliss Member

The Fixer is perfect like this.
    It came out of a risky situation, easily, it had stopped being an easy target, please do not make hasty changes, what sad news, why adjust to the Fixer if it was the only boat that did not show any inconveniences:mad::mad:

FataMorgana88 and Sewah like this.
  10. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Enforcer felt pretty good after my first post-hotfix battle. Don't be surprised to see enforcer ranks swell now that the ship doesn't feel like a bar of soap sliding across a wet shower floor.

Last edited: 13 Sep 2018
    The Grim Repair likes this.
  11. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Are you blind?? It clearly says TURRET AGILITY was changed. Turret agility doesn't help you dodge shots whatsoever

ShipCrusherCz and Reorge like this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Oh ok cool
    Edit: Enfo is now perfectly balanced, great job devs!

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  13. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Good work Devs on Fixing this.

Now for full on balancing fixes...weapons, speed items...some of the moves have been held off for 6months.

Also...time to shut down guild rivalry exploits of allowing 100 people to contribute for 1 guild just for a cheap win.

Let's stop all guild contribution points from new guild members for 1 week.

But....Again Great hotfix devs. Shows the on the spot fixes once a week you can do to vastly improve this game.

Jaws

14. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hi Zeus,

Thanks for the news. I don't want to be negative, but 10% is not much of a difference. I was happy with th Enforcer before the new agility and so hoped you would give us a slicer, like many asked for. But again, our idea is not been taken over. Which is sad! That is why so many people are frustrated if you read the posts here.

And for me 10% less is just enough, not by far. I don't get why you don't listen more to us (it is not only me).

Kind regards,
    Flint

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Quite right and also fix the mismatches in the events for once! Seal Clubber galore in the low ranges, every week the same people and reporting does not do anytning against them. You see mk1 and mk2 with T5 rare or legendary against people with a T2 uncommon or T1 or T2 rare....guess who wins?

16. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Shooter feels almost back to where it used to be. I realize that's impossible since it's much higher than it was before. It doesn't have the agile feeling. You should have boosted the Turret not lowered agility. Either way, you wouldn't have to keep "fixing" things if you gave us control over our own ships with sliders. Instead of trying to please 10,000 different people. If you feel that one thing needs to be higher than the other to work properly then give us sliders with presets that make sure they rise or fall in tandem.

17. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

OMG! Again...? Stop messing with it.

:D:D:D:D

18. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

You are so right!

Devs you have seen how angry people were after the update, then show you care and listen to us! But again you go your own way and that is the whole problem why people are so frustrated, because ideas from us are hardly ever taken into account.

For the first time since I started playing Battle Bay I am also thinking of quiting. No idle threat, but it is just no fun to play anymore for me. I just swtiched to Enforcer Mk5 which I thought was the best ships I ever had and then they messed it up and came again with an update where nobody ever asked for.

But as with a lot of other updates it is putting bandages on and not properly fixing it and not listening to the community.

Regards,
    Flint

This Is Me likes this.
  19. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Yep ... There's this fine line on the stick between where you're moving forward at an angle vs stopping and rotating .. Of course, if you go slightly too far, then you lose all momentum and acceleration. And, on a shooter or defender, the acceleration is gawd awful .. so ... yeah ...

I guess we're back to watching our ships (instead of the targets down range) in the hope that we can avoid turning slightly too far .. and becoming a floating turd for the next 30 seconds while our boats struggle to build up any semblance of speed.

Hmm .. the glass half-full view is that we don't have to deal with floating as long each match .. the 10% faster projectiles should end our misery much quicker.

20. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    They're listening. We've had multiple fixes since the update. They're just not fixing it correctly.