1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Would Battle Bay Devs Change The Game?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by YerJokinArnYer, 8 Sep 2018.

1. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

This is one of the best ideas in this thread, give this man a cookie!

NeptuneGaming likes this.
  2. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

IMG_0026.jpg Sealclubbing in death matches needs to stop. Stop mean like a complete stop. Nothing hadn't been done till now. Nightmare level mk7 plavers with 25k battle experience are matched with mk4 players with 3000 battle experience not at all fair. Why would a player wanna fight at such a high level of craziness. Events are for fun but not anymore. In TDM players are suppose to try different ship but that doesn't mean to grab a mk7 ship and just come with couple of leg weapons with a shield on it. I don't know how to fix this issue but it would better if infamy is taken in consideration a long with gearscore in TDM. Kindly and thank you. Happy sailing.
    Example such players.

Last edited: 11 Sep 2018
  3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

It's not copying lol. No matter what you do or add to a game there will always be another game with a similar feature. There are thousands of games. You will not find something to add that isn't in a different game

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  4. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

IMO this is not the appropriate thread to report this issue.

Nikkie!, benguin8 and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  5. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Nice idea... Any drawbacks??

6. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Well there is always something to discover..

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  7. Oggog

Oggog Active Member

Since I don't know the numbers on how soon people drop out, I don't know that I can say this is an issue for keeping new players but... I think the problem lies more with progression and game balance. Except for VERY early on, the ship progresses at a snails pace unless you drop HUGE money. You are constantly pitted against bigger load outs knowing it will be months before you can progress your ship enough to take on that next level. The game has always had unbalanced game play because of this. I understand the goal is to make money and they were hoping to net in some big whales but I think it is ultimately killing the game because of the disparity in ship power at all levels of infamy. I think the way they earn direct payments from players should be rethought.

Something like playing and earning experience levels up your captains and then when that is reached you can use higher tier weapons. You are only ever put against people on the same captain level and then matched within that bracket. Earn money with subscriptions that are actually appealing. Higher tier subscription gets you tons of perks that aren't necessarily game balance changing. Keep at least the entry level tiers low enough that even the lowest budget can afford. Something like 99 cents to have some cool widget or something. Get people hooked into subscribing and get better stuff with higher tier subscriptions.

This will keep the game fun at all levels, doesn't have the feeling of class warfare we get from politics all the time and we can still have a way to progress. I think the game mechanics are fine both as they are now and as they were before. I think all the uproar is simply because of such a big change and lack of communication on what and why before it was done.

It may be too late to switch to something like this but it's not too late to allow for a better feeling of progression and at least the illusion that I can catch up and balance out with that big spender. Right now there is no hope that I will ever have the weapons that the top 100 players have unless I win the lotto. I'm not a fan of paying the stupid tax (lotto is the only volunteer tax that I am aware of) so I'm not likely to win that.

Ultimately I feel that the players that are hanging on are either very wealthy or very stubborn and patient. These don't seem like broad appeal categories. "Come play our game where you need to be insanely rich or insanely stubborn!"

NeptuneGaming likes this.
  8. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Agree completely with this. The game needed a cheap hook like 99 cents or $1.99 for a mini-subscription where you get like 25 pearls every week for a month and 1-extra guild quest selection for a month. This would give new players a sense they have "skin in the game" and it doesn't break the game economy. They still can do this. But time and time again, the in-game purchases are geared towards getting one guy to spend $1000, versus getting 50 people to spend $25.

NeptuneGaming, TVNPryde and envylife like this.
  9. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

I'll have my facts and have my pun: That ship has sailed.

Latest update just another in a loooong string of actions showing the BB dev team is mentally and physically incapable of simply giving the players the clean straightforward fixes they ask for. There always has to be a twist, some weird kind of detour. If you ask the BB dev team for a peach, they will give you a nectarine instead and try to convince you that's what you really wanted. EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE PERFECTLY GOOD PEACHES SITTING ON THE COUNTERTOP RIGHT OVER THERE. That's just how they roll.

What's Up Player likes this.
  10. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Good idea this thread, thanks!

But right away comes my criticism, we have talked about all these issues in length over the years. And the problem is, it hardly ever changes! We get updates where nobody ever asked for. And that is because the Devs don't really listen to us. They come up with their own ideas, which is fine that they have ideas. I applaud them for it. But it seems more a matter of 'we know best what you want, instead of what do you want'. There is hardly any communication with the player field, except for a handful chosen ones. But I know several of them and one has even said 'they just don't listen that well, they always follow their own instincts and that way often ignore what the community brings in'.

We have seen it with the latest update, I never ever heard anybody complain about the agility! But I did hear the players say merge rudder and turret into one item. But as often the case, the ideas of the players are ignored. So many people disliked the maxed agility event, only a hand full like it. So, what does that tell us? That you should make it permanent? The opposite! I think it is quite arrogant and stubborn to just do something which they apparently like, so we must swallow it. They know best and we just don't, that is not an attitude which builds trust between them and us, does it?

Many people asked for a slider for the agility, what did they do: no slider! Again: no! I heard people complain who play 4 hours or more a day, nobody of the Devs does play that much. If BMW thinks it is okay to make a square steering wheel and all the BMW drivers say no, okay then we round the corners by 10%. Do you think someone will buy another BMW? Nope! They listen to their drivers.

And the most frustrating thing, they come with an update where nobody asked for, but the real problems are not being solved or only half. Like the matchmaking in the events. Where people with a mk1 and mk2 have to fight a Nightmare player who uses 3 epic shields full of epic perks and has over 5500 HP. I reported him several times, but does it change or does he get banned? Nope! No wonder people leave this game within a week or two Funny to see players with 80 to 200 damage weapons trying to kill someone with 5500 HP. Or another Nightmare player who picks his mk2 and put a T5 rare on it, leaves his yellow and blue slot open and is in the same battle as people who use a T2 common or uncommon standard cannon and flare. Guess who wins? One shot wonders.

Or what to think of the guild rivalry. It is a joke! One week you win and then are in the same rivalry as guilds with twice the Infamy. Bye fair play policy!

They want to attract new players and keep current players in, but all they did with the new update is scare people away, even long term players. Making the game more balanced will attract new players, fixing the guild rivalry will keep players in, not letting a mk1 who reaches 400 Infamy be all of a sudden in a battle with only mk4s and mk5s, will keep players in. But nope, it does not happen. And that is why people leave. That is just pure logic?

I try to point them at problems, that is why I posted 100s of screenshots from family and friends who sent them to me and some are of my own battles. I never got a reply of the Devs 'okay we look into it'. That way we as players know you take us seriously. But now I have spent so many hours posting stuff and I think for what did I do it? I tried to help the Devs improve the matchmaking and that way help the new players.

A lot of the family and friends who started playing this game left within two weeks, because they were in battle with their mk1 and got killed in just 1 or 2 shots every time. Everybody knows how discouraging that is. So you expect a proper fix, but no, instead of an update for something entirely different.

And then there is the gambling system. It is one giant lottery as some other person pointed out in an old post and he or she was right. For example when you get 10 items pieces you cannot decide what you want. After a year I finally had 10 yellow legendary pieces and wanted a Nitro or Overboost, but of course I got something I did not want. So a year was wasted collecting these items. Do you think this will entice people to spend money? Nope again! Same is with the crates, I know people who bought 100 dollars or some even more worth of pearls. So he hoped he would find the gear which he so needed. So he opened chest after chest after chest and found none of the item he wanted, so he wasted a 100 dollars. If that is not gambling, than what is? Needless to say this person never spend any dime again in this game.

The other problem is new players get offers for 4,99 or 9,99 dollars and get 3x rare and epic stuff, 10 day pearl diver and 10 chests. And I get offers of 1 epic turbo for 49.99 dollar. Are you kidding me? I can buy a whole console game for that money, or 10 second hand.

This game could be so much better and have many more players, but then Rovio needs a different attitude and strategy. As long as that does not change, we are not going forward with this game and perhaps backwards. And we get updates, while the main problem won't be tackled and new problems arrive with the new update. But there is no time to fix it properly, so the problems and bugs will mount and mount. Some will get a bandage but in truth needed stitches, so the problem looks fixed, but in truth isn't. If you have a flat tire on your car, you will fixed that first before you will install a new wifi. Duct tape won´t do the trick, you need a proper fix.

So in short:

- listen to the players (really listen, not just reading want we want and doing exact the opposite, what now too often happens)

- fix the matchmaking for normal and events.

- stop the gambling aspect and let us buy for reasonable price items. (More people will spend money when they know what they buy)

- stop letting Seal Clubbers roam free, especially in the events.

But as I said it has all been discussed in length over the past years, so I am not overly positive it will change now. Although of course I hope it does.

Nothing what I said here was meant disdainfully, but a MOD asked me not to hold back and so I spoke my mind.

And we all like this game, but at the moment I don't know if I want to continue. The agility for the Enforcer has been toned down by 10%, that is nothing. So, my favourite boat will remain unplayable for me. I am not going to play a game which makes me dizzy. And I have turned enough circle with my Enforcer, because that is all what I could do.

Kind regards,
    Flint

11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That was a very good post, Flint. I think it really reflects the community's thoughts. We need more updates like the "From Battle Bay With Love" one where the devs made quality of life improvements after listening to players, but we need them to focus on more major issues now. Enfo agility, as you said, still makes some people dizzy. Matchmaking in events, even in ranked, STILL a major issue.

I teach speeders and enforcers. I see a speeder/enforcer on chat, I add them ASAP and ask them if they need help in advanced tactics for their ships, if just a taste of it. Most of the time, they say yes. They come to me with all sorts of problems. How do I flank? Which route is the best way to sneak into an enemy formation with none the wiser? How to channel DPS effectively? How to lead shots while overboosting hard, with an enemy team shooting at you, and your target literally at max range for your weapon?

Sure, these queries may seem trivial to more experienced speeders/enfos out there, but for these folks, knowing them is their ticket to a higher league.

But as of recent times, the requests have gotten more convoluted. "How do i 180° a defender?" used to be a noob question for Pete's sake. Now it's something even I find tough to answer.

"How do I fight a mk6?" -- "Okay, you..." -- "With a mk4?" -- "Pray."

Well, what can I say to these people? That someone who has played 5000+ battles in a speeder cannot answer them?

And then it obviously, eventually happens. They stop coming over. They don't show up in Global chat, they don't appear in your "Recently online" area. People who used to grind 250+ battles a week. Just gone.

It's heartbreaking, really. Back in the early access days, or even back in 2017, these people with their acquired skills would be in Ace league with their mk4s. Now they struggle to hide being chased by stupid mk6s with their stupid, spammy legendary weapons. Maybe they don't hit, maybe they do. But at less than 3000 HP with a small shield equipped, a hit is almost sure to be a near-kill.

Devs. Need. To put infamy restrictions on MKs and gear. Based off of infamy. This insanity with the mk6s in Master has to end. You're now gaining players with the agi update, right? Now's the time you guys get around to doing a permanent job on the matchmaking so that you keep 'em coming and keep them in the game.

12. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    At least the MM been fixed. I now see 50 infamy mk5s in the normal range with me.

13. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hey Buddy!

Thank you! It is not only mk6s with legendary, I see Nightmare players who have a mk7, but use a mk1 to mk4 and fitted with legendaries or T4 or T rares. As I said they leave yellow slots open and sometimes the blues also. I have seen Enforcers with just 1 weapons fitted, a leggy and this person did more damage than the other 9 players combined.

But as you know I posted so many screenshots and I made even more, but why should I keep posting them if I am the only one and I get 0 response from the Dev team?

I don't know what I will do, but it takes too much effort for me to play and I don't like to play Shooter or Defender. I did try Defender, but Enfo and Speeder were my favourites. Maybe I stop for a couple of months or just find another past time. Not that I want to, but I see no other way. And as our ideas for a slider are not being taken over (typical), then I see no point to wait.

Sad, because I like the game and its people!

Kind regards,
    Flint

Last edited: 14 Sep 2018
    xxxBISMARCKxxx and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  14. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

The new agility won't attract new players, a better matchmaking will!

15. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

How about a battle royale feature?
    In this mode you spawn in and there anre different items of different levels and rarities on the floor
    Make the maps the locations to land
    And make a final circle of coure
    You can select a ship in the start which is automatically mk6
    And add skins for in game purchases
    This will make.people explore the map more and there can be options of solo/duo/squad to play with friends
    I feel like this will be a well recieved idea

16. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Several people, myself included, have opted for an option to customize your boat. This way they can earn money as well, but as with the other ideas, it has never been picked up. Plenty of games where they don't ave this tiresome lottery system and you can buy whatever you want, skins, decals, etc and gear also. They sell quite good and it makes the game more fun if you can pimp you ship.

There are lots of things you ca add to the store, like
    - colour
    - extra large exhaust pipes
    - stripes
    - name
    - a (country) flag
    - some flashy light
    - decals
    - etc

I believe in one of the other games tney charge 0.99 to 1.99 for these things and they sell quite well.

Best wishes,
    Flint

17. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Like you said, a lot of people just left and are gone. I have seen so many people leave also. Some great characters, who were a great asset to the community. But they left because of the above mentioned issues.

And since the update I even miss more of them in the Chill Zone. I hope they will return, but some of them scrapped everything.

Such a waste!

Cheerio,
    Flint

Last edited: 14 Sep 2018
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello All,

This was said to us a while back

'Fair play is - the essence of what makes competition good. If we feel others don't play by the rules or try to bend, circumvent or ignore them - the competition becomes foul and not fun anymore.'

And that is just what happened from day one in the events and also with the guild rivalry.

So, how come we get rules, but in events these rules go out of the window every week? I have reported many of those Nightmare players who use a mk1 or mk2 and fit it with too strong weapons for this league and ruin the game entirely for new players.

Sorry, I just don't get that! And I may be a whiner (fine by me), but all I try to achieve the Devs will make this game fairer. I don't see who would have anything against that, especially the new players who quit after being slaughtered by these Seal Clubbers.

Best wishes,
    Flint

19. This Is Me

This Is Me Active Member

I have no words for this shit. Rovio and the devs and battle bay, (censored, high level profanity shall be moderated). No offence.
    (Censored replay code)
    Look at my level and theirs. Look at my team and their team.
    BRAVO devs you have made a wonderful game
    BRAVO
    (Image censored, namecalling prohibited, please blur names in the future)

Last edited by a moderator: 16 Sep 2018
  20. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

There was no need to be so rude towards the Devs. You said no offense, if you don't want to offend, then mind your words.

Regards,
    Flint