1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Balancing 3.2 Hotfix Notes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 6 Sep 2018.

1. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Thanks for the effort, but there are still issues to solve.

Enfo's best move seems to be the "Tornado" that JoeyWho ilustrated perfectly on a video. But it doesn't help at all to avoid shots. It's a mess. Agility is still to much to handle.

On the other hand, Defenders and Shooters seem to be happy that they can handle their boats now. But the huge buff to Agility and Turret is still there and we Yellow Boats can't dare to come close. You're keeping the balance-break. If you keep it this way, Enfos and Speeders will be condemned to play mid-long range and no longer will Carronade be seen in yellow boats.

I know Defenders needed a buff and heavy Enfos were controling the bay, but this change forces several playstyle changes and removes -as others have said- an entire feature of skill. It also buffs shooters, that were relatively balanced (with a pair of OP weapons -Railgun and Missiles- tough).

If you keep this change, the well-hated METAS (DoubleBubble+ 2xFlareGun+Blast/Grenade+Blast+Mine) will be the only options for Enforcers.

I really hope you realise the mistake and reduce agility and turret agility for all boats.

2. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

the speeder is still dead!
    maybe it's time to resurrect the tela bolt and frost???????

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I managed to land a 180° snap back + hit in less than a second, I remember testing that thing with maxed agility, and it wasn't possible back then. The feeling you're getting, then, is probably the high turret agility balancing out the twitchiness of the high ship agility.

I feel the speeder being really balanced, in fact it feels better than what an optimized speeder would be for me.

4. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    My speeder is the opposite of dead...it's an agile lethal war machine (as always)!

#CK and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Thats so?? Let me put my speeder out of the garage.

6. TheAntiSnipe

Take my word for it, you'll LOVE speeder as it is now...
    Look at how I ran it, this takes me back to my mk4 rudder days fo' sho
    https://replay.battlebay.net/MPPGHBJX#SHRNBCQR

Nicolas and Ash KOT like this.
  7. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    It's mainly rudder users who are taking the punch in the gut here, what made us useful was given to everyone overnight, literally every ship now countering our playstyles. I've talked with a few rudder users and most of them agree. We feel the most hurt by this update, despite getting a free item out of it. I'd much rather drop this standard shield and continue using a rudder against enemies who may or may not have agility as well. All this movement feels like it's going to waste now. Why did I spend so much time practicing my close combat maneuvers? Should I just ditch all of that skill and technique?

8. TheAntiSnipe

Hold on, Joey made a vid! Time to go check it out!
    Edit: Um... This is embarassing, I can't find his channel xD

9. DragonLegend

Tried it... So stable and powerful.
    Just One Thing " Can I have It in Orange "

Nicolas and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

LOL

11. TheAntiSnipe

No, man, build on top of it! A lot of moves that were previously limited by turn rate are now possible, try it out, you'll be pleasantly surprised!

12. DragonLegend

Actually i know what you are taking about. Enfo had the agility as its mvp now sure enfo has more agility but its too much for any use. I have lost my enfo play style and now learning this all new ship.

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. Yanij

Yanij Member

Defender was working fine y did you have to reduce it ?? After whole year it was again fighting with other boats and you haven't reduced it for enforcers so defender could also have been left alone

14. CHUCK NORRIS

CHUCK NORRIS Member

My leg 10 gear lube with perks and training was higher then what they changed my turret too. This is absolute lunacy how they screwed over defenders so bad. Devs we get it you don’t like defenders don’t insult our intelligence thinking we have brain damage with 0 intelligence with pathetic justifications for your reasoning just remove defender ship from the game already. Devs try to justify with the stats and I can interpret stats anyway I want but facts is facts defender is the biggest ship on the bay double the size of a shooter with hit box, has the slowest turret in the game, a person with 99% blindness could hit a defender from across the map with a sneeze to hit their fire button and not miss! So stop with the utter complete nonsense and give defenders love already. I challenge the devs to have 3 devs above 3k infamy play 5k games ranked matches get into nightmare and stay in nightmare without using any devs mods to do it. Bet there is not 3 devs let alone 1 who can take that challenge!

15. Yanij

Yanij Member

Yes first it was with the ec and they gave justification but fact remains it affected defenders the most after that all the top defenders vanished because it was must on defender after so long there was something positive that happened and defender felt alive again but it lasted a day and when I saw first update I did say this will get roll back soon and that's what has happened Dev delete blue already if you don't like it we get it just don't give us hope

JediKnight1968, inder and *JAWS* like this.
  16. Prime Lightning

Prime Lightning Member

Just make Defenders 60/60 please. It was almost perfect yesterday. 50/50 is still way better than pre update, but less than if you had max lube or rudder. I think 60/60 would be best imo.

Smag, *JAWS*, XQT and 4 others like this.
  17. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I'm limited by the enemy having far more than enough agility to keep up with me now. You've seen how I used to play. That stuff doesn't work anymore. I can never get in close without taking heavy damage, unless I immediately nitro away and deal 0 damage myself.

18. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

I might be wrong but we probably wouldn't even have to see this happening if they really did :).

ShipCrusherCz and BattleRascal like this.
  19. Yanij

Yanij Member

Yes it was perfect yesterday

Smag, inder, XQT and 1 other person like this.
  20. Battle Bae

Battle Bae New Member

Agreed

Smag, #CK, BBayer and 1 other person like this.