1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 3.2 "Hitting the rapid!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 4 Sep 2018.

1. Smag

Smag Member

At higher infamies players are usually smart enough to just sit in the capture area when there's a speeder flying around the map trying to hide. Then the speeder heads to the capture spot to try and stop it.. and gets killed by the ships capturing. No need to fruitlessly chase it down.

2. NEMESIS

NEMESIS New Member

You have totally destroyed the game! made it "easier" for new players.... but what about the old ones? that have been playing since the beginning, Who have been playing and PAYING for a game that they love and for the game to continue! Perfecting our skills over hours and hours means sweet nothing at this point and i am sure there are legal actions that can be taken against you as you have completely changed the game play for many paying customers.. You will be losing me and I am sure many other players by your bold move. Hope you have many new players joining to make up for your losses

3. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Funny the top ten still filled with guess what//// skilled bananas!!! Get gud!

Turkett

4. Terry Morgan

Like i said the top skilled enfos and speeders are really tough to deal with and even more so now

Turkett

5. Terry Morgan

Hey someone else finally figured that out!!!! Cudos!!!

Turkett

Smag likes this.
  6. Terry Morgan

Everyone was whining and complaining about rudder and gear lube EXCEPT the ones that actually used them. So they fixed it now the same ones are whining and complaining about it EXCEPT the ones that were happy using rudder and gear lube already. Careful what u wish for!!!!

Turkett

*JAWS* and PastelPiku like this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

There are two Speeders in the top ten right now, but that’s quite a small sample, and a lot can depend on when you look, and how people fleet.

If you want to seriously talk numbers (instead of just trolling) these are the stats for all of Nightmare. Shooters are more common than all the other ships combined. Speeder usage is actually way down (and has been for months).

E7B20A08-1E84-4296-B77A-B55EE60ACF03.jpeg

Last edited: 6 Sep 2018
  8. Stig

Stig Member

Solution. Just turn collisions on and colliding with enemy boatscauses damage. Defender would be fun.

Oh and also fix the other stuff. I just hope the arguments amongst the devs aren't nearly as bad as it is here......

Terry Morgan likes this.
  9. Smag

Smag Member

What does that solve..

10. Stig

Stig Member

I originally wrote something else that would have been more clear that I was being sarcastic. I imagined A M ramming people out of frustration over usability arguments. Also referencing the argument about nitrousing straight through another ship.
    "Fix the other stuff" meant the problems of the update.

Collisions would be fun though. But my original post got diluted by backspacing.

11. Lord Chemist

Lord Chemist New Member

Every time I open this game I hope the see the stats returned to normal. I think if they boosted the turning speed a little for the slower ships but keep the turret speed the same, most people wouldn't mind... Maybe... Any ideas on this?

12. El rey beto

El rey beto New Member

several members of my Guild are thinking delete the game by this update. is horrible thing top speed arreglenla please if not for me removal of the game and cancelaré my VIP I hope your prompt response

13. kneefall

kneefall New Member

I dont like the agility boost its good for event only not for regular ranks bad update

14. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I briefly tried out Enforcer and Speeder in addition to Shooter. I don't like the behavior of any of them.

My issue is entirely with the Rudder... I can deal with a fast Turret, but not with a squirrely boat. Have you ever tried to direct a sailboat without a keel? Battle Bay ship control is now a lot like that

In the games I played today it struck me that boats look like they are walking on ice with sneakers, slower and more deliberate in their actions to avoid getting out of control. There are less flybys and less juking back and forth. Imagine if they put on Ice skates instead of sneakers, then it becomes the old Battle Bay.. everyone nimble and graceful, cutting purposeful directed paths across the ice. I'm now forced to use Cruise Control so I can spend my time aiming instead of being distracted by over-steering, and all my strategic movements are no longer available. It went from a two thumb to a one-thumb game.

And the real sign that something went terribly wrong... the fact that Cruise Control, Assisted Steering, and Autopilot were added to the game at all.

Boeggla, Smag and Ænima like this.
  15. shelldonz

shelldonz New Member

If you make Gear Lube and Rudder more useful for defenders when used in combat, the turret agility and speed agility increases for a few seconds as like as "overboost" on yellow boats, it will be better than removing them from this game. And this mess will never happen.

16. SykleDrop

SykleDrop Member

Done. Over this game. Give me back control of my damn ship and I’ll happily pick it back up. Unsubscribing from VIP.
    CANT DRIVE IN A STRAIGHT LINE AND TRY TO TURN WITHOUT FINDING MYSELF IN 360s. Stupid as hell. Players should have the option to take part in full agility. I chose to use the lube, others didn’t. Taking that choice away is wrong.

17. Epicular

Epicular Well-Known Member

Creator of BayStats
    FULL DISCLAIMER: THESE STATS ARE VERY OUTDATED. I'm working on getting the website fixed (since the big changes in the item roster broke it).

Edit: stats are back up to date! Surprisingly, not as much has changed as I thought would change...

18. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

This connected the dots for me. At first I couldn't understand why they would take items that were admittedly not used and make them mandatory for everyone - "Rudder and Gear Lube are bad no one wants them, let's make them permanent for everyone!" - but now I get it.

They specifically designed the ships' agility around the idea of new players using Camera Relative Steering (CRS).

Zeus says it right in his post - carefully read the "Camera-Relative steering is significantly more fun when ships have higher agility" bullet and sub-bullets. He is essentially saying "steering was too hard for new players, new players like CRS, but CRS only works well with max agility, and we want new players so we made this change." They clearly think that the length of time it takes to learn to control the ship is causing new players to drop out before they can master it.

But, if it were just about the learning curve and not to make CRS work, they would have just given all ships their normal MK7 agility at MK1.

Did you know that you can't go in Reverse with Camera Relative Steering on unless you specifically go in and check the "Reverse" option? They clearly intend new players to go in with camera relative steering on and this high agility makes it so they can turn and get to / shoot their enemies without having to ever go in reverse.

This is the ultimate pander to the new player, and it will certainly result in a mass exodus from the Bay. Hopefully for them the new players will love CRS so much they can replace the time, money, and culture loss.

19. Smag

Smag Member

Yeah I thought that was pretty clear.. the update was entirely meant to appease new players by dumbing everything down. Which is stupid.. when I was a new player like 4 months ago or so.. it wasn’t confusing to me. It felt natural after a few games and I’m not even a big gamer.

I can imagine anyone who would use this new control scheme would be toast playing against seasoned players or they would dump it altogether for the old controls after dying so many times.. or they’d give up and delete the game out of frustration. So really this doesn’t solve anything.

All I can say is I enjoy the defender now with new agility but the games mechanics have been hampered across the board. Quite a drastic change to make.. the only good excuse would be if the game was losing money and they were desperate for new players but I doubt this game is losing money as is.. people pay for subscriptions watch tons of ads buy items.. they’re making money and this wasn’t necessary and probably will cost them in the end. It’s just a shame they didn’t spend the time and effort they put into this failed idea into actual things that players would have enjoyed and would have made us want to play MORE instead of less.

But in the end.. they are a business and money talks and the dollars will ultimately decide whether this idea was a failure or not. I have a feeling their income will see a measurable drop from the whole debacle.

20. Pleocoma

Pleocoma New Member

Don't forget auto targeting. I wonder what people would think if we didn't have auto targeting to aim and track for us.

With the update, my skill does not really matter anymore and if I am being totally honest, it's not really that much fun anymore.
    I am not trying to trash talk, there is enough hate on this thread already. But it is honest feedback. I enjoyed the game while it was good and I hope that at some point it might be fun for me to play again.
    I am glad some people like the change. It is just a game, after all.

VantaBlack and PastelPiku like this.