1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 3.2 "Hitting the rapid!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 4 Sep 2018.

1. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

i don't think that's balanced, so a defender would never had an option to win against a nitro speeder, now it's 50/50

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    I think your argument is ridiculous, not you as a person. :)

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  3. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I'm not sure this game works on tradeoffs ...

What is an Enfo if not a more agile, more tanky, harder to hit defender ... ?

Think of the double bubble as 2 big shields - although they probably absorb more damage (or discourage more players from taking shots) than a big shield does over the course of a match. The OB as a turbo. And, they have a big shield, small shield, and 3 weapons.

More tank, more agility, and harder to hit .. for what trade off? They don't have the option of using dual ECs, but the BC has a higher dps anyways.

4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

My point is, it’s clearly different, there are a lot of variables that have changed, so it’s fairly optimistic to assume that it will all magically be balanced somehow.
    You don’t know that it’s 50/50. Defender has triple the hp and more weapons. If the Speeder is no longer able to avoid those shots consistently then it will massively favour the Defender. You have no idea where the current balance is now.

5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

6. Smag

Smag Member

Green just means it’s maxed out

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  7. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

seems like we have different points of view, just passing a defender with nitro it's not the only way to attack them.

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

No one said it was the only way to attack them. In fact, it doesn’t need to have anything to do with attacking. Maybe I’m on fire, and just want to get away from the Defender before he kills me.

Yesterday, I could (hopefully) Nitro past him and try to escape, today I can’t. While it may not be the only thing I can do, it is certainly one less thing.

I’m not even saying whether it’s good or bad. There is an incredibly small chance that you are right, and the devs have (by some miracle) accidentally hit on a perfect 50/50 balance, with their eyes closed.

What is more likely, however, is every other possibility in the universe, in which that hasn’t happened. In which case, I’m right, and it’s going to need attention.

9. Smag

Smag Member

Think we need another comment from the devs addressing this.. my normally very active guild seems to mostly dead suddenly after the update it’s like no one wants to play anymore.. pretty drastic.

envylife and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  10. KillaBeez710

KillaBeez710 Member

Joey who likes this.
  11. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

This agility increase was unnecessary. People didn’t use rudder because it really isn’t useful - now you force it on everyone and say “take that it’s good for you”.

12. Will-o-the-Wisp

Will-o-the-Wisp Member

Rudder is/was useful if you know how to use it.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  13. Smag

Smag Member

Auto-pilot is code for “rush me in to get killed by the entire other team all at once”

14. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

More like “rudder was useful if you didn’t know how to strategically position your ship in battle and you need a crutch item to get yourself out of trouble”.

Joe Nostromo likes this.
  15. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I hate to say it but I agree here. High agility is awesome but took me months upon months to get used to, and I've yet to fully master it.

16. Will-o-the-Wisp

Will-o-the-Wisp Member

The rudder helps/helped you strategically position your ship in battle.

17. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Yes, and this code can also help your team chase down that final enemy speeder, who would normally hide and waste everyone's time until the match time runs out.

18. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

Like for last bit of hope :(

Lord Chemist likes this.
  19. Lord Chemist

Lord Chemist New Member

Why do I want to take months to feel as if I've mastered a ship. I'm more than a casual player and this update is discouraging me from playing because it feels as if all the skills I've built up until now means nothing it not much

20. Lord Chemist

Lord Chemist New Member

Totally agree with this guy... I hope the developers would listen