1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove Standard Mortar?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by AxL, 5 Sep 2018.

?

Do you agree that Standard Mortar are pointless if you have access to Ballpark / Long Range Mortar?

1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  1. AxL

AxL New Member

Ok wow so since removing low-popularity / trash item is a thing now, and it can actually happen.. I have this urge to register here and post this.. Sincerely, remove Standard Mortar from the game too, replace it with any new weapon idea.

Why? Because no one in the right mind would pick Standard Mortar over Ballpark / Long Range Mortar. Both of the later have much better usability; higher AoE or range, compared to the Standard version, which filled nothing in the gap, and is one of the biggest disappointment in guild raffles / quest. I'm almost certain that people only use it when the guild quest board demands it.. Please tell me otherwise below if any of you love this weapon and disagree with me.

EDITED:
    So some would say "let's try to buff it instead of removing it entirely?" But really, no, it won't help.. The real fault in this weapon is the concept itself, not the fire power, read my answer below
    Just think about it, how would you like to buff the Standard Mortar?
    The problem with it is that if you attempt to buff it, it would make other legit weapons obsolete.
    If you buff the AoE, you are trying to make it like the Ballpark
    If you buff the range, you are trying to make it like the Long Range Mortar
    Buff the damage? Crossing the line of Big Berta
    Oh then how about shorten the range to compensate for bigger damage? We have Grenade.
    Get creative and make it spray multiple projectiles like triple torpedoes? Missiles

So that's my point, the concept of this weapon is just bad. It doesn't have an edge over the other 2 close siblings of it (or any other weapons in the Bay actually), and you can't simply buff it too due to reasons stated above. Anyone who tried to use all the 4 mortars would know, this weapon is just an "extra" in the Bay.

Last edited: 6 Sep 2018
  2. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

I kinda agree, I think it is not only the worst mortar but the worst weapon in the bay as well, most underused weapon I think. It's a pain when this trash shows up on the guild quest board. But I'm not sure bout saying yes to removing this item

AxL and ScrapKing like this.
  3. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

yeah it has nothing special apart from being THE STANDARD but it deals high damage and others don't.

4. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

It doesn't deal high dmg

5. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

It needs to be buffed, not removed

6. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

This latest update was a definite nerf to mortars, but all of the mortars were either balanced or horribly underpowered (like the standard mortar)

Reorge and BasedCarpen like this.
  7. AxL

AxL New Member

Just think about it, how would you like to buff the Standard Mortar?
    The problem with it is that if you attempt to buff it, it would make other legit weapons obsolete.
    If you buff the AoE, you are trying to make it like the Ballpark
    If you buff the range, you are trying to make it like the Long Range Mortar
    Buff the damage? Crossing the line of Big Berta
    Oh then how about shorten the range to compensate for bigger damage? We have Grenade.
    Get creative and make it spray multiple projectiles like triple torpedoes? Missiles

So that's my point, the concept of this weapon is just bad. It doesn't have an edge over the other 2 close siblings of it (or any other weapons in the Bay actually), and you can't simply buff it too due to reasons stated above. Anyone who tried to use all the 4 mortars would know, this weapon is just an "extra" in the Bay.

*JAWS* likes this.
  8. BasedCarpen

Make it faster. Also you can make it stronger without even coming close to what Berta can do

I use all 4 mortars on speeder btw. Standard mortar is my secondary after Berta unless I have a guild quest.

Last edited: 6 Sep 2018
  9. BasedCarpen

10. HappyUnicorn789

HappyUnicorn789 Well-Known Member

maybe boost its frost damage, so it can actually serve a purpose

11. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I would buff it by shortening cooldown. I had previously assumed that it was similar to standard cannon in enjoying a short cooldown and was surprised that was not the case.
    This change would (similar to standard cannon) make it a useful early game weapon.

#CK likes this.
  12. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    so what's next least popular weapon ? haha

triple torps , get rid of it too then o_O

13. BasedCarpen

Tritorps need a buff as well

14. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Gatling gun is rarely used ,so let's get rid of it :p.

YerJokinArnYer likes this.