1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 3.2 "Hitting the rapid!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 4 Sep 2018.

1. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

numbers are green because these stats are maxed

I am not a speeder main (but I played it before and also played few custom games after update), I main enfo because I did like its high turret speed and also backwards speed
    my aiming is a bit messed up after update but I could adapt, if I wanted (event was fun for me but I wanted to keep the old stats)
    I quickly adapted to the new agility in event but it was only event for me, I thought that we might never get maxed agility again so I tried to play as much battles as I could because it was and interesting experience
    I don't like enfo's agility anymore, it's imho more of a flaf, not an advantage, it's hard to turn slightly, adjust aim etc.
    it was awesome as event because matches were (in most cases) fair, now I face mk6 shooters with maxed agility, they can kill me in three shots and nothing I learned so far can save me (maybe my enfo dance "skills" can save me, I dodged multiple railgun, sniper, cannon shots thanks to overkilled agility of my ship, I was able to do that even before update but it was much harder, now it's too easy)
    enfo dance is now (imho) different thing, I can no more fire my weapons at their max range because even defenders can dodge shots now, it's impossible to circle around enemy because even defenders can now easily track everyone (even speeders, tried that in custom), going through enemy is stupid idea now, their turrets are now too fast
    I am not a mediocre player, I am rather above average, I could adapt quickly to this new update (I kinda did because I played few ranked and custom games) but I don't want
    the day before update, I killed 9k hp (twice my enfo's hp) defender in 1v1, I won't be able to do this anymore because I used my agility advantage to win, now my tactics are gone
    this update ruined one ship for me (speeder), made majority of my tactics for one ship useless (enfo), I don't have any fixer items, don't like playing shooter and my shields are still kinda weak (or maybe not, is 6k hp at mk4 enough?) so defender is not viable for me, what am I supposed to do? I could adapt but this game is not fun for me anymore (however, I enjoyed playing this game before update)

btw if majority of mediocre quit this game, it would be end of this game because most players are mediocre;)

2. Boaty-mcboåtface

Boaty-mcboåtface New Member

Honestly, all it's needed is adding 'Ship sensitivity' and 'Assistive aiming' sliders to options.

3. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Yeah you're wrong, but thanks for sharing your opinion.

We absolutely need the ability to tone down the turret and ship agility to settings that work best for each of us.

4. HappyUnicorn10

HappyUnicorn10 Member

Don't worry I just spoke to BB team they told they are preparing for a patch.

American Marauder likes this.
  5. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    LOL i'm not worried. I have faith in the Devs, even if some of you don't. They care about the game. Game developers are always over-worked and under paid. I think most do it for the passion that they have for the game they're putting their time and effort in. It's a matter of pride. So if something is wrong or disliked by a lot of people, they'll endeavor to fix it. Just my opinion.

6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

A taste of others’ frustrations? You’ve got to be kidding me.

Speeder gets nerfed every update, without fail. You want to talk about frustrations. I dropped over 1000 infamy after the February update. Shadow Moon dropped from 3600 to a low point of 1300 (and now he’s quit the game entirely). Every other Speeder I can think of, either quit, or moved to Enforcer. I stuck with it, and I’m at the same infamy now as I was 8 months ago (despite 8 months of upgrades).

You come here and cry because you missed a few shots (probably through your own lack of skill), and I get 8 months of progress rolled back. You don’t know the first thing about frustration.

Last edited: 5 Sep 2018
  7. TOBBOM

TOBBOM Member

Yeah thanks, but the fact you say I'm wrong doesn't automatically make you right either.

You say *we absolutely need* but it is just relative speaking to your own case.
    As other have suggested, it's better to leave an equal choice to player to choose between max agility or max hp for better balancing.

8. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    See i'm actually a User Experience Designer in real life. I get paid a lot of money to fix bad usability. While opinions are subjective, in this case i'm right. The ability to allow a player to redefine these two controls, empowers them and their game play.

Flint, Help I Cant Swim and R3indeer like this.
  9. R3indeer

R3indeer New Member

Please allow us to lower our own agility and turret movement accordingly?? I literally cannot steer my ship properly anymore. You guys have broken a perfectly good game. Why introduce something that hasn't been tested out properly??

10. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    And just so we're clear, i own my design studio and these are my clients... Now i'm not always right, but i've been doing this for 20 years now. My advice is usually sound.

Clients-block1.jpg

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  11. TOBBOM

TOBBOM Member

I'm sorry, but what you do in real life doesn't make you right by default in this case.

How much you get paid, neither.

Unless you are an experienced UX designer for multiplayer ship-sailing mobile games.
    I'm not saying I am, but I'm just an avid player and I keep my opinion related to how I saw other changes being made, not to the job I do.

12. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    You don't have to design something regularly to know how to fix it. When NASA called me up to have us redesign their SLS, i had never designed a space launch system before. The sequester ended up squashing that deal, but they wanted us for it. These guys never designed a multiplayer ship-sailing mobile game before they did this one. You're clueless and i'm wasting too much time on you.

13. TOBBOM

TOBBOM Member

NASA is a governmental agency, and as such, there must be a tender to assign the job. It implies you weren't the only ones called for the job. It could be the case if you designed something for them already before, but you said it was the first time.

There's no need to boost your opinion, man, it equals to everyone else's here. It's a game.

Shadow Moon! and VantaBlack like this.
  14. Eldyl

Eldyl New Member

I am a doubla bubble user.... I dont have any chance against shooters or defenders... I am screwed up too....

15. Mr.Safranek

Mr.Safranek Active Member

I interested only the gatling gun...

16. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member

So if we boycott the turbo they'll remove it from the game and give all ships max speed?

17. VantaBlack

VantaBlack Active Member

Good point. This truly is the terrible logic that this update has shown. Let's boycott weapons altogether and they will turn this into a boat racing game

18. I'm sorry but I don't agree with you only because if we have the ability to adjust the agility then it will be more hard to hit other players who has set the agility knob to max!
    Example: If i am I having my agility set to medium and there is another same ship with max agility set up then it will be hard to hit him/her!
    It would be Nice to have everyone's agility to the same but by decreasing 30-40% like before!

I hope you understand!
    Anyway I'm a big fan of your T5 legendaries!

*Sorry For Bad English*

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  19. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

I didn't know this before:oops::oops:

20. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

lol i don't use turbo on my enfo