1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 3.2 "Hitting the rapid!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 4 Sep 2018.

1. i whipped u

i whipped u New Member

Is there a way to play with the prior controls?

CENTURION2501 and Shortncurly like this.
  2. ZeroNegativo

ZeroNegativo Member

yes, and then the shield has a duration that never grant you the chance to move over an obstacle and shoot. It is all about balance, now it isn't.

AyasNade likes this.
  3. ZeroNegativo

ZeroNegativo Member

select option -> Command -> Movement -> check check the second voice (it should be something like "center the view to the ship", i'm not sure cause i have the game in italian).

4. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

Both my blue legendary combines resulted in rudders. I scrapped one of them because there was no need to upgrade rudder much as a legendary with perk is enough. Can I get that back and return the 30 legendary parts please.

What's Up Player likes this.
  5. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more, such a steathy buff on Enforcer, i guess next update they will remove every ships rather than Enforcer since those ships make the Enforcer's playing experience worse.

SlayerofSergeants and xArrogance like this.
  6. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

They will not start unscrapping parts for anyone who ever scrapped a lube or a rudder, that is nuts.
    Can see why you are angry though, you pretty much threw away a legendary turbo / shield or bandage.

ShipCrusherCz and TVNPryde like this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

So honest feedback:

Removing Gearlube and Rudder, was a great idea, and I’m glad it happened. Ships were too slow without them, but no one really wanted to use them either. I won’t miss them at all.

Improving agility was also a good idea too, but that change is going to seriously affect the balance between ships. How long is it going to take to fix that? Tesla Bolt was OP for years, before you decided to balance it, then you did a terrible job. Frost has been trash for months, Enforcer has been OP for months, and you never seem to revisit this stuff (ever). I don’t have any faith that the game is moving towards a more balanced state, and if it is, when will we get there 2022? It’s painful waiting for these simple adjustments, in a game where little things can cost you thousands of infamy.

Agility was okay how it was. 10% more would have been more okay. What you have done today, you might as well start over with balance. I really don’t know if I want to stick around for that.

Last edited: 4 Sep 2018
    envylife, kyozen, GGodHand and 9 others like this.
  8. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

My comment was from frustration. I know they won’t do anything for it. Just that having lost 9 legendary blue pieces hurt. Now with a chance to choose whatever you want too.

Ash KOT likes this.
  9. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

It is very simple for those complaining, this is a game and should be fun, if it's no longer fun then do what I have done and cancel memberships and delete the game. I will keep coming on here to check to see if devs are big enough to realise they have destroyed the game as it was great but changes without enough testing or player base input just do not work. Anyway good luck in the bay the rest of you now to find something else to play for a while at least :(

VantaBlack, envylife, kyozen and 8 others like this.
  10. Shortncurly

Shortncurly New Member

Sorry Battle Bay you’ve gone too far with this patch, your game was my go to for a break, some easy fun or to relax a little, now it’s so stressful I’ll have to put it aside until there’s a fix.
    Like Options to users for how much agility they can handle. I’m a forward / backward average player so my needs are low.
    How am I supposed to hit these erractically turning enemies with my leveled up railgun????
    Disappointed long term player.

11. Will-o-the-Wisp

Will-o-the-Wisp Member

My opinion after playing about 8 matches with the new settings:

With the new max agility and turret speed the feel of the game has changed from that of an action-strategy game to an arcade game. Personally, I don’t like it. (Especially as a carronade speeder.) One of my favorite parts of the game was ship placement; generally, as in knowing when to commit to a battle to leverage the surprise at the best moment, and specifically, at the 1 v. 1 level, getting behind an enemy’s turret. Part of that charm is gone now it seems, and so far I am enjoying the game less.

Last edited: 4 Sep 2018
    VantaBlack, kyozen, AyasNade and 7 others like this.
  12. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

Same as others, agility need to be toned down a bit..turret is fine imo, but just to be safe lets nerf that too haha

Also, I hope the new weapon aren't added to guild quest yet..otherwise its a bit shit isn't it? Not having the weapon yet needing 15mil damage from it

Spinners71 and Nicolas like this.
  13. MrGoodFella

MrGoodFella New Member

The rare Gatling Gun does 0 dmg.. not sure if theres a bug.. but its useless right now. And besides that no offense, but you made the agility and turrent way too strong.. moving around like jelly.. its soo sloppy now. You cant take control of your boat. Tbe agility and turrent NEEDS to be turned down.

CENTURION2501 likes this.
  14. i whipped u

i whipped u New Member

Yea, I've tried all the possible settings. After about 2 minutes in a game I'm so dizzy I just quit trying. Probably going to have to walk away from this.

15. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

16. lbkwok513

lbkwok513 New Member

You are right

VantaBlack likes this.
  17. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

I did some calculations:
    A t5 legendary Gatling Gun does:
    • 15x10 on a defender
    • 15x48 on a shooter
    • 15x78 on an enforcer
    • 15x88 on a speeder/fixer
    #Useless

18. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Great Point!

Spinners71 likes this.
  19. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Huh? With one leg perk, 1 HP perk, and 2 duration perks, you're safe from a full power EC .. and it lasts 8 seconds.. so you have to hide for 2 full seconds without a shield to protect you ..

It's all about balance ... ? o_O

Nicolas likes this.
  20. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Ok, there are two things that have changed at once. Trying to adapt to both of them by leaping into a ranked battle is a recipe for disaster and frustration.
    My advice:
    • If possible, custom with someone and just practice moving about. Don’t shoot each other, just practice moving, hiding behind rocks etc
    • If you can’t find someone to custom with, turn off the new movement option. It will be then like it was in the event with the same control system. Get used to the agility again, and then consider changing to new movement style at a later time.

Nicolas likes this.