1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 3.2 "Hitting the rapid!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 4 Sep 2018.

1. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister New Member

I think Gattling Gun should not be effected by defence points like fire weapons as it is upgraded through burnice. Also it will help make it more buffed. Or just reduce it by half the defence points like if a ship has 50 defence points gattling gun would be reduced by 25. The option to hold back a shot in gattling gun is very nice. Since we can hit those pesky ships with very low health.
    But the most important point to note here is that torpedos have become almost irrelevant because of buffed up agility and the mortar and fire bomb will also be affected by this max agility. It will be easier to remove yourself from the blast zone. Something has to be done aboyt that or everyone will just shift to canons.

2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Worst update ever. Extra agility and all were good for events and all not for normal ranked matches. So its no more battle bay.

Shadow Moon! signing off.

3. SirName

SirName Member

Will there be a gatling gun achievement?

4. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

Show me what gatling gun’s epic perk is. Unless I know it, I can’t make any analysis on whether it has potential or not. @Zeus

5. The Afenogaster

The Afenogaster Well-Known Member

Bbay player / free time artist.
    Wait wait wait... so speeder is useless now? It can be the fastest but your enemies can keep up with you with ease.... I don’t think the turret agility and the ship agility had to be sooo high, only for some oevents, now a shooter can win on a 1vs1 against a speeder, an enforcer can dance in a more active way and skill has been downgraded to the one who spams more nitro, I’m not hating but my power (what took me to nightmare) was based on a very good awareness of the battle and my ability to dodge enemy shots by turning faster than their turrets, along with a actually impressive aim sometimes, now I can’t outrun anyone and my aim is as good as everyone else’s because turrets spin like crazy and you don’t even have to worry about timing your shot and then tuning so you don’t miss... I think you just destroyed the essence of skill and it can be fun for a while but I’ll miss being able to outperform every other boat :(

6. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

cya

Terry Morgan and S2C like this.
  7. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the update is not what I wanted and as companies only act when money walks away....

Attached Files:

CENTURION2501 and TinCanSon like this.
  8. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Calm down folks,

Give constructive comments politely and I believe Dev will respond more happily.

My comments;

Ggun should have some fire damage perk or increase fire damage.

Currently my Rare L6 Ggun can't even pen any ship.

Screenshot_20180904-221205.jpg

9. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

1) -5% Tesla shield HP .....

So, a max Epic E-Cannon is still worthless against a max epic TS with hp perks.... But, a max epic flare gun will pop it now.

Sound like a nerf for Enfos...?

Nope ... With the crazy high agility, the toughest to hit whack-a-mole just got that much harder to hit, especially with the dreadfully slow flare projectile.

So, what does it affect? Enfo on Enfo battles. They want these to go a bit faster.

Honestly, if you're not immediately scrapping all non-enforcer items and switching over after this, you're living in la-la land. Cause they just buffed the meta ship ..... again ......

10. ZeroNegativo

ZeroNegativo Member

you can't even more fight a shooter/defender with enfo in close quarter, their agility is higher then enfo pre update and will constantly hit you.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  11. Ekans_Hissy

Ekans_Hissy Member

Please make ship agility adjustable in options!!! This is not fun to play like this. There was a reason why people chose not to use a rudder... There is so much negativity regarding this update already. I think the Biter would have been a better addition.

12. TinCanSon

TinCanSon New Member

I'm HATING this update. I have already switched off the new way of steering, but I'm not a fan of the maxed out agilities -- it's WAY too easy to overseer, and harder to aim. I had my Defender's abilities right where I liked them, had developed a style of play that suited me, and was really enjoying the game. Not now. I pay for VIP membership, and have spent hundreds of dollars on this game, but this makes me want to leave for good.

CENTURION2501, BattleSage and #CK like this.
  13. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

OK, early feedback:

- Gatling gun is terrible. The main reason is that "many small hits" is not viable in Battle Bay because the base ship defense stat hits it way too hard. Like, if you buy a rare from the shop for 750k gold, you can't even deal damage with it initially, because it gets fully blocked by defense. And I'm not even talking about defenders here.

- I hate the ridiculously high agilities. To the point that I'll probably quit the game if this change is not reversed or at least reduced. Seriously Rovio, why? We've been playing your game at the old, slow stats for a very long time, so clearly, they were fine. A slight buff might have been nice, sure, something like 10% or 20%. Setting all speeds to ridiculous values is not fine. I can't even play with it because it makes me sick to jerk the camera around so fast, like in motion sickness.

14. ZeroNegativo

ZeroNegativo Member

it is a 100 life point reduction for maxed tesla shield. My EC was able pre-patch to destroy them, but now defender and shooter can easily hit you in close range combat.

Last edited: 4 Sep 2018
  15. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Yeah the agility/rudder is just too much. We need to lower it ourselves. I would knock it down for myself by 20% i think.

16. xArrogance

Slick move on the boosting agility and turret speed on the best ship in the game ...

I would have gone the opposite way ... more agility -> less turret speed ... seeing as how you can turn your boat and turret at the same time (i.e., your tracking speed is your agility + your turret speed).

But I guess it is more fun watching those die hard defenders struggle that much more and Enfos spin their head like the Exorcist girl.

17. xArrogance

Since you have no clue what you're talking about, I'll just tell everyone else ..

It's a 5% base HP reduction, so max epic TS with HP perks is now 2040, max epic flare hits for 2050, max epic EC hits for 1870 ...

18. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

I just want to say that you guys are very brave to remove rudder and lube, recognising it as a sort of problem that is hindering players..

Never seen any developer team brave enough to take a content out of the game completely..they usually just come up with bullshit stories to justify their mistake..

ShipCrusherCz, #CK and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  19. ZeroNegativo

ZeroNegativo Member

since i'm using enforcer, i know exactly what i'm saying.let me show my TS pre and post update, then let's start talking seriously. postpatch.jpg prepatch.jpg

CENTURION2501, BattleSage and #CK like this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Okay, after five battles, my feedback:
    1. To those saying speeder is dead, I can say that it no longer has what it takes to be an assassin boat. Every single ship can fight you on equal terms in terms of movement, and to be frank, most of the other classes are going to have a lot of fun, at the expense of speeders. I can no longer successfully initiate duels, nor can I 180 retreat. I can no longer flick with my ship. This is my honest opinion of it.
    2. Also, enfo feels like an ice cube in the water. Personally, I love how the enfo feels now, so fluid and so capable. The devs seem to be encouraging speedforcers, and that's my ticket. No more speeder in ranked for me, at least until I perfect it again(I think it's going to take ages, unlearning and relearning everything about the ship I have nearly 5000 battles in the cockpit of).

Overall, I highly recommend a "tuning" option for our agility settings, maybe connected to the custom battle functionality. That would allow us to customize how high we want our stats.