1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Item piece duplicates

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by JoshW, 27 Aug 2018.

1. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Can the dev team tweak the RNG for item piece duplicates? Maybe make it so you can't get the same item more than twice in a row. I have now gotten 5 epic gear lubes in a row, an item that I have no interest in using. Meanwhile I desperately need an epic shield.

2. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I've gotten more epic rudders and gear lubes than I can count.

My guild and I have established the drop rate for epic blue items:
    80% drops are gear lube or rudders.
    15% drops are big shields.
    3% for small shield.
    1% each for bandage and turbo.

I have a T5E small shield and a T3E small shield. I have received 2 epic bandages, and 3 epic turbos. I have been waiting for more bandaids and turbos since October.

3. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Ok good, it isn't just me lol. It really sucks playing against mk6 ships with t4 e shields in my mk5 with t2-3 r shields. I have a t1 lvl 10 e standard and big so I don't want to waste resources on my rares when my epics will be better as soon as they evolve.

Does the level of your other items effect drop rate at all? And does the drop rate change the higher your ship mk or infamy?

4. SlayerofSergeants

I was joking, we don't really know the drop rate. Somebody is going to say the drop rates are even.

My guild and I haven't kept tallies, it just feels like we are always getting rudders and lubes. For what it's worth, I do know that I have been waiting since October for either a new epic bandage or a new turbo. I probably get 1.5 to 2 epic blue combines every month.

5. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

It would probably be complicated to code but what I would like to see is every time you evolve an item you get an increased chance to get the next rarity of that item. This way you have better chances of getting the items you actually like to use.

6. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Those numbers seem pretty accurate to me, I never would've guessed you made them up lol. What could also work is a progressive drop rate system where when you get an item the next time you roll the dice the chances of getting a duplicate are reduced. From what I can tell they use a fixed probability system (whatever the percentages may be) where every time you roll you have the same odds.

7. SlayerofSergeants

This would be painful if applied to the items you actually do want.

Say you are new player and you get a new weapon, but the next roll has reduced chance of getting duplicate to build your weapon to be more powerful.

8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I was thinking it would only be applied to the next roll. If I'm not mistaken you get a boatload more red pieces than you do g,y,b. I'm assuming this is because there are a lot more weapons than other items. So with this system you would have a lower chance of getting the duplicate of the weapon you want on your next roll but the odds would reset for that item on the roll after. Also most people are trying for multiple weapons not just the one and ive noticed that most weapons are op in comparison to the hp of the ships. In my league most ships have anywhere from 4k to 10k hp while the majority of weapons deal around 1k damage. If the item drop rates were adjusted the way I suggested you would see a better balance between hp and damage due to it being slightly easier to evolve the items with less options (b,g,y) and slightly more difficult to evolve the items with more options (weapons).

Also if used in correlation with higher chances for items that are ready to evolve the difference would be hardly noticeble while also allowing players to feel like they are progressing faster.

9. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

It would also be a good idea to change the star crate to match your current league for example:
    NML gets legendary, Ace gets epic, Masters gets rare, and so on.
    This would encourage players to play at their highest potential for the better rewards.

Sorry for the scattered thoughts lol.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  10. SlayerofSergeants

I think this is accurate. Say item pieces drop based on probability of total number of items in game.
    There are 19 red items, 6 blue, 6 yellow, and 4 green for a total of 35 items.
    Whenever an item piece drops, you get a 19/35 chance of it being red, 6/35 of a blue or yellow piece and 4/35 for a green piece.

11. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

That would be too much lol. How about:
    Challenger: 1 common item or better, 1 uncommon item or better, and 1 common powercell or better
    Warrior: 2 uncommon items or better, 1 uncommon powercell or better
    Master: 2 uncommon items or better, 1 rare powercell or better
    Ace: 2 uncommon items or better, 1 rare powercell or better
    Nightmare: 1 rare item or better, 1 uncommon item or better, 1 epic powercell or better

The chances for better items increase as well as you go up higher.

Also I think giving people higher chance of getting weapon they want isn't a good idea, because especially with the new events and it's rewards, items have been easier to get by getting piece crates. Also the achievements to get duplicates.

12. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I can see how it would be a little much, I was just saying the star crates should be scaled so you can get stuff you can use throughout your natural game progression. Personally I'm in masters and hardly ever see uncommons yet I have 13k uncommon parts collecting dust in my inventory. If I could evolve more frequently I could use these parts and not feel like I wasted my time getting them.

13. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Oh, you'll need them soon. I use to think the same thing too. Uncommons are used to upgrade rares, epics, and legendaries, so it is highly likely that you'll need them in the future when you do start evolving. I'm having trouble getting dupes to, but when I do, my parts supply and sugsr drains away, so in kind of fine with not getting it often lol.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  14. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

That's a fair point lol