1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Not getting correct bonus or ranking, stars, etc. at the end of battle

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Trevor Falk, 26 Jul 2018.

?

Are you having the same problem after the update?

1. Yes, I’m missing significant bonuses after battle too!

71.4%
  2. No, I’m getting my regular gold and sugar bonuses.

28.6%
  1. Carnistix

Carnistix New Member

IMG_3218.PNG Marcel Prime, I did not say what you quote me of saying. And if you had half a brain in your head you might look at the infamy of the rest of my team. If I'm doing more damage than most of them, how do you accuse me of intentionally tanking my infamy? Here's a shot of the last battle I just ran, still A loss, but I did more damage than anyone on my team, but did not get credit for it. Most of the battles I run go like this, that's how my infamy got so low.

2. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

About the reward systems, I noticed a mk2 doing the same damage in battle as a mk4 or mk5 does not give the same amount of stars, which is odd, because a mk2 with weaker weapons and weaker ship should be rewarded more in these cases.

Stars2.jpg Stars12.jpg

3. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Ok guys, let’s keep it civil on this thread.
    @Carnistix I believe that some of the difficulties that you face are caused by the gear selection that you have.
    In terms of your blue items, it is very unusual and rare to run two turbos and a bandage. The most common option is turbo, big shield and bandage, or turbo, big shield, small shield. IMO a mk6 should have enough training to be able to cope with only one shield. The lack of shield will be meaning that you’re not surviving as long in the battle as you otherwise could (especially as you may have had to sacrifice some hp due to training conflicts for your fire bomb).
    In terms of your red items, you have two high risk, high reward items (a mine and a big torp). You’ll do big damage in games where they hit, but they won’t hit very often, and you probably don’t do well in the games where they don’t.
    I also think you lack a high burst damage cannon to do large, reliable damage at medium range for when ships get closer.
    Personally I would drop either the mine or big torp, and add a explosive cannon or blast cannon (preferably with fire damage perks to take advantage of your fire bomb).
    I think these changes will make you more consistent in your damage on all maps, which will help you raise your infamy.

Carnistix and Flint like this.
  4. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Hi Flint, I don’t believe that the star system takes ship mark into account at all. It is predominantly based upon damage dealt.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  5. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hey YerJokingArnYer,

How are you doing?

I don't know how it works, because a T2 uncommon can do less damage than a T4 epic or rare, but still a mk2 with less weapons and weaker weapons get less stars often than the bigger ships with more weapons.

Regards,
    Flint

6. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Hi,
    I’m well thanks.
    I agree with you, a ship with T2 uncommon would have to work much harder to do the same damage as a ship with T4 epics or rates. But unfortunately that’s not the way it works with stars. Such a system would probably be much harder to design.