1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Best ways to nerf DB ( poll)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SupremeCalamitas, 16 Aug 2018.

?

So, best Tesla shield nerf?

1. 10 second period where another Tesla shield can't be used

15.2%
  2. Limit use to 1 per ship

24.2%
  3. Make crit damage go through Tesla shields ( keep in mind that this is sniper buff)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Make all remaining damage go through Tesla shield

24.2%
  5. Make remaining crit damage go through Tesla shields ( keep in mind this is sniper buff)

3.0%
  6. Make TS break stun longer

6.1%
  7. Lengthen TS cooldown ( see 2 votes below)

3.0%
  8. HP nerf ( see below)

3.0%
  9. Duration nerf ( Please don't select this, I just had to put the standards on here)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Allow crits on TS. All remaining damage still absorbed.

21.2%
  1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    so this is a poll for the best nerf DOUBLE BUBBLE ideas. I will also put basic stuff here, so don't call me an asshole for adding the stuff that's easier to do..

Some of this stuff I came up with from the top of my head, other stuff I found in the trending double bubble thread.

Credit for the ideas:
    1st choice: @Mati
    2nd choice: me
    3rd choice:me ( some changes from @TheAntiSnipe )
    4th choice: me
    5th choice: @TheAntiSnipe
    6th choice:me
    7th-9th choices are standard nerfs. I hate them, but everyone deserves to be included, so whatever
    10th choice: @ShipCrusherCz

Last edited: 16 Aug 2018
  2. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

NO:rolleyes:
    maybe option:
    allow crits on tesshields (so weapons can break them with crit, yet all excessive damage is absorbed)

btw some of those ideas could not work rn because weapons don't crit on tesshields

benguin8 likes this.
  3. SupremeCalamitas

Hmm... ok.

4. SupremeCalamitas

There you go.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  5. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

What about the option - buff counters? Meaning frost and stun?

6. ShipCrusherCz

my opinions about thing suggested in your poll
    all variants have cons, usually too harsh or even purpose killing nerfs, none of the things suggested in the poll should be added (even my idea would be problematic, just wanted to give one, imho, kinda better option)
    and people, please, think about your suggestions! some of you keep suggesting "nerfs" which would completely kill items or make it impossible to use them for their original purpose, I doubt that anyone want anything like frost/stun like nerfs, we don't need to make any other items useless
    I never saw NORMAL nerf to double bubble which would not affect badly the single shield users, why...
    1. interesting, yet it would be imho better if devs started by adding shorter period, 10 seconds might be too harsh
      10 seconds-almost blast's/grenade's cooldown, enemy breaks your shield with one weapon-->you fall back to wait for second shield-->you get out with new shield-->enemy breaks your second shield with same weapon, it would force enfos to use cover before they could use second shield, enfos can't survive conctentrated fire for too long, they will ofc dance but enemies (especially at higher levels) will lead their shots
    2. nope, then limit some other (or maybe all?:rolleyes:) items and buff/rework frost launcher
      why should be limit added, when there are many more items used in pairs (or in even higher numbers) and some of them as annoying as DB or even more, then limit bi-nitro, double flare/fire bomb/ex cannon/sniper/blast/mine/torps/mortars/repair bolts/shields/turbos etc., let's forbid all pair of items! and buff/rework frost launcher because it's only other 2 slot point yellow item
    3. wtf no, see below
      so tesshields are supposed to protect you (and block) aerial projectiles but now, you want some of them to penetrate the shield? there would be no way to see that the projectile will go through, so this would cause many frustrated complaints here, also unnecessary nerf to single shield, noone complains about them
    4. no, killing purpose of tesshield-blocking shots, also nerf to single shield
      tesshields would act as only temporary defense points, not that usefull and again, unnecessary single shield nerf
    5. no, see above
      almost same as above
    6. no, again nerf to single shield, it would hurt all tesshield users, also why would you use weak shield, when it will break after one shot and you will get stunned for longer time than now (4 second is imho perfect)
      if it was too long, it would act like tesla bolt...
    7. no, nerf to single shield users and no real nerf to DB
    8. no, see above, it would also kill all low(er) lvl shields, they're even too usually too weak
    9. no, see two above
    10. thanks for adding my idea, this would ofc also nerf single shields, yet it's imho not that harsh nor purpose killing (and it would add one possible counter-sniper cannon, which is now useless against stronger shields)
    so 8 out of 10 ideas would nerf also single shields, yet noone really complains about them:rolleyes:

Last edited: 16 Aug 2018
    Hazimi and What's Up Player like this.
  7. SupremeCalamitas

8. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

100% agree. Seems like people hate this item so bad, they want it to be completely destroyed.
    This is my last time adding something to this topic:
    • 200-300 HP nerf (at rare ones 100 HP less) and
    • Buffing (underpowered and underused) original counters (frost and stun) should do the trick.
    Keep in mind, Enforcer is the only ship without self heal, and honestly, all other yellow items suck. It's very limited.

9. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

This one has my vote.

And while we're here, let's make damage done to Tesla Shield count towards total damage done, so we can get those event coins. ;)

10. SupremeCalamitas

YES!
    Even though nobody uses TS at master 3 lol

11. ShipCrusherCz

received_890413264494566.jpeg
    for example me, I use one on my enfo
    but I will get over the 1.6k infamy once I upgrade it to mk5 (now between 1.5 and 1.6k infamy with my mk4)

12. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    1. Fair enough
    2. Idc
    3. No
    4. Let's have someone flare a tesla shield and let a shooter railgun him at 100% afterwards
    5. See ^ but sniper instead of railgun
    6. People love breaking stuns anyway
    7. For a fast paced game battle, long cooldowns are pointless
    8. Fair enough
    9. Depends on how much you wanna nerf that
    10. Fair enough

This is my position

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  13. SupremeCalamitas

Poll bump lol

14. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

Most of the time I play shooter.
    And I can't say that DB should be nerfed.
    I am ok with current situation.
    Better nerf "burning" perks, lol =)
    But ok, if you need more opinions... Let's say I agree with limiting TS to one per ship.

15. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

Question is, why nerf db?

16. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I think there should be something similar to option 1, but not 10 whole seconds. 1.5 × duration or something starting from when tesla shield goes up.

17. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

This would affect more heavily single TS users than double bubble users. I don't see any good option

18. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

None of the above IMO.

Last year when I started playing, no one was talking about TS being OP, and the general consensus was that Enforcer needed a buff.

Enforcers did get a buff, but TS didn’t: it’s still the same item that no one cared about last year. The way to balance it is to look at what changed, look at the things that went too far: Tesla Bolt nerf, EC nerf, Frost Nerf. All these things went too far, and left a vacuum where there used to be a counter to Tesla Shield Enforcers.

What needs to happen, is to wind the clock back to a happy medium. Make Frost and Stun good again (outside 2v2), make EC more responsive.

EC is powerful, but it’s the Flare component that really hurts, that’s what needed toning down, and Enforcers are still benafiting from that, while Speeder and Defender got boned.

19. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

It may be good nerf for DB, but what are the effect of this nerf to single TS user?.
    Single TS user will be the victim here not DB user imo.

FirnenAhead and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  20. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

Yaa true
    They destroyed stun frost torp ex cannon
    And killed the speeder.
    Now the ywanna do same woth enforcer killing the bubble.
    Soon after that they will cry for nitro cooldown nerf
    Its just because some noobs dont know how to learn and wgen they lose they cry for nerf to there opponent items.