1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Understanding your play & your opponents better...

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by SykleDrop, 12 Aug 2018.

1. SykleDrop

SykleDrop Member

It may just be me, but I feel that there are a few minor things that can be done to help players not only better understand their own play; but be better prepared to battle those enemies that keep popping up. I play a decent amount and have noticed that I play against the same people over and over. While I do have an idea of each of their strength and weaknesses; it got me thinking of ways to better understand my play individually and how I fair against them. Here is what I suggest as things that would help awareness:

• After match, allow for player to attach notes to specific ships, both friends and unfriendlies. (Notes about play style, beware of their ‘xxxx’ weapon, fixer is a triple duct tape fixer, etc...). This would be where generally you click on ship and the profile comes up. Notes could be a tab on that screen; but for speed of viewing: I suggest notes come up on first screen when before & after a match.

• At the beginning of battle, during the brief pause while game map loading; it’d be nice to have 5-7 sec to glance at previous notes taken RE: a ship. (Referring to the above change being made)

• At the top of the screen, I would like to see a running tally of my damage assessed.

• At the end of battle; it would be nice to be able to see my damage assessed by weapon type to analyze the efficiency and effectiveness of my play and make changes accordingly. ( click on my own ship and see: 4,450 damage done with napalm; 7,722 damage inflicted with sniper; 6,301 damage inflicted with exploding canon; etc..)

• Lastly; at the end of battle; I would REALLY like to be able to click on a ship and see my stats as pertaining to that player. (301 matches played against ‘Player Y’; 172 won; 127 lost; 2 draws).

People that play a decent amount begin to see the same people over and over and it would be nice to be able to track those battles & make adjustments accordingly. Plus, it’s just a good way to measure effectiveness in play as well as effectiveness against specific people, play styles, & weapon setups. Being able to see that maybe I’m not doing as much napalm damage as I think or to go even deeper; if it showed i had a 72% hit rate with sniper; it could have a HUGE impact on how I play. That knowledge would allow people to understand their strengths / weaknesses better so that they can improve where needed or dump a weapon that’s ineffective.

**ALSO - I think we should get an additional legendary weapon per 10 million done in damage. This would allow for upgrading of those weapons. I’ve done nearly 30 million in sniper damage but only have one legendary sniper to show for it.

ANYONE HAVE ANY THOUGHTS?!!?

Feruhz, wcc634 and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  2. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Mostly good ideas, but probably not the last one to give away more legendaries...

3. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I would say no to the legendary thing, except maybe another legendary at like 50 million damage, and the notes, I think should be approved by the person, because they might not want to give away their playstyle to the opponent, or it might just be insults, or just unhelpful in general

4. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

I totally agree with the breakdown, but notes would be really complicated and would be difficult to implement (think of how many people play)

5. SykleDrop

SykleDrop Member

AS far as the notes thing, if some jack-mule wants to put rants in there, I would say more power to them. The notes should be specific ONLY to the one posting them. So if I play player 'FixerDropper'; at the end I could put that they have a wicked rail gun. Now, from then on, I am the only one to see my own notes. Notes should not be shared with other players. The idea is that people that seem to play the same people a lot can improve their play against opponents. Notes are not open public form. My notes are visible only to me and no one else. This would prevent the whole negative ranting threat or spilling secrets. No notes will be available until I play the person & put them there myself.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. SykleDrop

SykleDrop Member

AS far as the notes thing, if some jack-mule wants to put rants in there, I would say more power to them. The notes should be specific ONLY to the one posting them. So if I play player 'FixerDropper'; at the end I could put that they have a wicked rail gun. Now, from then on, I am the only one to see my own notes. Notes should not be shared with other players. The idea is that people that seem to play the same people a lot can improve their play against opponents. Notes are not open public form. My notes are visible only to me and no one else. This would prevent the whole negative ranting threat or spilling secrets. No notes will be available until I play the person & put them there myself.

7. Spinners71

That makes more sense for sure - thanks for clarifying.

It's a good idea, but I wouldn't classify it as high priority given all the other little things I'd like to see the Dev's spend time on...

TheAntiSnipe and Nam_Nam like this.
  8. SykleDrop

SykleDrop Member

Damn man... why the friggin grunts always wanting to bust my ballz on my legendary extras?? :mad:
    Yes; I’m a highly selfish prick and I want my ongoing legendary weapon feed. HOWEVER - as nauseating as it is :confused:, I do see the pitfalls of being so cavalier with giving them away. Your suggestion of adding another one at 25 MM and another at 50 MM is acceptable. (You saw what I did there, yeah?! :cool: I know you didn’t mention a mid-point at 25mil where we get another one, but I knew you were thinking it so I took the liberty of voicing that splendid idea! Thnx bud :D)
    But no, for real - I do think a follow-up reward is merited, even if it is set at a high target (as it should be). But ultimately, I gotta keep in mind that this is a business for Rovio and their purpose is to make money. Depriving us lessers of the finer things in life (like a 2 LG sniper) is a business decision to encourage revenue. Smart... but frustrating as hell. :eek::eek:
    As is life...

9. SykleDrop

SykleDrop Member

IMO, I’d like to see theses added:
    • After match, allow for player to attach notes to specific ships, both friends and unfriendlies. (Notes about play style, beware of their ‘xxxx’ weapon, fixer is a triple duct tape fixer, etc...). This would be where generally you click on ship and the profile comes up. Notes could be a tab on that screen; and are viewable only to the note-taker, not public.

• At the beginning of battle, during the brief pause while game map loading; it’d be nice to have 5-7 sec to glance at previous notes taken RE: a ship. (Referring to the above change being made)

• At the top of the screen, I would like to see a running tally of my damage/healing assessed.

• At the end of battle; it would be nice to be able to see my damage assessed by weapon type to analyze the efficiency and effectiveness of my play and make changes accordingly. ( click on my own ship and see: 4,450 damage done with napalm; 7,722 damage inflicted with sniper; 6,301 damage inflicted with exploding canon; etc..)

• Lastly; at the end of battle; I would REALLY like to be able to click on a ship and see my stats as pertaining to that player. (301 matches played against ‘Player Y’; 172 won; 127 lost; 2 draws).

Sry for the long post... I have a similar one (https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/understanding-your-play-your-opponents-better.21462/#post-166851) and came across yours. Just wanted to throw the ideas out to get your thoughts.

10. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

1 legendary gifted for free is more than enough, anymore than 1 will harm balance / economy.
    Asking for 3 is just crazy and I hope it doesnt happen.
    If implemented everyone will have access to T4 legendary gear after a combine, which is very overpowered and will put all F2P players on an even playing field with the whales.

SykleDrop likes this.
  11. SykleDrop

SykleDrop Member

Greedy SOB... :cool:
    I get what ur saying... I don’t think adding at least one more would harm much. I mean; I’m playing against numerous people with lvl 20+ LG weapons and still fare ok. Difference is I’m not pouring in buckets of cash. All my LG items I earned and I think there should be something shown for that. I didn’t buy them; I got them all by reaching 10 million; except for one that I got by earning the coins and redeeming pieces.
    For people putting in the work to do 25 or 50 million; that merits a reward IMO. Buying vs Earning is where I think the case is made. Humbly speaking, of course! :D

12. Spinners71

If they gave away a 2nd one, it'd have to be at 50 mil, no less...

13. SykleDrop

SykleDrop Member

Ugh... killin me! Lol
    Y’all just need to go away and let me have my 3 legendaries!

14. SykleDrop

SykleDrop Member

While I will admit that the lion’s share of my desire for this stems from wanting to beef up my snipe & such; I do have to submit that honestly; there is a substantial portion of my wanting this because it gives me another goal to shoot for. I was relentless in working to obtain the 3 lg items I got from achievements; adding even a 50M target gives another goal.
    Similarly with games won with xx ship... I’m less than 2k wins away from getting my 10k wins with shooter; so I’m relentless in pursuit. Maybe that’s why I’m so headstrong about rewarding those that put in the effort rather than buying their way.
    No hate to those that do but their way... more power to them. But I want to be high Nightmare clan one day and when it comes; it’ll be bc I earned it. Adding another lg, again IN MY OPINION :cool:, gives respect to anyone giving that effort.
    I do see ur point tho. Don’t like it! But do respect & understand it!

15. SykleDrop

SykleDrop Member

@Spinners71
    I have 5 legendary weapons; 3 were earned thru achievements; 2 were earned thru winning coins and redeeming for pieces. I’ve spent less than $125 total; all in VIP subscription except $20 via 4x the $5 100 pearls a day.
    Now that I have the LGs; it’s gonna be next to impossible for me to lvl those up without spending serious jack. Maybe that’s the point..! I just see the imbalance risk as not as substantial just due to the fact that very few will reach those high numbers and those that do; theyre serious players that likely have the skill to support it by that time.
    Does that make any sense?

16. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    i think both leggy achievements are bad,

just make them: win battle with X weapon, and getting X hits of it / battle
    there, no p2w there?

17. SykleDrop

SykleDrop Member

I think some of the suggestions in my original post would open up new achievement possibilities that touch on the direction I believe you’re leaning to... With the addition of end of battle stats; (ie: damage per weapon; shot accuracy %; etc) - stat tracking would be simple and new achievements present themselves. *Win with 50%, 60%, 75%, 90% shot accuracy. This could be overall accuaracy and/or weapon specific as damage is. * Inflict 2k, 4k, 7k, 15k, 30k damage with xxx weapon in one battle. Obviously with something like this; it would be easy to knock the first 3 levels in one match, but the same was said for the damage achievements.

Making achievements based on quality of play and efficiency of weapon use would be a positive step. Getting away from just blind rewards where you get benefited regardless of win/loss or responsible usage is a good step. It encourages ppl to step up their play & put that extra glance into leading a shot to get higher accuracy.

Or am I missing your point completely?!? Lol o_Oo_O