1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Let me be the first to say ...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fish, 10 Aug 2018.

1. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

A05C7FE1-70F6-41C0-AD26-CA32922E01FB.png ok - first this event anyway. I forgot how annoying the coin distribution is in these events. I get 5 coins on the winning team and both players that lost got more.
    At least count the damage I had to do to pop their shields so we could score points so I can get my fair share of coins too.

2. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

One way around it is to play with yellow boat yourself but yeah its annoying

3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Remove some of those shields and dodge their shots. They out-damaged you by a lot. It's been explicitly stated that coins are primarily based on damage.

4. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

I understand why the score was what it was - I am just venting my irritation with the fact that taking down the defenses of a yellow boat is not scored the same as taking down the defenses of other boats. Same result in the end basically.
    As for dodging shots ... as you know easier said than done vs yellow boats.

What good are forums if we can’t vent? :)

5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

All good points. I wonder what would happen if they counted tesla shield damage.

6. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

At minimum - everyone who fights yellow boats with shields will be a bit happier I think.

FYI, I took your advice and dropped one shield (seems counterintuitive but I replaced it with a gear lube - but not a good one). I’ll see how that works out in the end. Anyone who I play against now will have to thank you for a lower coin count if I stick with this.

7. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

DEFENDER is not the best ship right now
    it is my favourite but i only see shooters all the time so i switched to speeder

Fish likes this.
  8. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

I’m not playing defender anymore. Switched to shooter. Would love to play speeder but my brain is too slow to control it :confused:
    I don’t know if I’m getting more coins now (actually overall I was getting ok coins even with defender) but at least my rivals are getting less - and that’s what it’s all about, right? (Making sure nobody else gets what they want ;))

9. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

FC44B318-5169-4268-8A06-FB0F9C08A37C.png 0052DB39-0111-43BD-AEDD-CC382E80CCEF.png You tell me that this event doesn’t favor enforcer? They get good coins no matter what.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  10. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Actually Shooter+Speeder/Enfo with tesla bolt will favor Shooter since he's able to do the most damage, while the yellow boat has to run and keep stunning the enemies. And it's almost a secure victory against any team without yellow boats.

11. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Sniper doesn't crit on TS shields if you didn't know.

Fish likes this.
  12. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Those of us without Tesla Shields would riot when we see how many more effective HP the yellow boats have over blue and red boats. ;)

But seriously, I've been asking (as a side bar to other discussions) for some measure of damage vs shields in the battle report for a month or two.

If it were implemented, practically speaking, if damage to pop a shield exceeded the Tshield limit, would that count as well? Say I hit the shield with a T4 epic flare that didn't quite pop it, then overkill the shield with a T4 grenade, would the damage report indicate the 900+ damage beyond Tshield hp, or would the report reflect only the actual 2100hp the flare + grenade cleared out.

13. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Looks like damage they take against the Tshield doesn't count against them. That sucks. Devs clearly favor one color over all the others.

We demand equality for non-yellow boats! Give us credit for damaging their shields!!! Count damage vs shield as "damage done" vs boat (for purposes of coin calculation)!!!

Last edited: 11 Aug 2018
  14. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Yup. But thanks. If my flare isn’t ready then sometimes I’ll still hit the shield hoping it was already damaged a bit or maybe it’s a weak shield that someone put on hoping to give the illusion of a second good shield. When it’s just shield after shield it sometimes gets boring waiting for a shot (I’m impatient).

Ovidmikel and StrictSalmon307 like this.