1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event TDM 2v2 Fleeted - Tips and Info - Partners in Crime

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Help I Cant Swim, 9 Aug 2018.

1. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

2v2 Team Deathmatch
    CA5DA83C-E7BA-4EEB-A6DB-264EFE1A426C.png
    Gameplay Tips
    • You win by getting 4 kills or capturing the zone.
    • Small maps will only be in rotation.
    • STAY AGGRESSIVE.. Winning slowly nets you less coins over time than losing with high damage quickly. Win ratio is meaningless.
    • Capture occurs faster in this event. Watch for quick-caps.
    • Capture will reset on damage like normal.
    • Speeders and Enforcers are likely the meta for this event again. Tesla Bolts and Tesla Shields should be in full display.
    • Defenders and Shooters stay aggressive and attack together. Run as many Railguns as you can. They work best to bust bubbles and there aren't any waves on small maps. (Thanks @Nicolas)
    • Fixers focus on damage first. You will get less coins if you are running and healing a lot. Train for stun-removal.
    How to earn more coins (in order of most coins to least)
    1. Capturing the zone.
    2. Doing a lot of damage.
    3. Avoiding as much damage as possible.
    4. Winning.
    Overall Tips
    • You do NOT earn stars for guild quest during this event!
    • Fleeting is allowed. Try to fleet as close in gear score as possible.
    • Try to run your most reliable, meta setups. You'll be matched against evenly geared opponents, so if their weapon is more reliable, they will probably win.
    Matchmaking Tips
    These tips are what I’ve gathered from personal experience and discussions with other well-known members and devs. If something I’ve stated is incorrect and the devs would like to chime in, they are welcome.
    • Matchmaking (MM) is based on “Power”. Power is a combination of your shown gear score and crew training. Review the gear score of your teammates and enemies often. If you are consistently getting matched against players with a much higher gear-score than you.....
    • There is an “anti-exploiting” rule that is affecting a lot of players. Basically, if you equip an item that is roughly 2-3 tiers below your highest item (for example, equipping an epic t3 and an epic t5) then you will be seen as an exploiter and the lower item will be given a higher gear score. Therefore, the best strategy is to equip items close to the the same tier.
    • Infamy is no longer used at all in event matchmaking.
      infamy.PNG
    Reward Requirements:

You purchase one of three boxes for 35 coins that contains either parts, pieces, or perks. Once you have spent 900 coins, you get the Legendary Perk for free.
    Here are the possible purchases:
    eventbox1.png eventbox2.png eventbox3.png
    For the piece and perk box, you are guaranteed one legendary piece or epic perk every 10 boxes, respectively.
    DO NOT SPEND YOUR COINS UNTIL YOU HAVE 910! COINS WILL ROLL OVER TO THE NEXT EVENT, BUT LEGENDARY METER WILL RESET.
    It might be beneficial to save 1050 coins if you are getting pieces/perks so you don’t miss out on the 10th box reward.
    If you average 5 coins per game, that is 180 games required to earn a Legendary perk.
    That is roughly 6 hours of gameplay (estimated average of 2-minute games).

If you have any setups or strategies that are working for you, please share them!

Last edited: 10 Aug 2018
  2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Great summary :)
    The attachments for the 3 boxes isn’t working.
    Edit: Nvm

3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Good catch. I've updated them. :)

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  4. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

So do defenders stand a chance in this event?

5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

To some extent. Put on a reliable meta setup that can bust bubbles. Stay together and attack together. Try not to venture too far from spawn so when one of you dies the other isn't an easy kill.

6. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

My defender gets rocked by two Enforcers on the regular. Personally I don't like using EX cannon or flare gun since my Blast Cannons are maxed. Its tough going since the duo is much more rock/paper/scissors with each setup. Feel like whenever I switch out my main gear I fight against shooters :(

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  7. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

I actually do that ironically with my mk5 Enforcer. Since I don't have a maxed bubble it raises my tier1 way up so I usually end up against mk6's anyways. One thing I do like on defenders or boats with multiple Blue slots. Equip as many Big Shields over 2 bandages or small shields. That will drop your power rating naturally without hurting your boat too much

8. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Oh I can't wait for this one to start! I'm a brawler by nature, so this event is right up my street!
    Bring the pain!

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  9. R@jith anand

R@jith anand Well-Known Member

I always go with frost torp in my mk5 speeder in such events. By this u can surely deal more damage because most of the time no one disturb ur frost or stun:p. Good luck guys;)

10. Aether_Zero

Think the key for this event is finding a fleet partner who compliments your loadout and playstyle. As I'm a brawler, I'm gonna be fleeting with either a very aggressive shooter or a tanky defender

11. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

I think 2 vs 2 will be on small map. I guess.

Aether_Zero likes this.
  12. Aether_Zero

I'd love a 2v2 in wayward or crash and burn!!

Riddlerpaji likes this.
  13. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

Again favouring the yellow boats, why? Seriously, that's not fair on those that don't have a decent set up for a yellow boat. This HAS TO STOP!

14. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

Absolutely no. It was previous one .Not this one.

15. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

According to the tips, it will be biased towards yellows.

16. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

I wonder how then legendary is treated. It's often tier 1 and as strong as epic tier 4.

17. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

T4E > T1L both maxed. This because of extra perk. My T1L blast does 1200 and T4E does 1300. 2018-02-15_1311.png

Riddlerpaji and vis1234567899 like this.
  18. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Last 2v2 many shooters had 70+ win streaks. How is it biased then?

19. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

where is the 3 Vs 3 ? werent it 5 Vs 5 -> 3 Vs 3 -> 2 Vs 2 -> 1 Vs 1 ....?

20. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Good.As an Mk4 Shooter and Mk5 Speeder here,I would use Speeder first and then Shooter.I would stick with my original combo in my speeder.

My favourite combo of Speedy:
    Swifty(Swift Torp),Grenade Boy(Grenade Launcher),OB with dual nitro and I love that combo!!:):):)

My favourite Combo of Shooter(only for Events):
    1)Firebomb,Cannon,Sniper and Grenade Launcher
    2)Cannon,Sniper,Swifty and Grenade

I always go satisfied in using these combos unless the enemies have t1 or t2 leggy items:p:D.Anyways,good luck guys.
    ;););)

Help I Cant Swim likes this.