1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Reduction of battle rewards per battle

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by nosesabe, 9 Aug 2018.

1. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

I haven’t found any post talking about this, excuse me if there already are.

By now you’ve probably realized that you’re getting less sugar/gold as battle reward in every battle that you play. This is a recent change that hasn’t been communicated to us.

Getting less resources as battle rewards per battle is always a bad thing for everyone. Before, I used to get between 35-42k gold easily per battle won. Now I barely get 35k and I sometimes get even 20+k per battle which is nothing compared to how much I used to get.
    All of us get a different range of battle rewards depending of what level we are in, but I bet we all have noticed this.

I can understand that maybe devs wanted to reduce the rewards, which is still bad... But I estimate that I get between 4-6k less per battle than before, around 12% less let’s say. This is not a lot for one battle, but if you play 200 battles we loose a lot.

I already think that it takes way too long to reach high levels in bb. I’ve been playing for more than a year and a half and I’m still lv45... whith this change it’s going to be way more difficult for everyone to improve and it’s going to take much longer to become better. At least you could have explained why you did this devs, not just hoped that we wouldn’t notice.

It may seem like it’s not a big deal and it won’t affect much the game, but if you play for a long time it’s going to affect you a lot and you’re going to have to play many more hours to get to get to the same point where you would have gotten if they hadn’t changed this.

At least explain why you did this devs?

Lucent, ElMataC, Reorge and 1 other person like this.
  2. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

The average is still the same

I heard the devs increased the losses dropage rate

3. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

ShipCrusherCz and Reorge like this.
  4. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

Thx!

So basically there was a obvious decrease in battle rewards, devs deny it, players insisted and they closed the thread :/?

I really don’t think so, if so they would have said it

5. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

I think that’s a good summary.

Funny how the data says one thing but so many players have independently decided the opposite (I assume somebody starting a new thread on the same topic had their own observation and isn’t jumping on the bandwagon as somebody suggested in one of the threads).

I don’t know how to reconcile the data + dev comments vs growing number of people feeling there has been a decrease.

I can’t say that I’m all that worried about the sugar rewards though - always overflowing anyway.

6. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Check out @xArrogance 's thread on it, he explained it well.
    While the rewards per win have decreased, the average is still the same because rewards for losses have increased.
    Because everyone's long term win/loss rate is 1:1, that means that everyone is getting same rewards as before.

Reorge, PastelPiku and Nam_Nam like this.
  7. Exploxion

Exploxion Member

My rewards are less too, basically they want us to grind our ass out

8. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    if this true , try to negate it by choosing +5% reward on training crew ,

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This is the thread: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/battle-rewards-solved.21288

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  10. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

But at least they could have mentioned that in the last update ? And why it didn't happen to everyone, some people still says they are getting the same amount of rewards they used to do. Not to mention the rewards are discouraging me from watching Ads for bonus.

11. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    It might not have been an intended change. I don't really know though :p

Reorge likes this.
  12. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

overall average rewards stayed same, lower highest rewards but also higher lowest rewards, that's it;)

Nam_Nam likes this.
  13. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

this thread will be close soon,

14. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    THE REWARDS DIDNT DROP FOOLS!

15. Exploxion

Exploxion Member

This is like a reward nerf to all Nightmare players, as in Nightmare, we win a lot, so the reward for winning in the long run is high. This balance battle reward might be fair for Ace rank and below but not for Nightmare rank.

Last edited: 16 Aug 2018
  16. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure something has change, I’ve started noticing it with Stars especially.

This game, top 3 contribution, on the winning team, and only 1 Star?

6CFC553A-4FC5-4C64-A16C-CEB4D7A87A58.png

Lucent likes this.
  17. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

This is just an example of the hidden "Fire bonus" points added to their score for star calculation purposes.

(Basically, for any unfriend you set on fire, you get hidden damage points added to your score every time one of your allies hit them with a cannon).

I have probably 15 screenshots saved for a post I was going to make about how it's unnecessary. If they took away the fire bonus for star calcs, people would still use firebombs and flares at the same rate ... And, more importantly, people would be less confused about why the star rewards appear arbitrary and random.

18. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I know there is extra contribution for fire, but I’ve always tended to get 2 stars on the winning team, and rarely see stars on the losing team. That seems to have changed since the last update. I’ve been seeing way more 1 star victories, and also a lot more 1 star defeats.

19. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Yeah, the star calcs could have changed. I can't really test it, because I'm getting targeted like a fixer in a lot of games now - either because of my infamy in comparison to my team ... or, more likely, because of my big mouth o_O

I used to always get 1-2* for losses and 2-3* for wins.. now it's all over the place.

20. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_truth_effect

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

The devs are the only ones with enough stats to conclude if something has actually changed. Otherwise we are all just shooting in the dark. Before everyone jumps on the bandwagon of "Rovio has nerfed my rewards!", here is what the devs have already posted about this....

Nam_Nam and ShipCrusherCz like this.