1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

ideas for balancing mines/torpedoes?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by medicine_man, 1 Aug 2018.

?

what do you think should be done to balance mines/torps?

1. limit the number of shots you have while increasing damage

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. just lower the damage entirely

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. git gud

20 vote(s)
    51.3%
  4. delet this

11 vote(s)
    28.2%
  1. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

But the only thing tri torp needs a buff like bad it's under used and I have a leggy to it :(

2. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Im not comparing crits to perks; I'm saying that the perks for those weapons make them strong enough already. Furthermore, torps, mines and railguns already do a lot of damage in one hit; adding crits will just make them utterly OP.

Railgun is able to do that same amount of damage consistently while sniper is dependent on RNG. As for EC, it's a weapon meant for close range brawling while RG excels at long range fights. They are all different weapons that have different uses, as well as pros and cons to them.

ShipCrusherCz and Stalie like this.
  3. Stalie

Stalie Member

All good comments, the way others feel about OP torps and mines is the way I feel when someone with a Epic Tier 5 EC gets a 4300 crit on me. For me that's OP for what it is. Torps, Mines and Railgun are the only weapons to take out them silly yellow boats. Nerf them and you'll have another thread on how do we kill them silly yellow flies now? :)

wreck your day likes this.
  4. Stalie

Stalie Member

Ok I'm sure you do a lot of damage worth that set up? Blast cannons with fire combo can do over 2k damage per shot , many players will tell you that's also OP. But we don't we just counter that by Torps and mines.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Because maybe most ships don't have 7000+ HP in Battle Bay?

6. Stalie

Stalie Member

@TheAntiSnipe what is your infamy? And what ship do you use? .
    Things are very different once you reach infamy of+3500

7. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

I don't think that torps form a big problem. If u want to limit any weapon then u should limit all weapons. Torps are much harder to aim than any other weapon, so we should expect more higher number of torps shots than other weapons. In addition, torps are so effective against grouped enemies and defenders. Any nerf to torps means improvements to defenders and will make it much harder to destroy a team of dbl fixers or a fixer against a no-fixer team. ppl will become much angry when they are matched in this "unfair matching". Simply because numbers say that a fixer has 2/3 chances to win.
    Anyway, torps won't be nerfed. I expect more improvements to torps (dmg + projectile speed perk is coming soon).

On the other side, mines are op, and they will stay op forever (maybe we should make it a dbl slot points weapon). Mines are so effective against all ships specially speeder and fixer. Any nerf to mine means improvement to speeders and fixers. I think speeders and fixers are already op, so we need an op weapon to destroy them. Maybe, we can limit the number of mines per player: 5 mines at most, so when he throws a 6th one the first one will explode. This can be so op if a pro knows how to activate his mine right between his enemies.

btw come to nightmare and u will see 5k+ frost dmg torps, and 5k+ dmg mines.

Hellcat_17 and Mr. Joseph like this.
  8. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

I dont have the Fire perks yet but look at my m
    Setup

Attached Files:

9. Nicolas

A maxed t5 epic Blast (1 slot point) can do 2400+ dmg on fire. This is equivalent to a t4 epic big torp (2 slot points). It's clear that blast needs a nerf specially because it's a 1 slot point weapon + short cooldown (around 11 seconds) + fast projectile + medium range= high accuracy and high dps.

Mr. Joseph and Stalie like this.
  10. Stalie

Stalie Member

That set up should work fine, upgrade your shooter and add a high dmg item to your arsenal (hinted at that big torpedo) and you'll soon be able to take out yellow boats that harass you.

11. Stalie

Stalie Member

Well said :)

Nicolas likes this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

I've cruised past 3800 before, but due to having to train myself for my newly acquired grenade, I end up at 3.4-3.6k every season.
    I play speeder and enforcer, and could have been a good defender, but defender as it is now needs too much dedication to make it work, my talent trees are really stretched to their limits already playing six setups at once. Still play it in events tho.
    I still disagree with your point, because I know how horrible it feels to be frosted and hit by a T5 Epic bigtorp/RG, and those numbers are too big to add crits to them. As an ex-torp pro myself, I disagree with the notion that torpedoes need any more damage buffs than what they already have.

13. TheAntiSnipe

Objection: That combo IS a twoslot combo. Blast+flare is TWO guns.

14. TheAntiSnipe

Damn, really? Sounds neat, but source?(No offence btw xD)
    (Am not near my phone rn, so if the new event's perks have been released, please pardon my ignorance lol)

15. Stalie

Stalie Member

Thanks for your reply, so you don't like the amount of damage that a Big Torpedo can deal? That's with the blast and Big Torp combo, how do you feel about the freeze and Big Berta combo? A Tier 5 epic Big Berta at lv 50 can do 2500 per shot on target plus the Crit that follows and then the freeze combo, I've seen players get 4500 damage per freeze & Big Berta shot and that's on more than one player! That's slap OP but again we take the damage and counter it with a mine or a torpedo my torps can't do 4500 damage so the Big Berta still wins that fight. So again you can't nerf everything, but you can have a Crit on everything! To even things out! It takes some skill to kill a speeder from across the map with a swift torpedo why not get a Crit bonus for having to aim off ?

16. Nicolas

My ign is • WarHawk •
    If ur around my infamy (5k+) u should know that my main setup is a shooter with dbl torps (big torp and a swift torp). I know how much it's hard to aim torps specially with the high amount of speeders and enforcers. Torps are good against all the bubbles at my level.
    Maybe, we should have a wildfire crit bonus specially on long range direct hits. On the other side, i think that crits should be based on the enemy, and it shouldn't be based on the player only: it should be based on the enemy defense too. High defense = low crit chances. Low defense = high crit chances. There should be a relation between both weapon crit chance and enemy defense.
    Ex: Sniper with 45% crit chance against :
    • 100 defense defender:
    45% x (150 — 100) /150= 15% crit chance
    • 20 defense speeder:
    45% x (150 — 20) /150= 39% crit chance

This will make defense perks more popular.

Last edited: 2 Aug 2018
    Mr. Joseph and Stalie like this.
  17. Bepster10

Bepster10 New Member

it is true that mine inflicts a lot of damage, but my actions are almost always a sign, other weapons are almost always a sign! So you can not lower mine damage!

Stalie likes this.
  18. Stalie

Stalie Member

Hi, yes that's also a good idea, same here, I also use both swift and Big or swift and tripple torpedo to counter against yellow bubbles, just a shame when you get a direct hit om a speeder with a swift torp to see him speed off with +200HP and then get fixed by his team's fixer, when I could have killed him with an added crit

19. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    1. you have to donate me t hrough the b l a c k market :p.
    has am effect on you.
    3. you need to use t4 rares or else matchmaking is terrible
    for medicine man:
    make mine bigger, but instead of inflicting damage, do a weak fire that lasts about 8s
    and torpedos. (and speeder)
    make torpedoes have falloff damage

20. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    yes a parent is annoying a baby..
    if you tell it to get good, you must have care instructions?
    baby: new memeber :p
    parent: cringy adult who plays pixel gun :);):rolleyes: