1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Scrap King's git gud help request station

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by ScrapKing, 29 Jul 2018.

1. ScrapKing

ScrapKing Active Member

I'll be posting replays and progressions where you guys can help me get Better/fix my mistakes/what I could've done better here and help me climb the league here
    So this is my current setup
    Screenshot_25610729_123738.jpg

2. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

use speeder

jk

i cant give u advice on fixer i never kept green items

*thinks about the days when he used to play*

3. ScrapKing

ScrapKing Active Member

what do you mean?

4. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

i dont play anymore

5. ScrapKing

ScrapKing Active Member

6. ChickenSurprise

ChickenSurprise Active Member

Healing you up
    Tough match considering your team decided to huddle towards the cave and then got sandwiched. Did you get stuck midgame against the rock? cause 2 shooters started pummeling you. Also, do you share that standard shield with your defender, cause defence perks for fixers aren't that good (though you have moar health that me at the moment :eek:). Otherwise good stuff- throwing boxes to your team and using that pulse teamates.

7. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

First on that replay, dont throw repair box just anywhere. In the beginning of the game (maybe the third repair box) you throw the repair box right in open space where your teammate could also get hit while trying to get the repair box. Place your repair box in a safe place where ur teammate could get it without getting hit.

Second. Hide well behind your teammate. Too many time i see you not hiding behind your teammate and instead was in front of them. Fixer are not playing to sink other ship but to keep teammate ship afloat. A good fixer is those who can hide themselve well without being detected by unfriend, in my opinion.

ShipCrusherCz and ScrapKing like this.
  8. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Re your setup, the key change to be made when feasible is to swap out the Def perks to health perks as the health pool is much more valuable. This is the general concensus for all players.

Re the match, I can't say you did anything particularly wrong in there. The team being gathered in that spot by the tunnel isn't really your fault. You have to stay with them to fix, just unfortunate it's like shooting fish in a barrel there.

Feel free to keep the matches coming.

ScrapKing likes this.
  9. ScrapKing

ScrapKing Active Member

Alright guys thanks for the feedback :) will upload more replay later

10. ScrapKing

ScrapKing Active Member

11. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

12. ScrapKing

ScrapKing Active Member

In place of box? Would love to try that once I build one to a decent level

13. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    The more the merrier!

ScrapKing likes this.
  14. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

here’s my loadout and stats
    make sure you have the ‘remove stun and remove frozen status’ in Feelix’ Bolt Talent
    Also the invulnerable perk works like a charm
    DF57D5C1-1EB6-4F84-84D5-CB72A67A7541.png

Hazimi, StrictSalmon307 and ScrapKing like this.
  15. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

I used to play fixer but my infamy grew faster than my fixer items so not so much currently. I haven't watched your replay as I'm at work but my bit of advice which I was given which I always found helpful is to at the start of the match show your team what you have i.e. fire a box shoot a bolt and pulse etc. Those who use the fixer the best know to look at the fixer at the start and see if they do this and then they can play accordingly.

So if I play and the fixer fires 2 bolts I know I can go further away than if they only fire 1 and a pulse/box.

Also a fixer should do no damage in a match really unless they are waiting for reloading or aiming to help finish off a player as basically your only role is to heal others not do any killing for this purpose alone I used to equip snipers as they are best at killing players on the run.

I hope this makes sense and helps you

ScrapKing likes this.
  16. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    Screenshot_2018-08-01-17-41-46-510_com.rovio.battlebay.png Screenshot_2018-08-01-17-41-46-510_com.rovio.battlebay.png Screenshot_2018-08-01-17-42-32-930_com.rovio.battlebay.png u can use both the setup.Both are good.but if teammates are good 2 pulse will be of ultimate help in teamfight in higher leagues.Also keep duct tape and level up to 40 for better survibility

ScrapKing likes this.
  17. ScrapKing

ScrapKing Active Member

18. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    @ScrapKing upgrade your weapons. Having low firepower creates a massive dependency on your team, making your infamy a better representative of the teams you get rather than your own power. I used to fluctuate anywhere between 1900 to 3300 when I was rocking t1 epics on my fixer. Once you can deal decent damage, your infamy will get a little more stable. Plus, a fixer needs self defense!

19. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I said I'd post here, so here I am ;)

I think what ended up sinking you there was the last battle - you engaged with your one shooter, but the other one hung back and spammed mortars and torps rather than coming in to engage. With double-pulse your healing is only really on point when you can hit multiple teammates with your pulse, as that effectively doubles your output.

I made this suggestion via game-chat last night - but have you considered saving up and buying a Rare Repair Bolt? Your Box is still stuck at Rare T2, so you could pretty quickly get your Rare up to parity with it, and the ability to remove Frost and Stun, as well as heal from long-distance, is really strong.

Either that, or slap on a Duct Tape so that you have better self-healing when you're on the front lines.

ScrapKing and PastelPiku like this.
  20. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Pulse+Bolt+Tape was also a popular setup. A little of everything (rip box).

ScrapKing likes this.