1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Re-balance Carronade: Introduce Carronade crit chance

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by FirnenAhead, 31 Jul 2018.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. It needs changes

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

With the newly introduced Armor perks, Carro is being heavily nerfed. Just imagine a Defender with 4 Shields and 4 leg Armor perks :eek: Carro becomes useless. Even a speeder with big shield and standard shield will start laughing at a weapon that is specially meant to tear speeders down!

So here's an idea to Re-balance Carronade:
    Introduce Carronade Crit chance. Crit damage bonus for carronades would be way lower than for cannons: just 130% (or 120%?) for each shot. Every carronade will get automatically 1% crit chance, and a new event perk will be introduced: Legendary one will give 12% crit chance (just as grenade perks) + 9 damage. I think this is a way to re-balance Carronades without making them OP, as well as an idea for a cool carronade perk (because the range perk is really poor).

PS: I think the same idea with some changes could be applied to regular cannons, so they get re-balanced too.
    PS2: Notice that the only one ship that would get nerfed with this change would be Enforcer (nice, isn't it?) because it's the only ship that nobody would use with 2 blue shields.

AntiHero, Nam_Nam and Mad_Bulls_007 like this.
  2. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    well , it's not like carronade get direct nerf , i mean just how many of the boat on the bay with those kind setup , carronade just need to aim another boat who have lower defense point . so no need , at least for now

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Carronade needs to be adopted by bhurt. (But can stay with swift training).

What does this mean? *new* Carronade is considered a cannon and gets benefits from bhurt and swift. (Life tritorp gets benefits from blastian and sinklair).

Am I not specfic enough? Carronade will have extra damage to burn targets. Extra range from bhurt training. Chance to crit. Crit chance perks can be added. Etc.

#CarronadeLivesMatter

xArrogance and AntiHero like this.
  4. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

WHY NOT PS4?

5. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I got a leggy carronade from combining pieces and changed some crew skills around to make the most of it lol at lvl1 with no perks it does 7x101 damage with niece little slow bonus and is pretty satisfying to use but, I my over all style really suffers from the reduced speed and agility I now have from changing swifts skills.
    Problem is I weighed up everything and know my game is way better off overall with the speed and agility skills, if I still had that mobility then carronade would be amazing, but as it is I'm changing the skills back and since carronade with only 4 projectiles and lower damage sùx! I'm thinking of scrapping it to feed another leggy item
    I'd support any ideas to save my carronade from the scapper lol

Tho strong crit capability on a weapon with already decent damage and such fast cool down does seem excessive lol

6. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Don't scrap it. Just wait til you have a better turbo to use it without losing speed.

7. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Except some people like has has plenty of shields but doesn't get any shield perks from the last event after opening at least 8 boxes, which gives a high chance (at least 65%) of getting at least one, but bb thinks I use mortars, so I just get mortar perks. I didn't even get a turbo perk either.

Cavy likes this.
  8. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Lol my perks earned so far: 2x mine 2x rail gun 2x mortar 1x fire, frost launcher, and a ice cannon one lol don't have any of the gear for them except for mine but only need 1 perk lol and of curse a cannon but since it's a sniper I don't like ideas of replacing crit perks so all useless

That's just leggy ones lol but other rarity perks were always garbage too, only one that I use is a rare fire torp