1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Carronade

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gnu, 18 Oct 2017.

1. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Its angle is one of the best features of the carronade! you can be so close to an enemy shooting him above a wave without him even having the oportunity to respond!

Hokuse and Mad_Bulls_007 like this.
  2. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

By angle you mean arc, wheras it’s spread is terrible, and I guess it’s projectile speed isn’t fast enough cause it bounces off speeders when a cannon wouldn’t.

I think that to utilize the slowing effect, spread, and even its range properly, these projectiles should have their own sort of heat seeking smart vertical movement, even if you fire at a group the enemies that are at a closer or further range than your locked target, then they won’t get hit and most of your projectiles just hit the water, if not all of them.

The 12 degree spread is fine, but I think they just need a slightly “smarter” movement.

Da Carronade King likes this.
  3. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Seriously, just give carronade extra damage for burn. It doesn't even have to be that much. Much better weapon then as it would be worth getting up close.

4. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

I agree , you can't do much with it anymore
    :(

5. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Maybe something even smaller, like what if it don’t break frost? Just trying to think of a small buff for it, maybe as an event perk?

6. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

Carronade needs to be fixed

7. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

Hopefully they fix it

8. FirnenAhead

I'm a Carro user and I think it's balanced. The only problem is that the legendary perk meant for Carronade sucks and does nothing compared to other super cool effects in most of the other weapon's perks :mad:

wreck your day and Hokuse like this.
  9. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

%100 agree. I have an legendary perk idea for carronade:
    If you can hit with all the bullets to a target, the target will have 1,5 secs stun. Duration is pretty low and it is really hard to hit with all the 7 bullets. It is not a big deal but it will help to carro users to survive.

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

For bicarro with two event perks, this will be heavily unbalanced. People won't even be able to react at close range. No chance to fight back.

Nikkie! and Da Carronade King like this.
  11. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

I disagree with it only being a speeder/ enforcer weapon. As a shooter with a carronade, speeders flee from me after I smash them with my carronade and in the events, it appeared to be the go to weapon for almost everyone. I've also had huge success as a fixer using carronade to discourage that pesky yellow.

12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Actually, considering all factors, I do think carro was meant for non-yellow ships. Look at the penalties it applies on speeder, as a matter of fact. Speed reduction, evasion reduction... I think it's more of a defender/fixer option than a shooter one, but @BITTERSTEEL would disagree;)

Nikkie! and Da Carronade King like this.
  13. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Meh I don't really care.

The only good ship for carronade I think is defender, since they can get close due to their health. Speeder is also good tho. I don't use carronade because I HATE getting close. Too dangerous since you can be hit with torps relatively easily, blast and ex cannons are harder to nitro against, and the obvious threat of enemy having carro

14. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Carronade just needs a special event perk to penetrate through the armor imo. Like 50% for the leggy perk.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  15. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

In my opinion, carro is good for all ship but maybe its best on double buble ship since they can afford to get close.
    For non-speeder, its a good weapon to cou ter speeder. For yellow boats, they can get close quickly, move to opposite direction of where the turret turning to, shoot, and maybe run again. But i admit, it is hard to dodge shots from close diatance

16. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    You should see American Marauder and his tri-carronade defender set-up.;)

TheAntiSnipe and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  17. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

i reaallly used to consider scrapping my blast for a carronade with a flare plus carronade setup but that was the problem....the blast does way more damage genarally with burn perks

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

I just started to use it and I just have a blue lv40 with epic perks... but the little experience I’ve had with it was really bad. I’m supposed to do around +800 per shot (+100 each projectile) and sometimes I don’t even make 200-300 per shot because of its arc. I just shoot to the water.

I don’t see advantages compared to the normal cannon

19. FirnenAhead

Lol it's actually the opposite. the best way to kill a 3-5 torp Shooter or a 1-2 Torp Defender is to stay pretty close just in front of them so their torps are useless and exchange shots

20. FirnenAhead

I posted in this same thread that carronade was balanced, but with the newly introduced Armor perks, Carro is being damn nerfed. Just imagine a Defender with 3 Shields and 3 leg Armor perks :eek: Carro becomes useless. Even a speeder with big shield and standard shield will start laughing at a weapon that is specially meant to tear speeders down!

So here's an idea to Re-balance Carronade:
    Introduce Carronade Crit chance. Crit damage bonus for carronades will be way lower than for cannons: just 130% (or 120%?) for each shot. Every carronade will get automatically 1% crit chance, and a new event perk will be introduced: Leg will give 12% crit chance (just as grenade perks) + 9 damage. I think this is a way to re-balance Carronades without making them OP. I'll make a thread about this (https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/re-balance-carronade-introduce-carronade-crit-chance.21226/) :p

PS: I think the same idea could be applied to regular cannons, or just a buff to base damage, so they get re-balanced too.

Last edited: 31 Jul 2018