1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

wildfire perk

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kurd1stan., 29 Jul 2018.

1. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

why wildfire torp hit put all players on fire with 10% of its 100% damage for 5s and not 10% of the damage each player take for 5s ?

2k damage torp is fired and

it hits a wall and a player took 1k damage but if that was a wildfire torp then he will be on fire (200 damage for 5s) and not (100 damage for 5s)

or it hits a player and another one take splash damage then both will be on fire (200 damage for 5s) and not (one(who hit the torp ) will take 200 damage for 5s and the other one 10% of the damage he took for 5s)

o_O

my torp is not epic or legendary it is t5 rare and my wildfire perk isnt epic or legendary it is a rare one so if i think a rare one with a rare perk is OP if it works then what about others ? T5E 320×5=1.6k(it will deal 1.6k damage to a player who took only 1k of that big torp) then imagine if it hits 5 players=+20k :eek::D

Last edited: 29 Jul 2018
  2. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

That's an astronomical "if" you have there :) (the chances of the stars aligning, that perfectly, for that to even happen)

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  3. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Either make grenades work that way also, or make torps work like grenades. It doesn't really make sense now.

4. Kurd1stan.

You are talking about
    That is just an extra part of this thread , i had no reason to add it but i did:D:oops:

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

This is false. My torp has hit an enemy and splashed his teammate, the splashed teammate took -17 dmg for 5s while the enemy hit took -110 for 5s.

6. Kurd1stan.

Was that player who took -17 for 5s a defender with 93 defence point ?:rolleyes:

7. Joey who

Defense points doesn't shield you from fire. Especially if your theory was correct

8. Kurd1stan.

I didnt know that , but iam 100% yes 100% sure both will take the same damage for 5s, i have seen it many many times

9. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

*Opens inventory and this is what pops up* :p
    IMG_20180729_171650.png
    In my opinion the perk is definitely good but not op. Some other event perks are also
    similarly strong, and don't forget that this burn only takes place once every ~five hits.

Also, according to my own observations, the burn duration might be 5 seconds in the paper but the damage only ticks four times. So 3k torpedo burning does 1,2k and not 1,5k dmg.

10. Kurd1stan.

yes it deals too much but iam not saying that is OP i meant that it should deal 10% of the damage each player took and not 10% of the 100%

PallabKumarS and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  11. Joey who

It already does that. You need to do some testing

12. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Nope, it does 10% of torp damage to all the players who were in the radius of big torp.

I'll share a replay where u can see 3 ships got hit by the torp and all 3 of them were burnt for the same damage. Hope this answers your question. :)

ShipCrusherCz and Kurd1stan. like this.
  13. Joey who

Yes. Because you hit them all with the same damage. But if one was farther away and took 100 dmg from your big torp it would burn him for -10 per tick

14. Mad_Bulls_007

Nope! Even if the torp hits for a 100, it will burn u for 10% of your torp damage. I have been using wild fire perk for the past 1 month and every single fire lit was for 10% of the torp damage regardless of damage.

wreck your day and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  15. Joey who

My swift torp burned someone for -17 a tick yesterday during CTF. My swift torp does around 1200 dmg lol. Guess I'll have to test in custom when I get on bb xD

16. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

@Joey who I once set enemy on fire with my big torp, it was splash damage hit at maximal distance from explosion and the enemy had enough defense, so he recieved 0 splash damage, yet he burned for 118 damage
    if the burn damage was 10% of the hit damage, he would recieve 10% from 0, that's 0
    but he was burning for 118, that's 10% from my big torp damage (my big torp's damage is 1182)

17. Mad_Bulls_007

Happy :rolleyes:
    20180729_231807.gif

18. What's Up Player

19. Kurd1stan.

what does that supposed to do ? it is not a gif :p

20. What's Up Player

The first number is the hit, the second is fire damage from crit :D
    Edit: it was just to prove, it's not 10% from the actual hit of torpedo, but rather from max damage.