1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Team pulling my infamy down ( an idea suggested )

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Donxization, 3 Jun 2017.

1. Donxization

Donxization New Member

I get the point of giving infamy based on teams since its a multiplayer game, but it's really frustrating. There have been games where I have out performed all players ( including the ones from the opponent team ) still I loose infamy because of my team mates. What I feel can be a small solution is.. the best player of losing side.. only looses 50% of the infamy ( or even less ) compared to other people in his team. I get is that noobs are able to get good infamy via reverse logic, thus it makes harder to separate them from people who can play, but it would be nice if there is less penalty for good performers even from the losing side.

Attached Files:

2. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    So hard to determine best though. You may do the most damage, but it depends so much on your ship type and level relative to everyone else. What would determine best? Defense, heals, disruption (stuns, freeze) relative to your ship level and to everyone else? I just don't see it. You win with the team you have. You get stars occasionally when you perform exceptionally.

Losing just sucks. No way around it.

3. MHz3000

MHz3000 Member

IMG_1617.PNG Yeah it's like they took matchmaker design lessons from wargaming.

Legendary weapons on my team can't hit the shooter sailing a straight line right in front of them, same person on the enemy team kills me in 2 shots regardless of what I do. And the enemy team 80% of the time has the only fixer, sometimes two.

4. Atmo

Atmo Member

I don't mind losing, what I do mind is my infamy dropping from 850 to 350 in a matter of about four hours. I was consistently the high scorer in damage points, kills and stars, and lost almost every game. I've had that happen more than once. When it starts, you can't fight hard enough to stop it. You just have to let it bottom out and it will start to slowly come back up. Something like that is hard to explain.

5. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

I agree with you, ship type matter, another example, speeder is not expected to have high damage, but they are good for distraction strategy.

The bad thing is that if shooter have lower damage than yellow boats. I mean what the use of those 5 weapo anyway

ShipCrusherCz and Atmo like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I have a huge number of games under my belt, and I can say right now, it is impossible to judge contribution purely by damage. I have been a speeder dealing only 5k damage(in Ace 2-Ace 1) who really turned the game around because that 5k damage was solely resopnsible for the enemy fixer's death. I have also been that dude in an enforcer(back in my noob days) who attempted to outheal a fixer with sheer DPS, and lost.

Infamy in both these cases was gained and lost as deserved. But I don't think justice would be done in your system.

envylife and PastelPiku like this.
  7. Atmo

Atmo Member

I think what frustrates a lot of players is if you play, for instance, 100 games, you are the high scorer in 75 games and you only win 25 games out of that 100 games, you see your infamy take a huge hit. What are the odds? I'm not a high infamy player, seem to average about 600. I have fought my way to about 850 only to see it take a nosedive to 350 in a matter of a few hours. Then it will turn around and start easing back up. In the meantime, nothing has changed as far as boat, weapons or skill level.
    I would like to know what parameters they use to match teammates in normal battles and in special events. Some say infamy in normal and gear score in special events.

8. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

how old are those pics ? :eek::confused:
    they are older than my BB account :(

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

Damn, really? I remember seeing them a lot lol

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

Yup, that's it, infamy in ranked and GS in events.

Also, yeah, I've had that too. On a larger scale xD. Dropped from 2775 to 1950 or so. That streak was insane, but looking back, I really didn't have the gear to get to 2775 back then, and the drop must have been because I got carried by good teammates before it happened.

Atmo likes this.
  11. Kurd1stan.

after 12 days my account will be 1 years old ;).

StrictSalmon307 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

That explains it. My account is already above 1 year and two months old lol

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  13. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    How do you guys know how old your accounts are?

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  14. Kurd1stan.

from " when did you downloaded/started to play battle bay? "
    me : 9/August/2017

if you mean "is it written somewhere in battle bay ? " then no

StrictSalmon307 likes this.