1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

A "Practical" Marketplace/ Black Market Idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Sachin Shekhar, 27 Jul 2018.

1. Sachin Shekhar

Sachin Shekhar Active Member

Lots of players have shown their interests in Marketplace/ Black Market, but implementing it is not practically because of misuse of the system and it can also create revenue dent to Battle Bay.

Well, here's my "Practical" idea: Limit trade to once per year per user. Such time limitation can really work.

R4Z0R likes this.
  2. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

WUNCE PER YERR???
    might as well not imo...i would love to have this trading thing except there are the scammers and Rovio's wallet so...

3. ElMataC

ElMataC Member

This is a cool idea, but once per year seems a lot extreme to me, I honestly feel like once per week would actually make sense

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  4. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Trading would have to be trading of equivalent items only. Same tier and rarity. Or "same" gear score, so a T5 Rare for a T1 Leg. Perks would be removed, but could also be traded for same rarity. I'm not sure about resources (gold, sugar, pearls, parts, and cells). Those probably wouldn't be good to include.

5. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

As much as I would love marketplaces to trade useless rng items I'd never use, it would reduce rovio's revenue by a great deal. People would be hording items they don't use, in order to exchange via marketplace. Even doing this once a month means many people would not be splashing money on the epic container box. If rovio wants to implement any kind of marketplace, they need to put a hefty cost to using it. For example, exchanging t1 legendary would cost 1,500 pearls. A fair cost if you ask me, since right now you have to spend 3,000 pearls to get a random t1 epic you want (1 out of 4 chance).

6. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Agreed. Anything new in-game, especially something as major as trading, would have to be monetized for the devs to be allowed to implement it. In my opinion, putting in trading without monetizing it could lead to some serious internal scrutiny.... Maybe they can find a good balance. Let one trade a month be free, then charge an increasing number of pearls for each successive trade.

7. Sachin Shekhar

There's limited space in Inventory. If people want to hoard they would need to spend lots of pearls.

8. Sachin Shekhar

That's hell of an idea. I would suggest one free trade per year.

One trade per month. Each trade is paid. Give one trade free during Battle Bay birthday/ anniversary month.

Ackoroth likes this.
  9. Sachin Shekhar

Yeah, that's also nice constraint, but I believe this is overkill when we have trading attempt limit.

10. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Trading items breaks the loot crate system. Realistically, the only form of trade that wouldn't break it would be involving interchangeable items, such as parts and power cells, maybe even item pieces.

A reasonable system would be to let players request items in their guild for a small fee, and then a cooldown begins, the duration being based on the item and quantity. For example, you could request 50 epic parts for, say, 50k gold (much cheaper than the actual price) and then a 12 hour cooldown begins. Or you could request 250 uncommon parts for 10k gold with a 4 hour cooldown. These numbers are just examples and don't mean anything. The player donating gets nothing, it's just a favor to your guildmates.

Maybe donating gives some kind of guild currency that can be used to buy item duplicates when you've saved up a bunch of it? Like 1000 epic parts worth of trading for 1 epic duplicate.

These are all just ideas, but imo it's the closest thing to trading I think can work with a loot crate system.

11. Sachin Shekhar

Trading can work in parallel with loot crate system. Crates work on luck. If you aren't getting an item you want, you can't do anything about it. But, trading can give you an option. Maybe, item trading cost can be 10000 Pearls. Plus, trading limit of once per month will keep Crate System intact.

For parts trading, cost can be 100 Pearls and trading limit once per day.

12. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    No I think a better system would be that quests will give you ‘quest tokens’ depending on how hard it is. Infinite quests, but limiting recource giveaways after a few. A screen something like the place you can buy event perks would be cool, you can use quest points to buy star crates, renamed quest boxes, random stuff, (and I mean random, as in maybe a common repair pulse and rare blast cannon combo one day for 120 questperks) or something like that.
    Battles would give you quest points too, and I think it would be cool if quests don’t make you wait.

Last edited: 27 Jul 2018
  13. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Maybe just make the items interchangeable between guild mates ONLY, and have a decent cost to trade ( like 100 pearls), and gear score must add up to be within 1K of the stuff your trading for.

There should also be a feature where you can trade gold for sugar or sugar for gold, because I've had those times when I need augarmbut all I have is gold. You don't trade anyone for the sugar/ gold, but rather convert it.

EQUATION FOR CONVERSION:

Sugar to gold: sugar amount x2.5

Good to sugar: amount ➗ 2.5

14. Sachin Shekhar

This is a great idea.

15. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Meh, just giving people with 99/1 in resources a break there.