1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How to kill a Speeder

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Sachin Shekhar, 6 Jun 2018.

1. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    This thread is enfo gold :D

2. Crazycyclops

Crazycyclops Member

I've been playing speeder ever since I got it to mk3 about over a year ago. Now I'm in NML about 2 weeks away from getting my mk7 speeder. I've no other boat levelled, so I've got plenty of experience playing it and there are a few things I've learnt that I would like to share.
    1. You can solo, but don't try to take on the whole team all by yourself. YOU'LL BE DESTROYED. I've seen plenty of people doing that, trying to flank very early in the game going for the fixer kill, heck I've done it myself. But I've learnt from my mistakes.
    2. Positioning is the key. Use mini map, radar, camera. In short always try to have a 360° view of the map.
    3. Use yourself as bait. People tend to go after the ones with low health and you'll always be that guy in the battle field. This works sometimes in your favour by bringing out the shooter or defender out of position, then you can mark it for your teammates for an easy kill. But be warned this can also backfire terribly.
    4. Make your shots count, as you've got only 2 weapons. Don't fire just coz you've to do damage. If you see a target burning and will soon die of it. Let it die, don't waste your shot for a kill steal.
    5. Work with your team, speeders are great support boats. See where your teammates are focusing. Protect your fixer if you have to. Don't rush evertime into the fight. Sometimes hanging back and assessing the enemy movement can win you easy games.
    6. Try flanking and diverting the attention of your enemies. Go for the kill if you have an opportunity but don't overdo it.
    Screenshot_20180725-000937.png
    This is my current setup.
    Enjoy battling !!!

3. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    In short:

Protect fixer, don't rush, be annoying.

Sachin Shekhar likes this.
  4. Crazycyclops

Crazycyclops Member

Lol... Yes you can say that... But make smart plays too.. being annoying doesn't always help.
    The mistake I've seen many speeders make is getting in bad positions, that gets them vaporized. Using nitro on OB to get amazing speeds and dodge is good. But learning to control them is important. You can very easily put yourself in a bad spot with nitro.

TheAntiSnipe and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  5. Sachin Shekhar

Sachin Shekhar Active Member

Great post, but I believe you've posted it in wrong thread.

6. Crazycyclops

Crazycyclops Member

Ya I know lol :) but some fellow battelers have posted their knowledge. So I thought maybe I should share mine too. It will help out anyways ;)

7. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Last edited: 25 Jul 2018
    Sachin Shekhar likes this.
  8. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Come on dude! I'm gonna have to retire to dumbass shooter because of these tips! I don't want to... shooter is slow af..

9. Sachin Shekhar

Damn! Enjoyed watching it. But, you have to agree that you were in luck. Two sniper crit hits got them one by one, otherwise you were as good as dead.

Yes, a faster projectile weapons can be good against Speeders. This is what I learned from it. And, if you have access to Felix Felicis it's even better.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. Sachin Shekhar

11. Sachin Shekhar

And, how do you deal with those annoying Speeders which first freeze you and then torpedo you with great accuracy? You can find them in higher leagues a lot.

12. Mad_Bulls_007

Not anymore, after the frost Nerf only 1-2 speeders use them.

However, if u encounter one u have to anticipate where the torp is aiming and try to dodge it. Also, try to do as much damage as possible when he's aiming his torp, because he has to stop to shoot his torp.

And u can generate replays, through clicking the #command on the top right side of the battle screen. :)

13. Mad_Bulls_007

Well, no one asked u to change. All u need to have is good accuracy to kill a speeder. Accuracy is the key. The thing most of the ace players are missing, and that is what differentiate between an Ace league player and a Nightmare league player. ;)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    If you get frozen, just try to move away. Dont move at them, just in any direction so that the torp misses you by a bit. If you get stunned and frozen, its going to be even hrder to evade the torp.

15. Sachin Shekhar

I didn't understand. I even tried to find the #command you are talking about, but I failed. Can you please show me with visuals?

16. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

not really, met like 3 yesterday, I use it too (1.2k-1.3k infamy rn)
    even I (and I am still rather noob with this setup) am able to fire torp while moving (even with OB) so pro (or at least good) torp speeders really don't need to stop;)
    and with clever enemy you have no chance to dodge, especially when the speeder has good frost and fires the torp right at your back from almost minimal range
    like this one (it's from video so I censored the name etc.):
    IMG_20180725_113333_129.jpg

17. Mad_Bulls_007

I was talking about nightmare league. Rarely anyone uses it now, after the nerf to frost blaster.

Also, even if the ship is moving, u can easily shoot the speeder, as it will be very close to u, after freezing the ship.

18. Mad_Bulls_007

Click the #TAG that I circled. Ur link will get copied to ur clip board. Then U can paste it where ever u want. :) Screenshot_20180723-214541__01.jpg

Sachin Shekhar and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  19. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

two or three months ago (newest replays I was able to find), few (at least three NM) speeders were using it sometimes, @YSL, •R• =KlocheTTE=, Smile Shark 553m
    all were using succesfuly so;)

Mad_Bulls_007 likes this.
  20. Mad_Bulls_007

Yup! Now every freaking speeder uses flare+ blast or flare+ ExC :oops:.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.